UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Teixeira to receive title fight w/ impressive next

8/4/13 7:05 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1247 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Jon Jones is next set to defend his light heavyweight title at UFC 165 versus Alexander Gustafson, and it now appears that the next challenger may already be set:

UFC exec Marshall Zelaznik revealed at Saturday night's post-UFC 163 press conference in Rio de Janeiro that UFC President Dana White and matchmaker Joe Silva told him an impressive win by Teixeira in his upcoming bout with Ryan Bader (15-3 MMA, 8-3 UFC) could earn him a crack at the belt.

"Dana and Joe have confirmed with a strong victory by Glover that he probably gets the winner of the Jon Jones fight," Zelaznik said.

"Glover's got an opportunity to go for that belt with a big win, so we're expecting big things in Belo Horizonte," Zelaznik said.

read entire article...

8/4/13 7:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_CreepysStacheWax
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Allen Hood - He is the man that's goin to beat Jon. Phone Post 3.0
I hope Phone Post
8/4/13 7:39 PM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 08/04/13 7:54 PM

Glover will atleast give Jones a fight.

8/4/13 7:59 PM
aka_rtotheoh

meh Phone Post
8/4/13 8:12 PM
Flexo
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shweet. It will be a great fight. Phone Post 3.0
8/4/13 8:39 PM
LILBROCK

He's had a good streak but I just wish he would have faced better competition to this point. I don't believe he's faced a top 10 opponent yet.
8/4/13 8:41 PM
BTT-RyannVonDoom

"impressive"

8/4/13 8:42 PM
Rudi

NickDiaz209 - Ryan bader is gonna KO him then jones next ! Phone Post 3.0
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Phone Post
8/4/13 9:06 PM
Bobby Lupo
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Guys, glover throws one big slow motion punch and slows down as the fight goes on. Only prayer is a sub while jones is pounding him on the ground Phone Post 3.0
8/4/13 9:23 PM
quality

I think Glover is a great fighter, but I don't think he has anything for Jones. Jones by complete annihilation.
8/4/13 9:29 PM
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Jones is the favorite but I'd love to see Glover beat Bader and then Jones.
8/4/13 9:45 PM
lilbrian46

Glover is the only Brazillian that doesn't get instant respect on thr UG, because he"s linked to Chuck.
8/4/13 9:49 PM
Rudi

NickDiaz209 - Y'all doubting Ryan Bader, 2014 LHW Champ!! Phone Post 3.0
Lol Phone Post
8/4/13 9:55 PM
LILBROCK

lilbrian46 - Glover is the only Brazillian that doesn't get instant respect on thr UG, because he"s linked to Chuck.

I think he gets a ton of respect. I like him, he's very good, and seems like a great guy (loved how excited he got when he won with Tyson in the crowd).

However, he hasn't beat top competition yet. Take a look at Sherdog's top 10 ranked LHW's. Not only has he not beat anyone on that list, he's never fought anyone on the list. Bader is #10 so at least he'll have that, but still.
8/4/13 10:07 PM
yellow wrkahlc is dead

Lmfao he's not getting past Bader. Phone Post 3.0
8/4/13 10:12 PM
Loadin76
1230 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't they say the same thing about Lyoto/Bader?

Lyoto KO'd Bader in the second.

8/4/13 10:38 PM
DoomFarmer
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lilbrian46 - Glover is the only Brazillian that doesn't get instant respect on thr UG, because he"s linked to Chuck.
That's the only thing I can figure.

That and the fact that most of his detractors are salty Rampage fans still upset. Phone Post 3.0
8/4/13 10:40 PM
DoomFarmer
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow wrkahlc is dead - Lmfao he's not getting past Bader. Phone Post 3.0
What's your beef with Glover?

Power in his hands. Submissions. Humble guy. Finishes most of his fights. Friendly as hell.

What's not to like? Phone Post 3.0
8/4/13 10:44 PM
DoomFarmer

LILBROCK -
lilbrian46 - Glover is the only Brazillian that doesn't get instant respect on thr UG, because he"s linked to Chuck.

