UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Does Cormier deserve title shot with win over Roy

8/5/13 5:47 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
macblack
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What's the consensus on this he's been lobbing for a shot at jbj since strickforce. Personally don't think he that caliber of a fighter(mma) well aware of his wrestling back round. He hasn't looked great to this point and it's going to take a great fighter dethrone Jones Phone Post
8/5/13 6:05 AM
Leck Brosnar

Maybe in the IFL
8/5/13 6:07 AM
TheFaintingGOATClownedAwayMySN
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No Phone Post 3.0
8/5/13 6:13 AM
(FtheUg) ANDERSONdreamingHEisNEO
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roy is gonna starch him Phone Post 3.0
8/5/13 6:18 AM
Poptarts

If he beats Roy who should he face at 205lbs? Will it be a gimmick fight like Shogun or something?
8/5/13 6:37 AM
XIITT_JBASS
220 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Poptarts - If he beats Roy who should he face at 205lbs? Will it be a gimmick fight like Shogun or something?

All I am saying here is you're lucky that Thaiguy has been permabanned...

8/5/13 6:50 AM
AndersonSilvasMoney
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Definitely needs a test fight at 205 before taking on Jones. I'd say give him Rashad, Little Nog, or Hendo. Phone Post
8/5/13 7:02 AM
CHiLLEN
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nope. He needs to fight at least 2 more top 5 fighters.

I wouldn't complain though if he was fast tracked to a title shot against Dos Santos if he was to win the title, or against Jon or Gus. Phone Post 3.0
8/5/13 7:11 AM
Poptarts

XIITT_JBASS - 
Poptarts - If he beats Roy who should he face at 205lbs? Will it be a gimmick fight like Shogun or something?

What does a Thai Guy have to do with Shogun a fighter who throws no kicks, knees or elbows just sloppy hooks and overhands?

Also I know that guy, he verbally submitted after I kicked him in the leg just once. Cool guy though.
8/5/13 7:20 AM
XIITT_JBASS
220 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/05/13 7:20 AM
Poptarts - 
XIITT_JBASS - 

What does a Thai Guy have to do with Shogun a fighter who throws no kicks, knees or elbows just sloppy hooks and overhands?

Also I know that guy, he verbally submitted after I kicked him in the leg just once. Cool guy though.

I'm referring to a former member of the UG. Judging by your join date, you may not have seen his posts (and I don't mean to sound condescending, his original account was banned well before you joined the UG). 

8/5/13 7:25 AM
Poptarts

XIITT_JBASS - 
Poptarts - 
XIITT_JBASS - 

I'm referring to a former member of the UG. Judging by your join date, you may not have seen his posts (and I don't mean to sound condescending, his original account was banned well before you joined the UG). 

Yeah, I know. I'm just fucking around my man.

Cormiers debut should be against someone like Machida or Glover in all seriousness I can't see him wall'n'stalling or spamming takedowns to beat them. I don't see him having much success in a gun fight either like he fought Monson, Bigfeet and such. So those are good tests for him I say.

Still, I've seen no attempt from Cormier to cut the fat off his body and be this lean, hulking 205lber people anticipate. Ontop of that, him be so sure he can cut the line and take a title shot without ever fighting in the division as if he has the star power of Overeem or something is a little sad too.

I want to see Cormier fight Jones but a legitimate contender fight would be nice.
8/5/13 7:29 AM
r_o_y

(FtheUg) ANDERSONdreamingHEisNEO - Roy is gonna starch him Phone Post 3.0

yup
8/5/13 7:49 AM
THERE WAS A GLITCH IN THE MATRiX
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/05/13 7:50 AM
undefeated at 12-0

top 3-5 HW in the world

beat Monson, Bigfoot, Barnett & Mir in his last 4/5

SF HW GP Champion

IMO, if he beats Roy, I would have no problem with him jumping right into a title fight with Jones.
8/5/13 4:11 PM
macblack

