UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Ever eaten somwhere featurd on Travel or Food Net?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

8/5/13 11:51 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
slo ko
1172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Adam Richman and Guy Ferreri act like every place they've eaten is home to the single most delicious bite of food they've ever had.

Have any of you been to any of the places featured on DDD or MvF to confirm?

I ate at Juan in a Million and Salt Lick in Austin and they get my vote.

8/5/13 11:53 AM
Z NEDCMK1
1384 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah quite a few, but they have featured tons of places near to me.

Most were kind of a let down.

8/5/13 11:55 AM
bigconk74fe
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yea I ate at 10th ave burrito co. In belmar nj. Its was awesome the first few times , but thenvi ordered the adobo wings that were featured on ddd and they were under cooked. It was ordered to go so I just popped it back in the oven for 5 mins and they were also awesome. Phone Post
8/5/13 11:56 AM
antifret
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Been to lots of DDD places as I've driven cross country lots of times and don't like fast food. Usually been pretty decent, some have been meh, some have been amazing.
8/5/13 11:58 AM
tornadochoke
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yep. Taste the same as even other places. Vary disappoint Phone Post
8/5/13 12:00 PM
Ryduce
192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have ate at one of Guy Fieri's Diners, Drive Ins, and dives.

I have ate one of Adam Richman's challenges(3 ft long sub).
Diabeetus
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Denny's Beer Barrel pub in Clearfield, PA. They've been on a bunch of shows for their huge burgers. I've never tried any of the challenges, but the food there is pretty good.
Nitecrawler
3184 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
I've done a few of the Man vs. Food challenges.

Did the Phaal Curry down in NYC (Brick lane curry house?).

Also did the Ludicrous wings down in NJ.
8/5/13 12:02 PM
TooOldForMyAge
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

City Cafe Diner in Chattanooga. If you finish your plate, you are fat... Phone Post 3.0
8/5/13 12:02 PM
Rantuckjr
353 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have been to Thurman's cafe in Columbus (Man vs. Food) and it was over a 2 hour wait. I was pissed, but the rest of the party wanted to stay. It ended up being AMAZING.
8/5/13 12:04 PM
Ham and Egger
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ive been to several of the places Guy Fiagy went to in Houston. Nico Nicos, good but not the best Greek place in town. Lanford Lunch, good but not the best burger in town. Some Jewish deli that was expensive and absolutely fucking horrible. Based on this I dont trust the son of a bitch.
8/5/13 12:05 PM
smth416
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i just know Guy Fieri is gunna taste something he doesnt like soon!
8/5/13 12:05 PM
Nitecrawler
3184 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Oh, also did "Mustache Bill's" in NJ that was featured on DDD.

That place is busy as fuck, but if you can get in there without waiting for hours the food is good as fuck!
8/5/13 12:07 PM
smth416
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ham and Egger - Ive been to several of the places Guy Fiagy went to in Houston. Nico Nicos, good but not the best Greek place in town. Lanford Lunch, good but not the best burger in town. Some Jewish deli that was expensive and absolutely fucking horrible. Based on this I dont trust the son of a bitch.

Hes done 17 seasons and 140 episodes. That means hes been to 500+ places and never gave one bad review.
8/5/13 12:10 PM
KidPittsburgh
1279 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Any place located in Pittsburgh that's ever been featured on those shows I've been to.
8/5/13 12:11 PM
Cecil
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ate at Totugas Lie in the outer banks ( was in DDD). It was pretty good.

About 3 weeks ago I sat at a table next to Guy and Jamie Oliver, eating breakfast at Pasqualis in Put In Bay. Phone Post 3.0
8/5/13 12:13 PM
Ramy Daoud
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After Anthony Bourdain went to Hot Doug's and The Silver Palm here in Chicago I checked them out and really enjoyed them both. Especially hot Doug's

Been to crosstown which is a famous wings place next to me which was on the travel/food channel as well and it was excellent. Phone Post 3.0
8/5/13 12:14 PM
smth416

KidPittsburgh - Any place located in Pittsburgh that's ever been featured on those shows I've been to.

I went to Primantis on a trip to Pitts last year. Pretty good sandwich.
8/5/13 12:16 PM
SammichQueen
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Went to phillipes in la. one damn tasty sammich, but one hell of a queue.

It was on man vs food. We waited 45 mins and spoke to an Aussie and 2 swedes, I'm from the UK. There were also muricans but I got the feeling they weren't local. Phone Post 3.0
8/5/13 12:19 PM
soonertodd
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Been to Arthur Bryant's and Okie Joes in KC both amazing BBQ
8/5/13 12:19 PM
KidPittsburgh
1279 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

smth416 - 
KidPittsburgh - Any place located in Pittsburgh that's ever been featured on those shows I've been to.

It's not bad, not life-changing either. The one in the Strip is the best one to go to though if you plan on making a return trip.

Also De Luca's for breakfast.
8/5/13 12:20 PM
Rusty Shackleford
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been to a couple places featured on "you gotta eat here". Phone Post
8/5/13 12:22 PM
Ocean6
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Taco Bus in St Pete.

Excellent!
8/5/13 12:29 PM
smth416

KidPittsburgh - 
smth416 - 

It's not bad, not life-changing either. The one in the Strip is the best one to go to though if you plan on making a return trip.

Also De Luca's for breakfast.

I went to a diner for breakfast that had been featured by Zimmern or Bourdain. Cant remember the name but it may have been Delucas.
8/5/13 12:32 PM
chadk
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Went to the Red Iguana in Salt Lake City, which was featured on DDD and thought it was great. Went to a "Native American" themed place called Tocabe right here in Denver (also featured on DDD) and wasn't so impressed. It wasn't bad but wasn't worth the drive across town and its very small, yuppified and crowded too. Phone Post

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.