UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Evans: I won't fight Belfort

8/1/13 11:51 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1258 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Vitor Belfort has been campainging for a big name fight for a meaningful bout in a title picture. Rashad Evans fits that bill, however as training partners Evans would be unwilling to fight Belfort if asked:

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans told ESPN.com on Thursday that he will not fight middleweight contender Vitor Belfort or any other teammate.

"I won't fight Vitor," said Evans, who trains with Belfort at Jaco Hybrid Training Center in Boca Raton, Fla. "I won't fight Thiago Silva. I won't fight Cezar "Mutante" Ferreira. I won't fight anybody who I train with!

"I made that mistake before, and I won't do that again. I lost a lot of relationships because I did that before."

read entire article...

8/2/13 12:04 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JohnnyChrist
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's legitimate.

8/2/13 12:06 AM
yellow wrkahlc is dead

That's good.

Belfort bullets are bad for your health. Phone Post 3.0
8/2/13 12:26 AM
ChaosOverkill
684 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cue Dana Yosemite Sam tantrum dance.

8/2/13 12:36 AM
MartialArtsMixed
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice hashed is taking a stance and nobody wants to watch this fight . Phone Post 3.0
8/2/13 1:09 AM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 08/02/13 1:09 AM

bff's hurting the sport.

8/2/13 1:17 AM
MasterofMartialArts
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMALOGIC -

bff's hurting the sport.

GTFO.

People are ok with Cain and Cormier not fighting, but if it has anything to do with Vitor, people jump at the chance to criticize him.

Does Vitor get ANY love?

Two teammates not wanting to fight each other has been going on for years, and it's totally legit. Phone Post 3.0
8/2/13 1:42 AM
JOESONDO
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's fair. Training partners shouldn't fight. It's not about being friends, it's about practicality. It means one guy gets the short end of the stick and has to find somewhere else to train. He doesn't get the trainers or training partners that made him such a great fighter to start with. The fans don't really get the match they want because one guy has the advantage.

If Rory and GSP were to fight GSP would probably win handily. Not necessarily because GSP is the better fighter but because Rory has to find and adjust to a new camp. He then has to fight GSP, who has had the benefit of his normal camp, training partners and trainers, in addition to detailed intel about Rory. Phone Post 3.0
8/2/13 1:48 AM
Eazy08
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

#1 answer
8/2/13 1:53 AM
NFABeeJay
346 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There are plenty of contenders and PPV buys out there. They don't need to shake up teams to get the drama stories to upsell the fights. You take away some of these high level fighters training partners who are also high level and you may see their skill level decline. Phone Post 3.0
8/2/13 2:09 AM
YonYones
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JohnnyChrist - 

That's legitimate.

8/2/13 2:19 AM
NaughtiiDàwg
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rashad aint gon fight vitor or else he will be a fuckn HYPOCRITE. Phone Post 3.0
8/2/13 2:44 AM
88samurai88
257 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill -

cue Dana Yosemite Sam tantrum dance.

VU... because I visualized this and laughed Phone Post 3.0
8/2/13 11:02 AM
Silverball
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

“Rashad drives me crazy man. Lorenzo can deal with Rashad, not me.”
8/2/13 11:08 AM
DJmixmasterMobbie

I agree with Rashad. why fight a teammate? dumb its not like that's the only fight to make

lol UFC needs to get a match maker who isn't a bitch ass
8/2/13 11:10 AM
JOESONDO
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silverball - “Rashad drives me crazy man. Lorenzo can deal with Rashad, not me.”

in other words "I need an adult"
8/2/13 1:37 PM
BubblesNS
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm certainly not a fighter, but i could not see fighting a friend. I'd have no real aggression toward him. Phone Post 3.0
8/2/13 2:09 PM
SKARHEAD
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Asking fighters from the same camp to.fight each other is BEYOND STUPID...What are they supposed to do ? Split the camp into 2 halves and hope no one spills training secrets ? Is one of them supposed to pick up their shit and move to a new town/ state to relocate bis training ? Well, that guy is automatically at a HUGE disadvantage for a plethora of reasons...not to mention basic team loyalty...Dana is a douche
8/2/13 5:08 PM
RollHighAllDay
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why fight a teammate in an exhibition fight? but why not fight a teammate you haven't trained with for maybe a year? It's not like rashad and vitor have a history of great friendship. Maybe whilst down in Florida together they have smashed so much poon together they've quickly bonded like brothers? Who knows? Maybe vitors buddy does. Phone Post 3.0
8/2/13 5:59 PM
ChaosOverkill
684 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"So, we have reports that Vitor called you a poopie head and wants to fight you and steal your trainers, care to comment?"

-Ariel "Pinnochio Shit disturber" Helwani

8/2/13 9:31 PM
Yussarian
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill - 

"So, we have reports that Vitor called you a poopie head and wants to fight you and steal your trainers, care to comment?"

-Ariel "Pinnochio Shit disturber" Helwani

lol.
8/2/13 11:25 PM
MasterofMartialArts
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Heel Hooker -
MasterofMartialArts - 
MMALOGIC -

bff's hurting the sport.

GTFO.

People are ok with Cain and Cormier not fighting, but if it has anything to do with Vitor, people jump at the chance to criticize him.

Does Vitor get ANY love?

Two teammates not wanting to fight each other has been going on for years, and it's totally legit. Phone Post 3.0

That eliminates almost anyone for Vitor since he's trained with every team under the sun.
He's been at Blackzillians for good few years now.

I don't think he would have a problem fighting his previous teammates. Otherwise that would have made it to the public by now, don't you think so? Phone Post 3.0
8/2/13 11:59 PM
Waffler742
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Totally misread that as "I won't fight Bellator," Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.