Monson Barnett mir and Bigfoot are all on there way out the sport big woop Phone Post
8/5/13 4:17 PM
BshMstr
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i don't have a problem with honoring a fighter's ranking from one division to another... so with him being #3 at HW, i don't have a problem seeing him getting a LHW title shot.

however, i'm confused as to why he thinks that the UFC trusts his ability to make weight, when he hasn't cut weight for quite some time.....
8/5/13 6:41 PM
Kentpaul
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Willy the Coyote -  If he wants a shot at Jones he can take a fight at 205 to prove he can perform well after a big cut. Phone Post

Agreed let him beat Davis or Glover first then if he does that he get his shot at Jones
8/5/13 7:26 PM
JerodR
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

100% No.

Although he has shown to be a good fighter at HW, he has only one fight at HW in the UFC. Sure, he shut Mir down but he didn't exactly have a ground breaking performance. Then he is going to fight Nelson while entertaining has not been able to crack the top 5. Getting a win over Nelson does absolutely nothing.

Then there is the issue of weight. Cormier while a beat of an athlete has not shown he can even make 205. The last time he tried it damn near killed him. He needs to show that not only can he make 205, but that he can still perform at the level needed at that weight. Give him Davis, Glover...hell Machida, but give him someone at 205 first.
8/5/13 7:30 PM
Lobo8

Im fine with it. If the lhw division had a lot going on then no but jones is close to done with it. Nobody cares about phil or glover fighting jones. So Cormier is the best option. He has the best chance, biggest name, and will get the biggest ppv buys with jones.
8/5/13 7:43 PM
easedel

Not at all. I don't like this dropping a division to get a title shot bullshit.

Should have to get in line like everyone else
8/5/13 9:05 PM
Pessimist_Pete

THERE WAS A GLITCH IN THE MATRiX - undefeated at 12-0

top 3-5 HW in the world

beat Monson, Bigfoot, Barnett & Mir in his last 4/5

SF HW GP Champion

IMO, if he beats Roy, I would have no problem with him jumping right into a title fight with Jones.
Monson, Mir, Barnet, lolololo lol

Lolololo

Lolololo Phone Post 3.0
8/5/13 9:14 PM
ShowtimeWreckedMyLeever

RockMeAmadeus - 12-0

Undefeated

#1 HW Contender to Cain-JDS 2

Beat Mir, Smashed Barnett and KTFO Bigface.

Who exactly would you put ahead of Cormier to fight Bones and why?
The entire lhw top 10 are ahead of him.

Why?

Because they fight at 205. Phone Post 3.0
8/5/13 9:34 PM
MMALOGIC

no... he should fight Phil Davis in a title eliminator.

8/5/13 9:38 PM
da Vinci 81
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

circa305 - 
easedel - Not at all. I don't like this dropping a division to get a title shot bullshit.

Should have to get in line like everyone else

Get in line like everyone else? Like Chael and Vitor?

Not sure if serious.

Right, because there was nothing abnormal about how or why those two managed to get title shots.

8/5/13 10:00 PM
Bailx
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i think honestly he might just be saying these things because he needs some serious motivation to lose all that weight... and a title shot would be plenty of motivation...

i'd like to see him fight at least one time first at 205

really anybody in the top 10 would do.... hendo would maybe be a good fight, even bader really just to see how he does at 205. and to see if he can actually make the weight and not come in over. (which would make his fight with jones a non-title event). and nobody wants that.
8/6/13 5:00 PM
BshMstr

Bailx - i think honestly he might just be saying these things because he needs some serious motivation to lose all that weight... and a title shot would be plenty of motivation...

i'd like to see him fight at least one time first at 205

really anybody in the top 10 would do.... hendo would maybe be a good fight, even bader really just to see how he does at 205. and to see if he can actually make the weight and not come in over. (which would make his fight with jones a non-title event). and nobody wants that.

interesting point....

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.