UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Do MLB/NFL/NBA fans watch every single game?

8/4/13 10:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
fryingarmbar
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LILBROCK -
Allen Hood - No way I'm watching 82 games. But I watch every single UFC card and most bellators when I don't work the next morning. Phone Post 3.0

Not 82. He wants to know if you watch all 82 games from every team in the NBA. He basically wants to know if "real fans" of the NBA watch all 1,230 games each season.

I know. It's stupid.
Nope. Again, you're too stupid to understand the simple point that being selective about what you watch (regardless of the reasons why) does not correlate with how authentic a fan you are or aren't. I'll include pictures next time or you. Phone Post 3.0
8/4/13 10:39 PM
12SixElbow
631 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/04/13 10:47 PM
fryingarmbar - I'm thinking they don't. They follow the teams/divisions they like and maybe read up on results of other games. In those cases, do other fans accuse them of not being real fans?

On the flip side, clearly there are cards not worth the $--in which even if the fights are competitive, they lack any kind of significance-- but why complain endlessly about them? Just don't order them. Phone Post 3.0

Seems next to impossible to watch every NBA game...

There are 30 teams and each team plays 82 games, but there aren't 2460 games in the regular season. There are exactly half that many since each game is played by TWO teams at the same time. So 1230 regular season games. In the playoffs, each round consists of a best of seven series. There are sixteen teams, with a total of four rounds in the entire playoffs. There a total of 15 series with a maximum of 105 (if all series go to seven games) or a minumum of 60 ( if all series are won in 4 games). So with the regular season and playoffs, the total number of NBA games played are between 1290 and 1335 games.There are also normally 8 preseason games for each team. If you count these the number grows to 1410 to 1455 total games.

80 games in week 1....  at 2.5hrs each? 200hrs a week of TV.....

The way I've gotten with MMA is just watching a couple dozen fighters I'm a big fan of, I was going to skip last nights fights all together, but my neighbor invited me over to watch.

8/4/13 10:44 PM
12SixElbow
631 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Even with the NFL, I could see watching all of your teams games... But every game?

I found this online for how many games per week in the NFL

Weeks 1-3: 16
Weeks 4-7: 14
Weeks 8-9: 13
Week 10: 14
Weeks 11-17: 16

At 3 hours a game... (sometimes more)... You' could be looking at 48+ hours of TV a week.

Just by watching NFL, not including other shows you may watch.... You're either the most hardcore couch potato on earth, or you're not watching every single game...

8/5/13 10:02 AM
zedlepln
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fryingarmbar - 
zedlepln - Team sports are more "relatable" to mma than other individual sports? That makes about as much sense as wookies living on the planet Endor. Phone Post
If I knew for a fact that golf fans don't argue over who is a real fan based on particular events or golfers, I absolutely would've used that.

But since I don't, I went with sports that I know most ppl watch and where I know for a fact that one can skip a bunch of games, not like particular styles of play, etc., and still be considered fans. Phone Post 3.0

...and the net result is that you drew a faulty analogy, failed to recognize aforementioned failure, then hurled all manner of ad hominem against those who pointed out aforementioned failures. On top of that, your "question" is rhetorical, which is pointless to answer since you are advertising that you already have the answer. Best you can do is ask a mod to delete this thread and author a new one with a better comparison. Since you don't have background in golf, you could use that to ask a legitimate question while you are at it.
8/5/13 10:20 AM
Infamous Ed
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nah I'm pretty good at catching every bengals game on tv Phone Post 3.0
8/5/13 10:33 AM
Nikemoss
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So, let me get this straight: You are upset because some big bad bullies on the UG hurt your feelings because you don't like the same fighters they do? So, to make yourself feel better, you posted this clusterfuck to try and "justify" why you are "totally still a fan, man"?

Here's an idea and it might go a little over your head until you've gotten out of puberty: Do you, personally, think you're a fan? THEN WHY THE FUCK DO YOU CARE WHAT OTHERS THINK?

Hey dude, that color shirt you're wearing means you're gay....(waits for thread from OP arguing why orange shirts shouldn't be considered gay).

SMFH
8/5/13 6:05 PM
fryingarmbar
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nikemoss - So, let me get this straight: You are upset because some big bad bullies on the UG hurt your feelings because you don't like the same fighters they do? So, to make yourself feel better, you posted this clusterfuck to try and "justify" why you are "totally still a fan, man"?

Here's an idea and it might go a little over your head until you've gotten out of puberty: Do you, personally, think you're a fan? THEN WHY THE FUCK DO YOU CARE WHAT OTHERS THINK?

Hey dude, that color shirt you're wearing means you're gay....(waits for thread from OP arguing why orange shirts shouldn't be considered gay).

SMFH
That's exactly it. You've figured it out. I am being bullied by the UG. Someone call Rener!

No one is butthurt and ultimately it matters little but the UG used to be more fun to post in (IMO). The quality of discourse is in a free-fall because no one examines anyone else's opinions but instead immediately looks to invalidate them by their join date and, yes, the shit they choose not to watch. Responses from the ppl obsessing about the number of hours required to watch a given sport aren't much better as you chose to latch on to something that completely misses the point.

And then your post is on a different level as you complain about my complaints.

I'm glad some ppl understood what I was saying right away, which had nothing to do with the feasibility of watching all events. It was written to promote the idea that posters who choose not to consume everything MMA still have something to add here, because their selective viewing habits are no different than preferring one team over another. I think it's absurd when any UGer is called a non-fan because everyone has to have a certain level of interest to even lurk here. And, no, I don't think I personally have ever been accused of that.

And how THE FUCK did you know I'm wearing orange?! Phone Post 3.0
8/5/13 7:40 PM
DAVID H
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know I would watch any NFL game over the UFC....

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.