UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rillion Gracie attacking Dana via twitter

8/12/13 5:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mark Hunter
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSPsShadyHandWraps - "As far as his criticisms, Rilion's been coaching and assessing fighters since far before Dana had even heard of BJJ. So let's don't act like he's not qualified to criticize . . . that's a little bit silly. In the end, I'm sure he was just voicing frustration to Roger being cut prematurely by the UFC."

Roger got his ass kicked (even on the ground) in his UFC debut so if that is the standard of fighters Rillion has coached, how can you claim he is qualified to criticize Danas decision (who watches better guys than Roger every 2 weeks) ?

Assuming you're not trolling . . . Roger's not the only guy Rilion has coached, so why would you ever gauge Rilion's qualifications on how one fighter fought on one night? The bottom line is that Roger gassed, and lost. I'm sure Rilion wasn't pleased with Roger's performance.
8/12/13 5:25 PM
Mark Hunter
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lobo8 - It doesnt matter who Rillion knows or who he trains. His criticism is not valid. Roger Gracie performed horribly in his fight, lost in all aspects, even on the ground. Roger is a high level Bjj guy but that doesnt matter in this issue. He clearly cant hang in the ufc and thats why he was cut.

So one of Rilion's fighters performs poorly on one night, and Rilion (rather than the fighter who performed poorly) suddenly doesn't have a valid opinion . . . after being involved in vale tudo/NHB/MMA for going on three decades? Would that standard be in place for Gregg Jackson, or Miletich, or other coaches? You're either a teenager, or just a guy that doesn't care for the Gracies.

I'm not sure how long you've followed this sport, but there has been more than one fighter that had a poor first appearance in the UFC and has came back to do just fine. Roger should have never been cut after one fight. He did fine in the first round. He gassed . . . bottom line.

It seemed a little premature to me to cut him after that fight, but that's just one man's opinion. I was surprised that he didn't get one more fight before being cut. If he showed up and gassed again, then Dana would have known that it wasn't a fluke. In the meanwhile, the entire BJJ world would probably have paid for the PPV to see him fight.
8/12/13 9:36 PM
Stipe
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool info, Mark.

However in this case I must say, the way Rillion phrased his whole point seems miles away from the way you put it.
You seem reasonable, he seems like he's throwing a weird and bad tantrum.
8/12/13 11:28 PM
tenchu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gamebred - 
MMARAIDER - 
AokiPants -
DarkHelmet - For the last time ...... BJJ is not fighting Phone Post 3.0
Yeah, it's not fighting but it beats every other fighting in a pure martial art contest. Makes sense.

I agree though, that this isn't 1993, and everyone knows BJJ now, you can't just except to walk in and outclass people on the ground even if you're the best BJJ competitor alive. Roger admitted it himself when he said that only like ten percent of sport BJJ is applicable to MMA.

Personally, I think Roger is one of the only non-annoying Gracies and I hate to see his family members make him look bad by trying to fight his battles for him. Phone Post 3.0

beats every other fighting in a pure martial art contest?

How you figure that? Phone Post

see UFC 1-4 when it was vs

And the Gracie Challenge matches.

PS: Roger was understandably cut from the UFC.
8/13/13 12:02 AM
TopChute
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You know how bad the UFC is a promoting fights? Fighters on the next card are getting asked when they're fighting next on the street.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.