UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Moraes' hovering mount!

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

8/4/13 3:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ocean6
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

someone gif that guard pass.
8/4/13 3:21 PM
ChipW
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/04/13 3:21 PM

Another cool thing he did was right before the mount.   He had side control but had his left leg grapevined under the bottom guys left leg.  Never seen that before but it looked like it gave him a lot of control

8/4/13 3:48 PM
GrayKickass
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

8/4/13 6:04 PM
ChipW
215 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cacophony - Gif with the mount:

https://i.minus.com/if8uMjMKXhTTG.gif
Good find! Phone Post
8/4/13 6:46 PM
hubris
335 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mma interpreter - 
Cacophony - Gif with the mount:

https://i.minus.com/if8uMjMKXhTTG.gif
Phone Post

Gold Jerry....

that's fucking GOld
8/5/13 9:16 AM
tjmitch
427 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That half guard pass was poetry Phone Post 3.0
8/5/13 5:35 PM
Ocean6
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BOGIE - 
Ocean6 - No one saw this gravity-defying, i dream of Jeannie magic carpet ride to mount from side control??
You are easily impressed. Phone Post 3.0

I don't have your eagle eye to see that he was being lifted in the air by the opponent underneath him.

To me it looked like he was somehow supporting the core and lower end of his body with his chest and arms, while hovering into mount position.

It was not a STEP or SLIDE.

But, I shouldn't bother explaining that to you I guess. :)
8/5/13 6:34 PM
DamnSevern
1212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

8/5/13 7:01 PM
Ocean6

Edited: 08/05/13 7:01 PM
Hey DamnSevern, can you gif from the takedown on?
8/5/13 10:00 PM
owlfeeder
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
8/6/13 2:24 PM
McLeod
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The side mount to mount wasn't honestly that impressive. I know that sounds kinda crappy to say, but it's true. The bottom man was trying to use his elbow to bridge his opponent and flip him over, top man merely shifted his hips/weight to land in mount. The mounted triangle was also slightly loose as he should've been able to apply it without rolling back to guard. That said, it was still slick as heck, the half guard pass was super slick, and the sweep back t mount was awesome!
8/6/13 2:26 PM
McLeod
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

and in truth, the guy was going out on the sweep back to mount in the triangle. Look at the gif, all magny had to do was base his left hand out and stop the roll, but he didn't, he just kept it tucked inside.
8/6/13 2:38 PM
caposa
2026 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

8/6/13 2:38 PM
minotauro11
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My favorite fight of the night. Serginho is a killer. Phone Post 3.0
8/6/13 2:41 PM
caposa
2026 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

incase it gets lost on the 3rd page, here's the guard pass:

8/6/13 2:56 PM
hubris
335 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caposa - 

Gold again Jerry
8/6/13 3:12 PM
Leck Brosnar
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jesus KO'd stayrad - 
Joe Rogan -

His guard pass was a thing of beauty as well.  As was that triangle set up and mounted finish.  Sergio is a master!

I wish you had been there joe! Would of loved to hear you freaking out on the broadcast over thos Phone Post 3.0

Rogan is awesome. The Lineker fight sounded really bland with Stann and Goldberg, we would've heard "He got rocked" like 15 times in that fight. It just isn't the same without Hogan.

And awesome stuff from Moraes, hope he keeps using his grappling instead of standing and wanging.
8/6/13 3:18 PM
Aaronrodgers=GOAT
1359 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caposa -

So sick Phone Post
8/6/13 3:22 PM
hackett
230 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Stann's style. Florian seems fixated on offering his analysis of what's going to happen next, jiu-jitsu options in particular. Rogan does a bit of that, and calls the action pretty well, but mostly he's -- in his own words -- an excited fan.

To me, the whole "over-the-top," "everyone-getting-their-attention" feel about UFC broadcasts is boring. Gladiator intro. FACE THE PAIN. Bruce Buffer spin. It's nice to hear someone just do their job with some polish and let the fights kind of "speak for themselves."

But that's me, and I realize I may be in a minority.

Anyway, the Moraes guard pass was my highlight of the night. Beautiful!

8/7/13 3:03 AM
Ocean6

caposa - 

Thanks Caposa.

I've never seen that before. Amazing.
8/7/13 3:16 AM
Joe Rogan
1285 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caposa - 

THAT, my friends, is a motherfucking work of art.

8/7/13 3:51 AM
malryan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

caposa -

I just came. Phone Post 3.0
8/7/13 4:09 AM
Chucklesmf
187 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe Rogan -
caposa - 

THAT, my friends, is a motherfucking work of art.

! Phone Post 3.0
8/7/13 4:13 AM
WeidmansPHD_in_G0atslaying_fr0m_h0fstra_U
382 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

too late for War Machine to master this technique?

8/7/13 5:58 AM
Joe Rogan
1285 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mma interpreter -  Lol how nuts would you have gone if you had been announcing that? Phone Post

Macadamia, walnut, peanut - all that shit.  NUTS

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.