UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Silva training with Chuck Norris for Weidman 2

8/5/13 1:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
thorsmitersaw
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chuck Norris is a BJJ black belt, judo black belt, karate black belt, Tang Soo Do black belt and a Tae Kwon Do black belt. Also a world class striker in his prime. The guy is no joke, unlike Steven Seagal who was just a movie star.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/8/5/4590482/focused-on-chris-weidman-anderson-silva-gsp-jon-jones-mma-news

Superfights aren’t gone yet - at least for Anderson Silva.

The former UFC middleweight kingpin is set to rematch Chris Weidman, the first man to ever defeat him inside the Octagon, at UFC 168 on Dec. 28, and his plans for the future include challenges against two current UFC champions, Georges St-Pierre and Jon Jones.

"I really wanted this fight to happen," Anderson Silva said during a radio interview to "Panico", on Friday, about facing GSP. "He’s a guy that plays by the rules, doesn’t take too many risks. That fight may happen, or maybe not. He said he doesn’t want it, I don’t know. I’ll train and remain focused to fight (Weidman) on Dec. 28."

"He’s like that (Ayrton) Senna’s rival. They used to compete at the same time and one of them was technical and the other played by the rules. (GSP) is the UFC’s Alain Prost," Silva added, comparing himself to Brazilian racing driver Senna, who won three Formula One world championships.

After Anderson’s loss to Weidman on July 6, UFC president Dana White said the superfights including the Brazilian, GSP and Jones were gone, once that Silva "was the link to both of them."

"I hope it happens," Anderson Silva told Combate.com about the possibility of facing light heavyweight champion Jon Jones in the future. "That’s the fight everybody is waiting for."

However, Silva knows he can’t overlook Weidman.

"I had a nightmare with Weidman, but I don’t fear him," Anderson said during the radio interview. "He is determined, but has two arms and two legs just like me. Now I’ll bring Chuck Norris (to my camp). I’ll bring both, Chuck Norris and Steven Seagal."
8/5/13 4:00 PM
LKP
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hard to top that camp... Phone Post 3.0
8/5/13 4:21 PM
UGCKIRTT_SonofJockstrap
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chuck Norris has some legitimate knowledge and insight that can be applied, he trains with the Machados and is a Grand Master in at least on of his disciplines. Guy also ran that karate federation for a while with mixed rules and IFL team set up. Also Black Belt fighter of the year and 6 time defending world karate champion.

Seagal was handed a blackbelt by his girlfriend's dad when he lived in Japan. 

Big difference.

8/5/13 4:33 PM
cheesesteak
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who's next. Jackie Chan?
8/5/13 4:42 PM
Rhythmprince

Of all the old movie stars Anderson could find to train with.... my guess would be Norris could beat the ever loving shit out of Seagal Phone Post
8/5/13 4:57 PM
PrettyBoy
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's scary news for the new champ. Phone Post 3.0
8/5/13 4:57 PM
Gomrad
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cheesesteak - Who's next. Jackie Chan?
Fedor makes his return with a new trainer / cornerman......

JCVD Phone Post 3.0
8/5/13 5:02 PM
MMAtador

Is it me or is Silva still not taking Weidman serious ??? Phone Post
8/5/13 5:05 PM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gomrad - 
cheesesteak - Who's next. Jackie Chan?
Fedor makes his return with a new trainer / cornerman......

JCVD Phone Post 3.0

8/6/13 5:41 PM
REDRUM_NYC

Weidman is brining in .....

This guy to camp

8/6/13 5:58 PM
ausgepicht

Edited: 08/06/13 6:00 PM

Learning how to fight from people who have never fought in their life will be the edge that he needs to win this time!! I'm out the door to go to my automotive class so I can learn to write more creatively! BRB!

8/6/13 6:45 PM
cheesesteak
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i don't see why Anderson doesn't bring in Diego Sanchez to sharpen his kickboxing skills. I know he's in a wheel chair but he could give him pointers like no other.

8/6/13 7:07 PM
DoomFarmer
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What a joke.
8/6/13 7:13 PM
ChaosOverkill
457 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hear Billy Blanks will be training Weidman

8/6/13 11:27 PM
cheesesteak

ChaosOverkill - 

Well in that case it looks like Silva is going to bring in a top secret taing partner. He will never loose again after Chong Lee teaches him how to break opponents heads.

8/7/13 12:45 AM
MahatmaPetey
354 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson Silva with blue jeans will be unstoppable.

8/7/13 1:23 AM
mwmhong
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cheesesteak -
ChaosOverkill - 

Well in that case it looks like Silva is going to bring in a top secret taing partner. He will never loose again after Chong Lee teaches him how to break opponents heads.

Chong Li stood there
And watched him die Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.