UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW: Vitor drives me crazy

8/1/13 10:38 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Vitor Belfort scored scorching KOs at middleweight, back to back, against Michael Bisping and Luke Rockhold. UFC president Dana White wanted next to match Vitor with Tim Kennedy, another fighter at the level of the previous two.

However, the hottest manager in MMA, Belfort's wife Joana Prado, said in an interview with Brazilian media giant OGlobo that the only fight Belfort wants at 185 is for the title.

Belfort was willing to fight Kennedy, or anyone, as long as it was at a catchweight, lightheavyweight, or heavyweight. But a fight at middleweight had to be for the title.

At the 2013 UFC World Tour stop in Los Angeles on Wed, White offered an alternative - Rashad Evans, at lightheavyweight. However, Rashad and Belfort train together at Florida's Blackzilian camp, and Evans even trained Belfort for his title shot just under a year ago at UFC 153 vs. Lightheavyweight Jon Jones.

“Vitor doesn’t want [the Kennedy} fight," said White. "So I said, okay, let’s do him and Rashad. He wants to fight at a heavier weight, let’s do him and Rashad. I haven’t heard back on that yet.”

Instead, Belfort wants Chael Sonnen.

White just shook his head.

“First of all, Vitor’s calling out Chael? Chael hasn’t even fought yet," said an exasperated White. "Chael’s fighting Shogun (at UFC on FOX Sports 1 on Aug. 17 ).

“Vitor drives me crazy man. Lorenzo can deal with Vitor, not me.”

Thanks to MMAWeekly for the transcription.

8/1/13 10:43 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jesus told him to call out Chael P.

Jesus wants TRT showdown Phone Post
8/1/13 10:58 AM
Freakin 10er
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't see why Belfort not wanting to fight Kennedy was a big deal. I wouldn't put Kennedy at "the same level" as Rockhold, and neither does the UFC's own ranking system.
8/1/13 11:01 AM
OmgItsTheWams
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with belfort here and why hate on the guy for wanting a title shot is that not what all fighters want? And the anderson destroyed him so why does he want a shot well anderson just got destroyed by weidman and he doesn't have a problem with the instant rematch Phone Post
8/1/13 11:02 AM
5pointer

couldnt dana and the boys just make the kennedy fight at 195? i see vitors point, make it a catchweight and lets have a fight.
8/1/13 11:05 AM
Silverball
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Kennedy fight was bad matchmaking, but equally suspect was Vitor calling out Chael before the fight with Shogun has even happened. The Rashad fight, on the other hand, sounds a lot more interesting.
8/1/13 11:08 AM
SKARHEAD
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh look...it's Dana "The STAR" White talking shit about one of his fighters and their business dealings IN PUBLIC ONCE AGAIN.

How surprising and professional.
8/1/13 11:09 AM
DJmixmasterMobbie

quit crying Dana its the fight business
8/1/13 11:15 AM
Ip Man 81

OmgItsTheWams - I agree with belfort here and why hate on the guy for wanting a title shot is that not what all fighters want? And the anderson destroyed him so why does he want a shot well anderson just got destroyed by weidman and he doesn't have a problem with the instant rematch Phone Post
Don't be an idiot, Vitor got destroyed by Anderson, and then went and got destroyed by Jones. Anderson lost his first fight in the UFC to Weidman, and has done a hell of a lot more than Vitor has the last couple years. He is the best fighter to fight in the UFC, Belfort doesn't even crack the top 15. Phone Post 3.0
8/1/13 11:16 AM
thegreenroom
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vitor vs Rashad would be an excellent fight IMO.

