UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Silva on Jones fight - "I hope it happens"

8/5/13 11:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
slamming
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It seems the loss to Weidman has revealed Silva's true feelings about the potential superfights that had everybody frothing.

On Jones:
"I hope it happens," Anderson Silva told Combate.com about the possibility of facing light heavyweight champion Jon Jones in the future. "That’s the fight everybody is waiting for."

On GSP:
"I really wanted this fight to happen," Anderson Silva said during a radio interview to "Panico", on Friday, about facing GSP. "He’s a guy that plays by the rules, doesn’t take too many risks. That fight may happen, or maybe not. He said he doesn’t want it, I don’t know. I’ll train and remain focused to fight (Weidman) on Dec. 28."
8/5/13 11:11 PM
slamming

Rambo John J - He wanted out of the middleweight division.
It's not like either fight was not possible when he was champ. He never pursued Jones aggressively enough as he wanted GSP first in order to make the most money. Phone Post 3.0
8/5/13 11:15 PM
Jons Forsberg

Silva - "I hope it happens...

at 187lbs catchweight."
8/5/13 11:16 PM
frontrowbrian

Jones ain't fighting a guy coming off 2 loses.
8/5/13 11:19 PM
UGCTT_CreepysStacheWax

Jons Forsberg - Silva - "I hope it happens...

at 187lbs catchweight."
Wtf u talking about Phone Post
8/5/13 11:21 PM
Jons Forsberg

"Wtf u talking about"

"Jorge also confirmed that Anderson Silva will defend his title this Summer and a Jones/Silva superfight could happen later in the year, preferably in New York and only at a catchweight of 87kgs (which comes out to about 190 lbs)."

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/2/26/4031518/ufc-anderson-silva-jon-jones-catchweight-non-title-bout-mma-new-york
8/5/13 11:22 PM
TuLegit

I don't like hearing Anderson still talk about these fights after getting ktfo by Weidman. Doesn't show much change in his mindset. Phone Post 3.0
8/5/13 11:25 PM
Ip Man 81

Anderson KO's all three....HEARD IT HERE FIRST. Phone Post 3.0
8/5/13 11:27 PM
Ip Man 81

frontrowbrian - Jones ain't fighting a guy coming off 2 loses.
Well then good thing he will be coming off a loss and a win.

Or a loss and then a couple wins depending on the time frame. Phone Post 3.0
8/6/13 12:22 AM
Chiron
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Anderson beats Weidman in the rematch, then set up the superfight with GSP, followed by the superfight with Jones. Finally, have the rubbermatch with Weidman. That would maximize the buildup for every fight and the revenue for everyone involved.
8/6/13 12:30 AM
Vote Ups for Zimmerman

Jons Forsberg - "Wtf u talking about"

"Jorge also confirmed that Anderson Silva will defend his title this Summer and a Jones/Silva superfight could happen later in the year, preferably in New York and only at a catchweight of 87kgs (which comes out to about 190 lbs)."

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/2/26/4031518/ufc-anderson-silva-jon-jones-catchweight-non-title-bout-mma-new-york

he also said he'd fight Jones for half the UFC, dumbass.

8/6/13 12:36 AM
UGCTT_CreepysStacheWax

Vote Ups for Zimmerman -

Lol Phone Post
8/6/13 12:37 AM
Ip Man 81

Vote Ups for Zimmerman -

Did you get picked in as a child? Or better yet, how often are you currently getting picked on as a child? Phone Post 3.0
8/6/13 1:00 AM
Jons Forsberg

Vote Ups for Zimmerman - 

yet another roundabout way of saying... "never".
8/6/13 1:26 AM
UGCTT_AndersonTheGOAT
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just wish Silva was about 5yrs younger. Most of us knew this was gonna happen sooner or later. I would like to see how a younger Silva would do against jbj. Phone Post
8/6/13 1:29 AM
Ip Man 81

UGCTT_AndersonTheGOAT - I just wish Silva was about 5yrs younger. Most of us knew this was gonna happen sooner or later. I would like to see how a younger Silva would do against jbj. Phone Post
Silva is the best he has ever been right now Phone Post 3.0
8/6/13 3:39 AM
slamming

ttt
8/6/13 4:00 AM
NFABeeJay
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_AndersonTheGOAT - I just wish Silva was about 5yrs younger. Most of us knew this was gonna happen sooner or later. I would like to see how a younger Silva would do against jbj. Phone Post
The same IMO. With him snatching the W! Phone Post 3.0
8/6/13 5:37 AM
UGCTT_AndersonTheGOAT
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ip Man 81 -
He's obviously not....he lost. Phone Post
8/6/13 9:12 AM
Aaron Becker

MMA Lives Here - Fight with 6'4", 84" LHW wrestling monster --- "I hope it happens."

Anderson is unbelievably bad ass Phone Post 3.0

he hopes it happens at a catch weight that would be impossible for Jones to make
8/6/13 9:50 AM
UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman

Not shocking that John Forstard cannot grasp how posturing works.

Sonce the days before the Wiedman fight Anderson has been crystal clear he wants to fight Jones, and has jot put any posturing type restrictions on it.....but forstard will ignore those and cling to Andersons posturing from months and months ago as a pathetic way to hate.

Yet he is not critical of any other fighter who os not begging to move up a division and fight the champ. Not even critical of GSP who pulled a Romney-esque flip flop and completely avoided Anderson at all costs and refused even a catchweight....

Haters gonna hate...

Eesss normal Phone Post
8/6/13 10:21 AM
Jons Forsberg

not shocking layNpray think he has a special grasp on Silva's mind, go back to selling Buicks u goof.
8/6/13 10:23 AM
LucasBTiger
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ip Man 81 -
...Sayeth the Weidman fan. Phone Post 3.0
8/6/13 10:55 AM
da Vinci 81
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Sonce the days before the Wiedman fight Anderson has been crystal clear he wants to fight Jones, and has jot put any posturing type restrictions on it"

lol, are you really going to start with this bullshit again? Phone Post 3.0
8/6/13 10:58 AM
Ip Man 81

UGCTT_AndersonTheGOAT -
Ip Man 81 -
He's obviously not....he lost. Phone Post
He got caught. It's not like he had a bad performance.

And it's no secret, most people know Weidman was the perfect fighter to beat Silva, now or 5 years ago. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.