UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Yves Edwards base pay is an embarrassment

7/30/13 6:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ChaosOverkill
451 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/30/13 6:31 PM

His losses in the UFC are decisions including multiple razor thin and arguable robberies, one cut (Stevenson), and one Submission (Hominick).

He is always exciting, and has fans built since his debut at UFC 33, maybe not massive but it's there, and he's paid 21,000.

Whethere or not you think overall the salaries are low or fine, that compared to others who have half the excitment and fans is ridiculous.

7/30/13 6:32 PM
ChaosOverkill
451 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's paid 3.5 times the minimum having fought in MMA before Zuffa even bought the UFC

7/30/13 6:34 PM
man meets fate
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did he get paid 21k justoto show up? Lil low if so but we have seen worse. I think korean zombie is making that much this weekend.
7/30/13 6:35 PM
ChaosOverkill

Edited: 07/30/13 6:35 PM
man meets fate - Did he get paid 21k justoto show up? Lil low if so but we have seen worse. I think korean zombie is making that much this weekend.

They are both embarrassing.

7/30/13 6:37 PM
ChaosOverkill

No matter where on the lineup for an event he is on, I am happier he's on it and he's considered a quality addition to any card.

I hope it's not cause he fought for a multitude of competitors

7/30/13 6:47 PM
FedorEmilioEstevez
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And he's such a classy guy you never hear him whinge about it.

Pay the man. Phone Post 3.0
7/30/13 6:59 PM
ShakeR_

If you have any sort of name recognition, $21k is low. Especially if you've been around since 33. Agreed with above. Pay the man! Phone Post
7/30/13 7:01 PM
ChaosOverkill

Especially if "Excitment will get you bigger pay" there is no more exciting type of fighter. This is a case of lighter weight going against him.

7/30/13 7:17 PM
mdavid01
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Until competition or a union changes the compensation structure the fertittas and dana will pocket most of the money and treat the fighters like a commodity.
7/30/13 7:26 PM
Zaph
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill -

His losses in the UFC are decisions including multiple razor thin and arguable robberies, one cut (Stevenson), and one Submission (Hominick).

He is always exciting, and has fans built since his debut at UFC 33, maybe not massive but it's there, and he's paid 21,000.

Whethere or not you think overall the salaries are low or fine, that compared to others who have half the excitment and fans is ridiculous.

Stout knocked him out cold, but yeah. Phone Post
7/30/13 7:27 PM
ChaosOverkill

Edited: 07/30/13 7:28 PM
Zaph - 
ChaosOverkill -

Stout knocked him out cold, but yeah. Phone Post

sorry shit I must have missed it going through the Wiki I can't remember all of his fights but still Idoesn't make the difference between a quality exciting vet and 3.5 times the minimum

7/30/13 7:28 PM
WeidmansPHD_in_G0atslaying_fr0m_h0fstra_U
297 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

paying Yves that is criminal... fucking legend

7/30/13 7:30 PM
John Harris
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Agreed. He's a pioneer in the sport. A good dude as well. Phone Post
7/30/13 7:30 PM
Burt Reynoldz
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I personally don't give a shit one way or another what another man makes.  If he felt he was being under paid he has freewill to quit and find another job.  That's not for me to judge.  You're only worth what someone is willing to pay you.  Do you think Bellator will be beating down his door after his contract is up to pay him $40K to show per fight?

7/30/13 7:33 PM
ChaosOverkill

Edited: 07/30/13 7:36 PM
Burt Reynoldz - 

I personally don't give a shit one way or another what another man makes.  If he felt he was being under paid he has freewill to quit and find another job.  That's not for me to judge.  You're only worth what someone is willing to pay you.  Do you think Bellator will be beating down his door after his contract is up to pay him $40K to show per fight?

It's just an answer to every response Dana or Chuck Lidell or someone gives about the pay structure.

"If you're exciting and been around a while and yadda yadda yadda bla bla bla."

Yves is a vet from 1997 and UFC 33 and never fights boring, the explanation is completely void.

7/30/13 7:35 PM
Kings21
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Burt Reynoldz - 

I dont. But at the same time, Bellator is Bellator and the UFC is the big dog. 21 is a bit low. I dont make it a priority in my life to worry about what other people make but I'm still in favor of better pay for these fighters.
7/30/13 7:38 PM
Wicked smahtMF

uve gotaa be kidding me. wins/ losses should have much less to do with salary. draw and style/ performance should be the primary factors
7/30/13 7:40 PM
ChaosOverkill

Wicked smahtMF - uve gotaa be kidding me. wins/ losses should have much less to do with salary. draw and style/ performance should be the primary factors

Yeah that's mostly my point, and his last 2 losses could easily be wins

7/30/13 7:41 PM
OneSidedWar

Lawler = $150k
Edwards = $21k

Yves should be up with Robbie, imho. Phone Post
7/30/13 7:44 PM
Tat2tillidie
357 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kings21 -
Burt Reynoldz - 

I dont. But at the same time, Bellator is Bellator and the UFC is the big dog. 21 is a bit low. I dont make it a priority in my life to worry about what other people make but I'm still in favor of better pay for these fighters.
I wonder if the athletes can determine what is shown to the athletic commissions ... I can't see him making that little in pay ... He has to be getting a good backstage bonus ... Remember these guys are sub contractors and they can claim whatever they choose to ... Phone Post 3.0
7/30/13 7:45 PM
ChaosOverkill

Tat2tillidie - 
Kings21 -
Burt Reynoldz - 

I wonder if the athletes can determine what is shown to the athletic commissions ... I can't see him making that little in pay ... He has to be getting a good backstage bonus ... Remember these guys are sub contractors and they can claim whatever they choose to ... Phone Post 3.0

Not sure why Ellenberger would want to claim as much as he does then lol

7/30/13 7:47 PM
DirtyLickinsBrah
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't agree with high pay for all fighters, could lead to more safe and boring point fighting to ensure a decision victory.

However, Yves has always proven to be an exciting fighter, he definitely deserves more money.

u see a lot of highly paid fighters putting on shitty fights
there pay should be cut down.
7/30/13 7:49 PM
RicGillespie

Lawler getting $150k and Yves only $21k. His manager should be embarrassed for such shitty representation.
7/30/13 7:49 PM
Zaph
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/30/13 8:50 PM

Edit: Weird Android app freakout from earlier.

7/30/13 7:50 PM
Zaph

Oops. .. App freaked out. Please ignore my last post. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.