UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Davis vs. Machida

8/4/13 6:59 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KingofBJJ - 

I won't say that I was shocked, but I thought Machida won. However, significant strikes are only one part of what judges base their decsions on.  Machida mostly reacted, while Phil was the aggressor the entire fight.

Looks like Phil will be next in line for the Gus vs Jones fight.

As a side note:  I think The Korean Zombie deserves a rematch.  That was a sucky way to lose.

Davis was not the aggressor the entire fight, not even the majority of it. Machida was far less "elusive" than normal. He actually held the center for the majority of the 1st two rounds, which was shocking, and he without a doubt landed most of the significant shots of the fight. I hate defending Machida, but he won that fight.
8/4/13 11:10 AM
Freakin 10er
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DaemonDragon - 
Freakin 10er - Check out the Fightmetric stats. I had Machida 29-28 but looking at the stats there is an argument that the fight was a pickum.
I think Machida's laid back style cost him

Man, people overrating FightMetric so much that they even count it over their own opinions these days... :(

FightMetric had them equal in significant strikes, but anyone can tell you that Machida won the standup in all 3 rounds.

The only argument for Davis winning those rounds was the 2 takedowns.

Not placing Fightmetric over my own opinion, like I said I had Machida winning a UD.
However, seeing those stats gives me somewhat of an idea at how anyone could score that fight differently
8/4/13 10:28 PM
ender852
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

just watched the fights, hot garbage.

should have been 29-28 Machida

8/5/13 9:04 AM
The Lysine Contingency
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is it possible the judges overcompensated in order to not show a hometown bias? Phone Post
8/5/13 12:27 PM
JStrongMMA
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Lysine Contingency - Is it possible the judges overcompensated in order to not show a hometown bias? Phone Post
No...It's possible that the judges actually scored the fight corrrectly. Phone Post
8/6/13 4:51 PM
Akston
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Lysine Contingency - Is it possible the judges overcompensated in order to not show a hometown bias? Phone Post
This is the only ly plausible explanation Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.