UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Bangin in Little Rock-Gangsta Documentary

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

8/4/13 5:25 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
D241
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gets real interesting at the 8:45 mark. This was something I watched back when it came aired orginally, and I've always wondered what happened. I stumbled onto a sequal(posted below). I'm re-watching the original before I watch the follow up.
8/4/13 5:25 PM
D241
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sequal/follow up

8/4/13 5:26 PM
KurtRooke
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub for later Phone Post
8/4/13 5:26 PM
john76
179 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nice, I never knew there was a sequel
8/4/13 5:53 PM
Chris27
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah I remember watching this back in the day.

Reading hte comments on youtube says Sonny Boy died.   

Didnt watch the second one again, remember seeing it before though but they didnt go and interview any of the white kids from the first one right?  WHy not?

8/4/13 5:58 PM
fasterRN
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I live there and thought about moving out to Oceanside and looked up crime rates. Odds of being involved in a violent crime in Oceanside was like 1-270. Thought that was high until I saw it was 1-76 in my home town of Little Rock. Phone Post 3.0
8/4/13 6:06 PM
D241

Note to the age group of 16-25yr olds who I know post here-

Notice how NONE of these actual gang members wear their pants below their buttocks?

Let me tell you guys something, in my day, my dumb ass young generation fucked up warning others of police traps. IE-When people are driving and they see a cop/hidden that is radaring for speeders, after you pass him, as a COURTESY, you flash your brights at oncoming traffic. This signaled to drivers-slow down, cop up ahead.

My dumb ass generation of "gangsters" thought it'd be cool to initiate a new gang member by having them drive a car with no lights on, and whoever 'flashed" their brights to inform them that their lights weren't on, that nice person would be followed and shot-killed as part of the initiation.

This stupid ass "gangsta" trend eliminated people looking out for people in the form of flashing car headlights to warn others of cops.  This "gangsta" move helped cops.

Fast forward to the next gen-

They think it's "gangsta" to wear their pants low. 

1.It looks stupid as fuck, you look like a fucking clown

2.If you were an ACTUAL Gangsta, you would know that it's a regular thing to do illegal activities. As such, it was common to run from cops on foot.

Case in point http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/carjacking-suspect-slowed-by-baggy-pants-police-sa/nYd6K/

lol@ "where'd your pants go Elijah"

8/4/13 6:08 PM
Attack Dawg
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will watch later Phone Post
8/4/13 6:08 PM
D241

Stealing a case of beer from the gas station=Gangsta

Losing your case of beer b/c while running away you fall hard on the cement b/c your pants are too low=not gangsta, but pretty damn funny

8/4/13 6:09 PM
smth416
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is that the one with the tossing salads guy? Phone Post
8/4/13 6:42 PM
ItsTheFlash
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For after work Phone Post
8/4/13 6:47 PM
LEMon
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post 3.0
8/4/13 6:54 PM
felix1985

In Phone Post
8/4/13 6:55 PM
Buster Merryfield
291 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

white people disgust me

8/4/13 7:25 PM
D241

"My neighborhood was full of drive-bys, couldn't survive, all my homies livin short lives, couldn't cry, told my mama if I did die just put a blunt in my casket and let me get my dead homies high, follow me throughout my history, it's just? me against the world stuck in misery...." -2pac

8/4/13 8:15 PM
Mr Sizzzz
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Later Phone Post 3.0
8/4/13 8:27 PM
bobby boulders
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man, talk about a blast from the past.

Still remember being a youngster and seeing the female getting jumped into the gang, and wondering the whole while, "What is wrong with these people?" Phone Post 3.0
8/4/13 9:35 PM
jarroyo
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post 3.0
8/4/13 9:58 PM
Thuglife13
173 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy fuck I remember watching this dozens of times when it first came out when I was a little kid. It was amazing. I still remember lyrics to one of the songs in it if I remember correctly "Just another day in the neighborhood, just another day around the hood" or something like that. Damn good times...
8/4/13 11:09 PM
D241

Thuglife13 - Holy fuck I remember watching this dozens of times when it first came out when I was a little kid. It was amazing. I still remember lyrics to one of the songs in it if I remember correctly "Just another day in the neighborhood, just another day around the hood" or something like that. Damn good times...

Queen Latifa Just Another Day,

and don't lie, you know this documentary was the main influence for your screen name

8/4/13 11:31 PM
RONINXOM
398 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blew my mind as a kid that this was my home state. Still kind of does. Phone Post 3.0
8/4/13 11:38 PM
Mihow
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

always laugh @ white people in these vids
8/5/13 12:13 AM
antifret

D241 - 

Note to the age group of 16-25yr olds who I know post here-

Notice how NONE of these actual gang members wear their pants below their buttocks?

Let me tell you guys something, in my day, my dumb ass young generation fucked up warning others of police traps. IE-When people are driving and they see a cop/hidden that is radaring for speeders, after you pass him, as a COURTESY, you flash your brights at oncoming traffic. This signaled to drivers-slow down, cop up ahead.

My dumb ass generation of "gangsters" thought it'd be cool to initiate a new gang member by having them drive a car with no lights on, and whoever 'flashed" their brights to inform them that their lights weren't on, that nice person would be followed and shot-killed as part of the initiation.

This stupid ass "gangsta" trend eliminated people looking out for people in the form of flashing car headlights to warn others of cops.  This "gangsta" move helped cops.

Fast forward to the next gen-

They think it's "gangsta" to wear their pants low. 

1.It looks stupid as fuck, you look like a fucking clown

2.If you were an ACTUAL Gangsta, you would know that it's a regular thing to do illegal activities. As such, it was common to run from cops on foot.

Case in point http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/carjacking-suspect-slowed-by-baggy-pants-police-sa/nYd6K/

lol@ "where'd your pants go Elijah"

Flashing lights thing is a hoax.
http://www.snopes.com/crime/gangs/lightsout.asp
8/5/13 1:06 AM
Thuglife13
173 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D241 - 
Thuglife13 - Holy fuck I remember watching this dozens of times when it first came out when I was a little kid. It was amazing. I still remember lyrics to one of the songs in it if I remember correctly "Just another day in the neighborhood, just another day around the hood" or something like that. Damn good times...

Queen Latifa Just Another Day,

and don't lie, you know this documentary was the main influence for your screen name

"I didn't choose the Thug life, the Thug life chose me"

http://somefun.net/fun/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/I-didnt-choose-the-thug-life.jpg
8/5/13 1:51 AM
flyingtoehold
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.