UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> TMA Juice Fasting

8/1/13 7:22 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JudOWNED
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So, I watched the docu Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. Was kinda interesting, and it's got me interested in trying a 3 day juice fast. Has anyone done it? Pro's and con's? Seems like it might be good, but I don't know. Also heard of some people having horrible experiences and becoming very ill.
8/1/13 7:53 PM
Soup and Beer
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/01/13 7:53 PM
JudOWNED - So, I watched the docu Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. Was kinda interesting, and it's got me interested in trying a 3 day juice fast. Has anyone done it? Pro's and con's? Seems like it might be good, but I don't know. Also heard of some people having horrible experiences and becoming very ill.

I just did about a 5 day fast.  First time I tried it.  It was actually much, much easier than I anticipated.  I noticed a big energy boost after the very first drink.

The key i've noticed after playing with the recipes is to add an orange or two with any juice shake you do.

Here is the one I use and IMO is the best:

2 granny apples

6 Kale Leaves

1 8" cucumber

1/2 lemon

4 stalks of celery

1 large orange or 2 small ones

1" thumb of ginger

The above recipe makes about a 20 to 25 ounce juice shake.  The color is kind of gross, but it tastes like a mild orange drink.  No taste of the Kale is detectable (to me at least). 

Even if you don't do a fast, just replace your breakfast with this shake and you are guarenteed to feel much better and have more energy during the day.

8/1/13 8:15 PM
WillD
420 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You're going to miss food Phone Post 3.0
8/1/13 8:53 PM
ndenis
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does it matter if it's "juiced" or blended (ie. vitamix)?

Because I have been interested in doing a few days of liquid food from the vitamix. Phone Post 3.0
8/1/13 9:08 PM
Soup and Beer
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ndenis - Does it matter if it's "juiced" or blended (ie. vitamix)?

Because I have been interested in doing a few days of liquid food from the vitamix. Phone Post 3.0

I know Rogan prefers blended, but that's a huge amount of pulp you have to consume for each "shake" to get the same amount of nutrition.  I'm glad I went the the juicer instead. 

The juice recipe I posted above actually tastes good.  I don't think it would be nearly as easy to down if it were all blended.

8/1/13 9:11 PM
Mihow
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just started a 21 day today

Never watched the movie because I don't appreciate propaganda

I'm addicted to food tho if I'm being honest with myself and it disgusts me. I get cravings in waves like I read about heroin addicts getting and alcoholics and shit. Patton Oswalt has a great skit about it, i'll try to find it.

Anyway, good luck man!

I've been juicing for 18 months, but now it's 21 straight days. Gonna eat 1-3 pieces of extra fruit and 1-2 cups of coffee a day.
8/1/13 10:01 PM
DarthChoke
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a very high end juicer and a Vitamix. Juicer is great but Vitamix will always win out due to the necessity for fiber in a normal diet especially with fruit.

That does not mean there is it a time and place for a juice fast. Fat Sick and Nearly Dead is EXCELLENT. You SHOULD watch it!!!

Vitamix is also waaaaaaay easier to clean and prep time is faster.

It is not really fair to compare a Vitamix with a juicer. They serve two separate functions. If you a serious about your diet you will have both.

If its absolutely impossible to have both go Vitamix. I would not want to be juicing a lot of fruit. Again, body needs to eat the WHOLE food.

As far as cravings go, if you do a committed juice or smoothie (or combo) fast, your cravings will almost definitely GO AWAY! This is the necessity for at least a 7-14 day fast (or 2 jucies(smoothies) and 1-2 healthy clean whole food meals).

You will KICK your addiction to the proportions and poisonous food products. Cravings for bad stuff will vanish. But it will not happen in a 3-day fast.

Enjoy your juicer or your Vitamix either way! I can answer any questions based on my experience and research over the last few years. I have a Breville XL800, Greenstar Elite, and Vitamix 5200. Phone Post 3.0
8/1/13 11:25 PM
HST
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I did that and never felt better. Also lost 20lbs. Still do the 3 day reboot every so often. Phone Post
8/2/13 6:22 AM
JudOWNED
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey thanks, guys. My plan is to start by borrowing a juicer and trying the three day fast just to see how it goes. Before I invest any real money in it I want to make sure I can do it, and see how it makes me feel. Plus I figure a juicer is one of those items that a lot of people buy and then let it sit in a closet never touched.
8/2/13 6:35 AM
FlyingTriangle
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post 3.0
8/2/13 6:43 AM
Dead President

Did it. Best thing I've ever done Phone Post 3.0
8/2/13 6:57 AM
YVEL MACHIDA
371 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Soup and Beer -

I know Rogan prefers blended, but that's a huge amount of pulp you have to consume for each "shake" to get the same amount of nutrition.  I'm glad I went the the juicer instead. 