Winner is pretty high up at light heavy weight pecking order. I don't know why vitor would dismiss this if he wants heavier fights. Phone Post
8/1/13 11:27 AM
TimKennedyTookMyVCard
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Señor Penis - To fight kennedy was a step backwards. Why do they want this fight so bad? Ridiculous. Phone Post
Seems clear to me. They don't want him to have a path to the title so they are trying to give him fights that don't warrant the title demands he has been making. Phone Post 3.0
8/1/13 11:28 AM
thegreenroom

Señor Penis - To fight kennedy was a step backwards. Why do they want this fight so bad? Ridiculous. Phone Post
Agreed. But a fight with rashad is a step in the right direction. Light heavy has so many contenders he isn't going to get there with out fighting some of them.

And middle weight is gonna be booked for awhile especially if Anderson wins the rematch. He should fight rashad. Champ vs champ. Lion vs lion. He loves to say that shit anyways. Phone Post
8/1/13 11:32 AM
Cyril Jeff
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom
No way he fights Hashad imo. Phone Post 3.0
8/1/13 11:34 AM
SonOfThePeepHole
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cyril Jeff - No way he fights Hashad imo. Phone Post 3.0
Hashad wins all day Phone Post
8/1/13 11:35 AM
OmgItsTheWams
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ip Man 81 -
OmgItsTheWams - I agree with belfort here and why hate on the guy for wanting a title shot is that not what all fighters want? And the anderson destroyed him so why does he want a shot well anderson just got destroyed by weidman and he doesn't have a problem with the instant rematch Phone Post
Don't be an idiot, Vitor got destroyed by Anderson, and then went and got destroyed by Jones. Anderson lost his first fight in the UFC to Weidman, and has done a hell of a lot more than Vitor has the last couple years. He is the best fighter to fight in the UFC, Belfort doesn't even crack the top 15. Phone Post 3.0
Damn I see you still have that firm grip on Anderson's nuts Phone Post
8/1/13 11:36 AM
OmgItsTheWams

SonOfThePeepHole -
Cyril Jeff - No way he fights Hashad imo. Phone Post 3.0
Hashad wins all day Phone Post
Not the rashad that has been showing up recently and they are teammates no way they fight Phone Post
8/1/13 11:37 AM
UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman

SKARHEAD - Oh look...it's Dana "The STAR" White talking shit about one of his fighters and their business dealings IN PUBLIC ONCE AGAIN.

How surprising and professional.
So wyen reporters keep asking the head of a promotion about one of thier fighters, you want him to plead the 5th, or just say "dont worry about it"???

People act like Dana just randomly blurts shit out to talk shit. Fucking ear biters. Phone Post
8/1/13 11:41 AM
KOphil25
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does nobody realize vitor and hashad are on the same fucking team?! Phone Post 3.0
8/1/13 11:44 AM
thegreenroom

KOphil25 - Does nobody realize vitor and hashad are on the same fucking team?! Phone Post 3.0
I didn't even think about that. Just got caught up in the matchup.

Would be a fun fight. Phone Post
8/1/13 11:45 AM
UGPTT_Rear Naked Chode
635 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What about when Vitor stepped up on short notice to fight Jones for you, did you want to deal with him then?
8/1/13 11:48 AM
PUBLIC's_bsc_in_my_bloodyfluid
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kennedy is a big step down from rockhold and bisping.
8/1/13 11:53 AM
gotmysitchpackedbyweidman

Don't understand the UG hate for belfort. Everyone cries when fights don't get finished, then belfort turns up, finishes everyone he defeats in his current run, and he still isn't good enough because two champs have beaten him.

Wtf is up with this logic. Phone Post
8/1/13 12:27 PM
enbanc

UGPTT_Rear Naked Chode - What about when Vitor stepped up on short notice to fight Jones for you, did you want to deal with him then?
Exactly Phone Post
8/1/13 12:27 PM
OGT
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

annnnnnd NEEEWWWW TRT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD!!!
8/1/13 12:30 PM
jiujitsu100
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fight a guy way down in the division after you DESTROYED a bunch of top 10/top 5 guys, no

Alright, fight your training partner, no

Oh god this guy is so hard to deal with.

Jesus Dana, this is retarded even for you. There is being a whiny bitch and then there is being a whiny bitch.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.