UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Does Josh Gross deserve his credentials back?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

28 days ago
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Team GDP
468 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt

28 days ago
SidRival_PBTT, Rival Fitness 661
646 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I consider Josh a friend. Honestly he's gonna be fine either way. Would be cool to see them bury the hatchet tho. Phone Post 3.0
28 days ago
Ramsey
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He has a smarmy attitude and Dana doesn't like him. No other explanation is necessary. Phone Post 3.0
28 days ago
Steven McTowelie
807 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SidRival_PBTT, Rival Fitness 661 - I consider Josh a friend. Honestly he's gonna be fine either way. Would be cool to see them bury the hatchet tho. Phone Post 3.0
Tell him to get over himself.

And I actually enjoyed TUF back then to.

That was the day I stopped listening to or reading anything by that clown.

Haven't gone back to this day.

Fuck im. Phone Post 3.0
28 days ago
grafzep
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fuck im
28 days ago
UGCTT_EnderTL
316 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Woah. Blast from the past.
28 days ago
SidRival_PBTT, Rival Fitness 661
646 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steven McTowelie -
SidRival_PBTT, Rival Fitness 661 - I consider Josh a friend. Honestly he's gonna be fine either way. Would be cool to see them bury the hatchet tho. Phone Post 3.0

Fuck im. Phone Post 3.0
Shit happens man. He was just doing what he felt was best by his journalistic integrity at the time. There were professional bouts being contested. He felt like it was his job to report the results. Right or wrong, he stood on a belief and hasn't wavered. I respect him in that if nothing else. I'm not trying to convince anyone to like the guy, he's definitely particular, but he has also been covering our sport longer than just about anyone else. He paid his dues, and he has definitely earned a place in the mma history books. Phone Post 3.0
28 days ago
JeffersonDArcyChoke
514 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SidRival_PBTT, Rival Fitness 661 -
Steven McTowelie -

Fuck im. Phone Post 3.0
Shit happens man. He was just doing what he felt was best by his journalistic integrity at the time. There were professional bouts being contested. He felt like it was his job to report the results. Right or wrong, he stood on a belief and hasn't wavered. I respect him in that if nothing else. I'm not trying to convince anyone to like the guy, he's definitely particular, but he has also been covering our sport longer than just about anyone else. He paid his dues, and he has definitely earned a place in the mma history books. Phone Post 3.0
MMA history books will be filled with "look at me" journalists and media types.

A season of TUF was ruined for both fans as well as every fighter on it and the network it aired on.

All because someone wanted to "break" the news.

Look, someone knows who is getting kicked off The Voice or The Bachelor but would you draw those same ratings if you had The View tell those housewives the finish to each show?

It wasn't Watergate.

It was a reality show and anyone knows a reality show lives on secrecy because viewers cannot know the finish.

It was a look at me smug move and that's why he was no longer credentialed.

He may be a great guy but his move was not to inform it was to simply have his name out there as the one in the know with more info than anyone else. Phone Post 3.0
28 days ago
Team GDP
468 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JeffersonDArcyChoke - 
Steven McTowelie -

Fuck im. Phone Post 3.0

A season of TUF was ruined for both fans as well as every fighter on it and the network it aired on.

Look, someone knows who is getting kicked off The Voice or The Bachelor but would you draw those same ratings if you had The View tell those housewives the finish to each show?

It wasn't Watergate.

It was a reality show and anyone knows a reality show lives on secrecy because viewers cannot know the finish.

He may be a great guy but his move was not to inform it was to simply have his name out there as the one in the know with more info than anyone else. Phone Post 3.0

gross and sherdog had already lost their credentials before josh released the results. so he didn't get his credentials pulled for the spoilers despite that myth being perpetuated 

28 days ago
da Vinci 81
230 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Team GDP - 
JeffersonDArcyChoke - 
Steven McTowelie -

Fuck im. Phone Post 3.0

It wasn't Watergate.

gross and sherdog had already lost their credentials before josh released the results. so he didn't get his credentials pulled for the spoilers despite that myth being perpetuated 

True but that move is probably a big reason he's never gotten them back.
28 days ago
Steven McTowelie
807 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

da Vinci 81 -
Team GDP - 
JeffersonDArcyChoke - 
Steven McTowelie -

Fuck im. Phone Post 3.0

It wasn't Watergate.

True but that move is probably a big reason he's never gotten them back.
This.

I said fuck im.

That was in no part some 'journalistic integrity' bullshit.

He did it to cause shit and try to be cool, plain and simple. Probably also did it as a cry baby because he didn't have credentials.

Now he never will.

Being a journalist isn't a right bro. Phone Post 3.0
25 days ago
notsobigmike
78 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JeffersonDArcyChoke - 
Steven McTowelie -

Fuck im. Phone Post 3.0

It wasn't Watergate.

Totally disagree on this count.

I remember when it happened and it didn't spoil the season of TUF for me - because he warned me ahead of time not to listen if I didn't want the spoilers.

It was easy news to avoid if you didn't want to know, and completely within the bounds of journalistic integrity to run the story.

Back when the first season of Survivor was on, the winner was a HUGE deal. There was speculation all over the place. You can goddamn guarantee that if someone in the press had on-the-record details of the winner, they would have run that story in a heartbeat.

The same with TUF (or any other reality show). It's generally in the entertainment media's best interest to play along, because building that suspense feeds their own industry.

But, the media ultimately has ZERO obligation to keep a secret for you. Neither Sherdog, nor Gross (nor any other reporter) had signed any confidentiality agreement and has no obligation whatsoever to Zuffa to contain their leak for them.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.