I think he gets a ton of respect. I like him, he's very good, and seems like a great guy (loved how excited he got when he won with Tyson in the crowd).

However, he hasn't beat top competition yet. Take a look at Sherdog's top 10 ranked LHW's. Not only has he not beat anyone on that list, he's never fought anyone on the list. Bader is #10 so at least he'll have that, but still.
He hasn't beat top competition because Zuffa has shit the bed with matchmaking.

Who's fault is that?

Also, the UG would write off any win against "top competition" due to them being past their primes at this point. It's all old guard.

Zuffa protected Gus from Glover.

They need to let him smash the fuck out of Davis first to shut people's mouths.

Zuffa and their rush to have Jones mow through the entire LHW division have turned the situation at 205 into a joke. You can't hold that against Glover. Phone Post 3.0
8/4/13 10:51 PM
KingMeNow

This being deemed a title elimanator makes will make the fight a dud like so many others. Thanks dana
8/4/13 10:52 PM
LILBROCK

DoomFarmer - 
LILBROCK -

He hasn't beat top competition because Zuffa has shit the bed with matchmaking.

Who's fault is that?

Also, the UG would write off any win against "top competition" due to them being past their primes at this point. It's all old guard.

Zuffa protected Gus from Glover.

They need to let him smash the fuck out of Davis first to shut people's mouths.

Zuffa and their rush to have Jones mow through the entire LHW division have turned the situation at 205 into a joke. You can't hold that against Glover. Phone Post 3.0

Agree and never said it was Glovers fault, but that doesn't change the fact he hasn't faced top competition.

Regarding Gus, the UFC hasn't protected him at all. In 8 UFC fights, he's fought Davis, Thiago, Shogun, and was matched up with Mousasi. I'd love to see Glover fight any of those guys, or any of the others in the top 10.
8/4/13 10:52 PM
epwar
555 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Allen Hood - He is the man that's goin to beat Jon. Phone Post 3.0

UG in the last three years:

Jones has never faced a wrestler like Bader, he'll lose.

*Jones submits Bader*

Lucky.  Jones has nothing for Shogun though. Shogun will whoop that ass.

*Jones beats the hell out of Shogun*

Shogun is old and shot.  Jones needs to fight someone with power.  Rampage will KO his ass.

*Jones submits Rampage*

It's that damn reach!  Jones needs to fight someone who is a true mystical master.  MACHIDA!  He will EASILY defeat Jones.

*Jones submits Machida*

Dude got lucky.  DID YOU SEE THAT ONE PUNCH MACHIDA LANDED IN ROUND 1?  HE WAS OWNING HIM.  Jones will lose to Rashad EASILY since Rashad knows his style.

*Jones dominates Rashad*

Uh, the next guy to fight Jones will be the man to beat him...

8/4/13 10:54 PM
MasterofMartialArts
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lilbrian46 - Glover is the only Brazillian that doesn't get instant respect on thr UG, because he"s linked to Chuck.
Glover gets plenty of respect here, people have been calling for him to get a title shot on the UG since before he beat Rampage. I respect the hell out of him and I hope he takes it to Jones if he beats Bader. I think you are saying this because....

YOU no hespect Glover Phone Post 3.0
8/4/13 11:43 PM
yellow wrkahlc is dead

DoomFarmer -
yellow wrkahlc is dead - Lmfao he's not getting past Bader. Phone Post 3.0
What's your beef with Glover?

Power in his hands. Submissions. Humble guy. Finishes most of his fights. Friendly as hell.

What's not to like? Phone Post 3.0
It's not a beef, brother.

I can see Glover for what he is: another skilled boxer with a ground game to match. The problem isn't his skills. It's his cardio.

Bader will do to him what he did to Rampage in Japan. Glover will undoubtedly have his moments, but in the end, Bader outshines and outlasts Glover on route to a unanimous decision.

Glover has nothing for Jones. Phone Post 3.0
8/4/13 11:49 PM
RKing85
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope it's true, but I always wait til pen is put to paper for title shots.

Cause it's not like Dana has never re-negged on giving someone a title shot....

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.