UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> How will Anderson Silva

8/5/13 11:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ip Man 81
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

defeat Weidman in the rematch? We all know Silva will destroy Weidman come fight time, so no need to get into that, it's a given. The question is how? Will he decide to KO Chris? How about take a sub victory for the night? Will he decide to go the distance and put on a clowning show? If he does decide to finish Chris, we should also ask ourselves in what round will he want this to occur in? The first or second? How about the fourth round? Maybe give the fans their monies worth? Phone Post 3.0
8/5/13 11:19 PM
Vote Ups for Zimmerman

shut up

8/5/13 11:22 PM
Ip Man 81

You will probably see something similar to the Chael rematch.

Weidman come out, get a quick TD, but land more effective striking than Chael. Anderson will choose to stay on his back, proving he can hang with Chris on the ground. Maybe even get to his feet and do his cage matrix.

Then come round two, pull the trigger and end the fight via KO at the 3:51 time mark. Phone Post 3.0
8/5/13 11:23 PM
yabadaba
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

8/6/13 12:39 AM
Ip Man 81

Ten eight round - Easily. Phone Post
That's a given, how is the question? Phone Post 3.0
8/6/13 12:50 AM
drjim

He won't beat Weidman. Silva has made a career fighting smaller fighters. He can't take a punch. You heard it hear first.
8/6/13 1:10 AM
yellow wrkahlc is dead
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

drjim - He won't beat Weidman. Silva has made a career fighting smaller fighters. He can't take a punch. You heard it hear first.

Actually, I had heard it a month ago after the first fight, but it's okay.

OP, you know Weidman's gonna keep his belt, right?

8/6/13 1:13 AM
Ip Man 81

drjim - He won't beat Weidman. Silva has made a career fighting smaller fighters. He can't take a punch. You heard it hear first.
Ya like Forrest, Bonnar, Irvin and the greatest middleweight of all time Rich "Ace" Franklin.

They were all smaller. Phone Post 3.0
8/6/13 1:14 AM
Ip Man 81

yellow wrkahlc is dead -
drjim - He won't beat Weidman. Silva has made a career fighting smaller fighters. He can't take a punch. You heard it hear first.

No he's not, because its not "his" belt. I thought we discussed this was a given?

AS second round KO. Take notes Phone Post 3.0
8/6/13 10:40 AM
Ip Man 81

Vote Ups for Zimmerman -

shut up

Negative Nanci Phone Post 3.0
8/6/13 11:22 AM
Dugs95

drjim - He won't beat Weidman. Silva has made a career fighting smaller fighters. He can't take a punch. You heard it hear first.
His chin was always amazing actually everyone he trains with said same thing... Dunno where get that from.... He acted the fool n took a clean shot he wasn't braced for n got ko'd.... But doesn't mean cant take a punch lol Phone Post 3.0
8/6/13 11:28 AM
MysteriousNinjaFromMars
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/06/13 11:28 AM
It will look like a cross between the okami fight and franklin 2.
8/6/13 12:10 PM
Stephen Holder

The people who are saying that Silva lost the fight because he was getting desperate and was trying to 'goad' Weidman by clowning might adequately understand Silva's fight style but I don't think they fully understand/appreciate the psychology involved in competition.

Silva wasn't getting desperate. Thats not what happened from what I saw. What I saw was a fighter's confidence go from 50% to 100% within six minutes. He had been told for months that Chris was going to take him to the ground and pound him to puddy or break off one of his limbs with ease but quickly came to the realization that the likelihood of either of those things happening were nil.

Anderson survived Chris's supposedly elite level of wrestling/ground game and then with ease escaped that leg lock (ground game was mostly hype, check, bjj was mostly hype, check.) Then towards the end of the first Chris looked like he was starting to get winded, if you don't believe me watch their standup exchanges within the last minute. Sure Anderson wasn't doing significant damage but he was connecting whereas Chris was swinging at nothing and looking sloppy. Chris himself has sad that he 'didn't do his best' I guarantee you this small admission is about this part in the first round. Then in the second round, right off the bat Silva starts stuffing Chris's takedowns and that's the moment when Anderson's confidence peaked and he got that adrenaline rush thinking THATS IT? LMFAO I'm gonna destroy you now and Silva felt so sure of himself that he took the taunting thing to the next level and acted incredibly stupid. Its gonna go down as one of the biggest folleys in the history of the sport but its a very easy thing to correct.

8/6/13 12:29 PM
Stephen Holder

Obviously I'm a huge Silva fan but after the first round of Sonnen/Silva I, and for the remainder of most of that fight I really thought Silva was in deep shit. Even after his amazing 11th hour win I was convinced Sonnen was Silva's cryptonite until it was revealed that Sonnen had taken high levels of PED for the fight. Silva proved it was the testosterone that enabled Chael to do well for their first encounter in the second fight, imo.

I'm not shy about admitting my favorite fighters are starting to lose their gusto, I'm not that type of 'nuthugger.' Its not even worth mention cuz of the roid thing but Steroid Chael had Silva in a ton of trouble, Weidman simply had the strong will and took an opportunity to capitalize on Anderson's taunting (and good for him, he would have been stupid not to.)

The real question is what would Silva/Weidman I had looked like if Silva hadn't let his adrenaline override his better judgement? We can all sit here on the interwabz and debate in true keyboard warrior fashion every minute of every day leading up to December 28th about why Anderson started clowning. Thats one thing but if Weidman and Longo aren't asking themselves this question like their post fight interviews seem to indicate, Chris will lose that belt come December.
8/6/13 12:32 PM
yellow wrkahlc is dead
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ip Man 81 -
yellow wrkahlc is dead -

No he's not, because its not "his" belt. I thought we discussed this was a given?

Pretty sure it became his belt when he slept Andy with a punch.

Watch fights. Phone Post 3.0
8/6/13 12:33 PM
zedlepln
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

See round 2 in the rematch with Shale. He will sit down and initiate more of the striking.

8/6/13 12:57 PM
ViciousCesar
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Knees and Elbows in the second round.
8/6/13 1:20 PM
PatrickVilone

Anderson will outstrike him. Defend the TDs for most of the fight. Chris is an excellent wrestler so I'm sure he will get him to the ground at least once.

I just hope Anderson doesn't decide to eat the punches and actually blocks them.

Anderson should give us at least one more amazing performance before he wisps away into old age.

And I honestly think this one is it. I'm expecting to see a no BS and best Silva ever. Phone Post
8/6/13 3:18 PM
Ip Man 81

yellow wrkahlc is dead -
Ip Man 81 -
yellow wrkahlc is dead -

Pretty sure it became his belt when he slept Andy with a punch.

Watch fights. Phone Post 3.0
Pretty sure it's not. Same situation as GSP/Serra. Was never Serra's belt Phone Post 3.0
8/6/13 4:02 PM
Shoryuken Rw

Worst

Poster

Ever. Phone Post 3.0
8/6/13 4:07 PM
epwar
605 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He won't win.  Anderson has decided he will let Chris submit him this time.

8/6/13 4:49 PM
Theflesh22
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Idk but it's going to be one scary Anderson that night. Phone Post
8/6/13 5:49 PM
Ip Man 81

Anderson via flying elbow Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.