The juice recipe I posted above actually tastes good.  I don't think it would be nearly as easy to down if it were all blended.

Blending is not the same nutritional value. Its more because of the fiber.

I ditched juicing in favor of blending and all my blends taste the same as the juices.

You have to be careful with the fruit in juices, may end up with sugar-water Phone Post
8/2/13 7:37 AM
WiredFreebird
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I lost three and a half stone doing one, best thing I've ever done, it's a really shitty first few days but if you can get through that you'll be fine. I can't recommend it enough. Phone Post 3.0
8/2/13 7:59 AM
FloridaStriker
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

interesting. Any good guides on exactly how to do this?
8/2/13 8:18 AM
SnapLocally
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FloridaStriker - interesting. Any good guides on exactly how to do this?

Right here bro: http://www.rebootwithjoe.com

^^Lots of free info here

______

I'm on my 6th day of partial juice fasting. I'm not fully immersed in it- I still eat a few times a day- but I've lost 7 lbs since Sunday. I'm biking, lifting and walking for exercise, and even if I'm only juicing 1-2 a day I still have much more energy, and my skin is almost glowing.
8/2/13 8:46 AM
kungfugrip

haha..i misread the title. Thought it said

"TMA Juicy Farting"
8/2/13 8:58 AM
MrChainBlueLightning
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I blend breakfast most mornings, love it.

I use a little of each. It takes very little time.

Spinach
Baby carrott
Brocolli
Some type of fruit, usually has berry in the name
Sun dried tomatoes
Beet
Ginger
Hemp seed
Coconut oil
And my favorite, apple cider vinegar, just a splash

8/2/13 9:07 AM
Mihow
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YVEL MACHIDA -
Soup and Beer -

Blending is not the same nutritional value. Its more because of the fiber.

I ditched juicing in favor of blending and all my blends taste the same as the juices.

You have to be careful with the fruit in juices, may end up with sugar-water Phone Post
It's not more nutrition

It's one more nutrient, fiber

I don't care if someone blends or juices but posts like yours are borderline absurd / obsessive. Lol @ calling juiced fruit sugar water.

How about being truthful? 'your incredibly high in nutrient juice blend will have too much sugar if you over do it with the fruit' Phone Post 3.0
8/2/13 9:10 AM
SonOfThePeepHole

In Phone Post
8/2/13 9:17 AM
MrChainBlueLightning
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Forgot to say I add about four ounces of water and blend. It makes roughly 15-16 ounces.

My body seems to like having vegetables and a little fruit in the morning.

Mihow, I agree with what you are saying about sugar. My mixture doesn't taste fantastic but I'm not trying to please my tastebuds. I go heavy on veggie's, light on sugar items.
8/2/13 9:21 AM
SonOfThePeepHole

In Phone Post
8/2/13 9:37 AM
ghost of KVR
640 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheHomeSteadingBoards.com, Owner

did a 30 day  juice fast and lost 45 pounds, it works for sure

8/2/13 10:03 AM
Coconut Pete
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did a juice fast for a while to help kick start healthier lifestyle. Down 4-5" on the waist and same amount of bf.

Juicing wasn't that hard but I have decent will power. Takes a while to find the right combos of fruit and veg to try.

I still juice for breakfast pretty much every day. Has replaced coffee for me. Every few days I do juice for breakfast and lunch then eat solid (usually vegetarian) food for dinner.

You WILL sleep like a baby, best thing about it. Phone Post
8/2/13 10:04 AM
Mihow

MrChainBlueLightning - Forgot to say I add about four ounces of water and blend. It makes roughly 15-16 ounces.

My body seems to like having vegetables and a little fruit in the morning.

Mihow, I agree with what you are saying about sugar. My mixture doesn't taste fantastic but I'm not trying to please my tastebuds. I go heavy on veggie's, light on sugar items.
Actually Yvel was saying that I was just being a dick as usual lol

For me if I'm using 1 beet than it can only be 1 fruit or I feel like I'm on a sugar rush

When Poms are in season I put half of one in but no beet

I've noticed collard greens are a bit chunky juicers whereas kale or spinach is not

How many carrots are too many a day? Phone Post 3.0
8/2/13 10:05 AM
Mihow

ghost of KVR -

did a 30 day  juice fast and lost 45 pounds, it works for sure

Wow

Starting weight?

I want this Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.