UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Missed/blocked punches/kick are now scored....

8/5/13 12:58 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Brasco
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

as well as missed and blocked submission attempts....NEW RULE since we are counting stuffed takedowns...only fair

Davis WON
8/5/13 1:11 AM
Slapsymaxi
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You don't think if Anderson 'matrixed' a guy for a whole round, and popped him a couple times, that he'd probably win the round? Phone Post 3.0
8/5/13 1:13 AM
yellow wrkahlc is dead

Slapsymaxi - You don't think if Anderson 'matrixed' a guy for a whole round, and popped him a couple times, that he'd probably win the round? Phone Post 3.0
That's what happened in the Weidman fi...wait a minute. Phone Post 3.0
8/5/13 1:19 AM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
412 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ten eight round - You should make more threads about things that are or aren't scored... There's not quite enough. Phone Post
. Phone Post
8/5/13 1:20 AM
IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
412 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I need at least 2 more of these threads to feel complete. Phone Post
8/5/13 1:46 AM
Sublime7SD
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We understand the point you were attempting to make. Please stop.
8/5/13 9:21 AM
UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman

Actually stuffing TDs , reversals and sweeps are all part of scoring right now. Under Effective Grapplong and Control.

Wierd how a green namer actually wouldnt know that....

The issue is the judges apparently dont know it either, but it is right there in the scoring criteria. Phone Post
8/5/13 9:39 AM
UK Asylum

Ten eight round - 
RockMeAmadeus - If stuffed takedowns, blocked punches and blocked subs actually scored points on planet dumbass, then i can see someone like GSP and greg jackson exploiting this so that a fighter never has to go on the offense and just defend everything to score a UD. Isn't it much easier to defend by blocking, stuffing, and back-pedaling than to actually land an OFFENSE??

While on planet dumbass.......Michael Bisbing = #1P4P KING + GOAT

I was with you till you mentioned Bisping.

Now i'm hoping a truck ploughs through you... Sorry. Phone Post

If either of you trained, you would know any Fool can run forward and attack.. BUT It takes skill and experience to build even an average Defense.

8/5/13 9:42 AM
AbrahamCondorTheThird

machida won Phone Post
8/5/13 9:43 AM
zedlepln
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I reckon you missed the ABC removing the scoring reward for stuffed takedowns.
8/5/13 9:45 AM

zedlepln - I reckon you missed the ABC removing the scoring reward for stuffed takedowns.
Is this true? Did the Unified Rules version get changed or just the ABC run commissions? Phone Post
8/5/13 9:50 AM
zedlepln
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/7/17/3163999/association-boxing-commissions-abc-changes-unified-rules-scoring-mma-news
8/5/13 9:53 AM
Chimp Strength
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't care who you are, you're extremely irritating. Phone Post 3.0
8/5/13 9:54 AM
MysteriousNinjaFromMars
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/05/13 9:56 AM
Give it a fucking rest will you, not connecting with a strike is not the same as 2 men engaged in a grapping exchange were one wants to get the other down but fails to do so.Davis tried to get machida down 10 times , got him down twice , machida goes 1 for 1 in the takedowns.Thats 9 of 11 grappling exchanges that machida won. He also landed more significant strikes with greater accuracy.

30-27 machida.
8/5/13 9:57 AM
Animal Mother

OP thinks it's Opposite Day. Phone Post 3.0
8/5/13 1:13 PM
SonnendbySilva
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Imo takedown defense should be classed as octagon controlas u are dictating where the fight takes place. Phone Post
8/5/13 2:49 PM
Devlin
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

missing or blocking a strike isnt the same as fending off a takedown by out grappling your opponent.

I dont think it should score but it.isnt the same.

Also we.get it, you like wrestlers. Phone Post
8/5/13 7:35 PM

Ten eight round -
UK Asylum -
Ten eight round - 
RockMeAmadeus - If stuffed takedowns, blocked punches and blocked subs actually scored points on planet dumbass, then i can see someone like GSP and greg jackson exploiting this so that a fighter never has to go on the offense and just defend everything to score a UD. Isn't it much easier to defend by blocking, stuffing, and back-pedaling than to actually land an OFFENSE??

While on planet dumbass.......Michael Bisbing = #1P4P KING + GOAT

I was with you till you mentioned Bisping.

Now i'm hoping a truck ploughs through you... Sorry. Phone Post

If either of you trained, you would know any Fool can run forward and attack.. BUT It takes skill and experience to build even an average Defense.

Machida can't run and attack.
He's exclusively a 'counter-striker'.... Also known as a 'wait-n-see'er'. Phone Post
Um have you ever seen his blitz style attacks? He has finished quite a few fights that way. He rushed davis the same way as well. He just picks and chooses the spots to do it much more carefully than everyone else. Phone Post
8/5/13 7:38 PM
Foos
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After the first round of Machida vs Davis I knew this fight was going to be controversial.

When you have two elusive guys, not landing a whole lot of clean shots, then you throw in the occasional takedown, there's going to be bitching on the UG about the decision
8/5/13 7:42 PM
JOESONDO
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Davis definitely won the takedown per round contest. He managed to get takedowns in 2 of 3 rounds and seeing as we aren't scoring anything else, Davis definitely won. However, if are scoring things like striking and Octagon control, Davis lost.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.