UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Ryan "the real deal" Ford 5 Straight W's

8/6/13 9:06 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Herman Munster
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Now at 21-4, 5 straight W's, most recently RNC former beloved TUF star Mike Hill.   Ford made the move to Tristar within the last year and a half to two years, and has quietly gone about getting his career moving forward, gaining momentum, and perhaps closer to being worthy of a chance to fight in the UFC.  In the past he has been shunned by the mma community, but I think it's time to get over it, and recognize the positive steps hes taken in his career, and with another solid W, he should be on the UFC's radar and rewarded with a chance to fight in the UFC.

8/6/13 9:13 AM
letsgobois

His positive steps won't help him cross the border. I don't think USA treads lightly on someone who was involved in home invasion.

On Jan. 6, 2003, Ford and two other men drove to an Abbotsford, British Columbia home and threatened a man at gunpoint. While Ford cut two of the man's fingers nearly off, the man's wife was assaulted as she tried to call 911. The victims two children aged 10 & 6 were present during the home invasion. Ford pled guilty to several offences stemming from the home invasion and served a four year prison sentence.
8/6/13 9:21 AM
Herman Munster

Edited: 08/06/13 9:22 AM

Its up to the justice system to administer justice not the mma community.  There is more than enough Canadian cards he could find a place on.  UFC reserves use of  certain Canadains for primarily Canadian only events.  The boarder crossing issue shouldn't be a problem.  It's seems he's come a far way from 2003 and has kept his nose clean.  Tristar doesnt let trouble causers into their gym, and current UFC poor role models like Jeremy Stephens are far from the upstanding image UFC wants to promote to the children but remain in the organization.

8/6/13 9:37 AM
glasscasket
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryan Ford should never be allowed in the UFC.

"It seems he's come a far way from 2003"

So he hasn't pulled anymore home invasions? That's sweet of him. That was only 10 years ago and the fact that two young children were present and he continued what he was doing is disgusting.
8/6/13 9:55 AM
Devlin
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if daley isnt allowed in the ufc for his actions ford shouldnt be allowed to either.

I am a fan though, guys a beast. Phone Post
8/6/13 9:58 AM
Herman Munster

Edited: 08/06/13 9:59 AM
mma interpreter -  Herman, you are one funny motherfucking fake TriStar fanboy, I'll give you that :) Phone Post

It's easy to hold on to these past horrific actions, but the reality is a camp like Tristar doesn't let just anyone train there. If you are a problem case who has the potential to bring any kind of cancerous or toxic elements to the camp, you wont be welcome there.  If they can get over it, and people like Rory have no problems sparring with the Real Deal for their camps, I don't really see why it's necessary for the rest of the MMA community to play the moralistic crusaders on this subject any longer.  Mma is not for choir boys.  Had Ryan found mma earlier in his life he probably wouldn't have found himself in the position of feeling the necessary gangster lifestyle peer pressure to cut off someone's fingers.  Bring Ryan "reformed" Ford to the UFC.

8/6/13 10:00 AM
BeatonHauff
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck that guy. So what he strung together 5 mediocre wins, good look getting into the states. Phone Post
8/6/13 10:12 AM
11the11s

Fuck that, insta no watch if he gets signed.
8/6/13 10:32 AM
EckY
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No chance the US gives him a work visa, literally none.
8/6/13 10:37 AM
da Vinci 81
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's plenty of other fighters who haven't committed violent crimes that deserve a shit before ford. Phone Post 3.0
8/6/13 10:38 AM
da Vinci 81
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*shot Phone Post 3.0
8/6/13 10:40 AM
Ray Elbe
204 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

David Hullett needs a UFC shot Phone Post 3.0
8/6/13 11:07 AM
WhoShotYushinOkami
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im all for second chances so at this point I could care less whether Ford gets a UFC shot.

But society, MMA fans or not, do not want to put money into the pockets of people who have committed violent crimes such as home invasions, assaulting females, and threatening children.

Seriously, does this even need to be explained???

His crimes are public knowledge so there doesnt even need to be an investigation done by the UFC here like the German fighter they just signed with alleged nazi beliefs.

Right off the bat, we know Ford cant fight in the US or England. So you cant call on him for any of those shows or even a late replacement.

And if signed, once news of his crimes hit mainstream sports media (I mean going outside the MMA lines), I highly doubt many Canadians will want to support him either.

You cant stick him on commentary or MMA shows like people such as Hominick, Stout, or Sean Pierson are on TSN or the Score here in Canada.

And no mainstream sponsor worth a damn can touch him either.

So now you have a guy who you cant build up, cant travel to 2 of your preffered markets, has tattoos that still represent a thug culture that people dislike, and has a past that you KNOW will rub people the wrong way.

Theres no way Dana can stand at a podium, tell everyone to just ignore all of that because hes really really good, and still keep a straight face.

8/6/13 11:16 AM
EtownGGod
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's allowed in the states now, a work permit is a whole different thing though. Doesn't mean he can't be put on a Canadian show.

The guy does make a killing doing the local shows in Edmonton, he gets his own area to sell gear and damn near half the crowd is wearing some of his stuff. The show does have a different energy when he fights, I almost feel uneasy because of some of the characters there when he fights compared to when he doesn't.

My opinion is, I'm a fan of him in the cage, and what happens outside of it doesn't really matter to me and really doesn't take away or add to his fighting skills. Phone Post 3.0
8/6/13 11:36 AM
RearNakedToke
201 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds like he better patch things up with Mark Pavelich. The only time I ever even heard of Ryan Ford was in the MFC. Phone Post 3.0
8/6/13 11:48 AM
caposa
1557 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He will never fight in the US. Never gonna happen.

This was a pretty nice KO though..

8/6/13 11:52 AM
JoeMimic
559 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pat Healy :-) Phone Post
8/6/13 12:10 PM
fundafighterrob
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryan not only trains at tristar but also stays at the dorms and it has become a home away from home. His past is definitely something that won't be overcome in a day. Having gotten to know him over the last few years I am proud to call him a friend. He puts on an exciting show and always puts on for the crowd. UFC or not he has a solid career in mma Phone Post 3.0
8/6/13 12:21 PM
bispingpokedmybrowneye
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rampage almost killed plenty of people raging through beach streets 8n a monster truck and its all good for him to main event after main event, Mayhrm smashed through his girls door but hes all good, leonard garcia traffics drugs...all good. But Fords home invasion 10 years ago is too much?

Get reao, guys. Phone Post
8/6/13 12:26 PM
caposa
1557 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/06/13 12:36 PM
bispingpokedmybrowneye -  Rampage almost killed plenty of people raging through beach streets 8n a monster truck and its all good for him to main event after main event, Mayhrm smashed through his girls door but hes all good, leonard garcia traffics drugs...all good. But Fords home invasion 10 years ago is too much?

Get reao, guys. Phone Post

Home invasion. Cutting off fingers. In front of children.

Let's not compare this to smashing a door or drug charges. Rampage's meltdown doesn't compare either.

Telling people to "get over it" or "get real" isn't exactly going to help your argument.

8/6/13 12:39 PM
brando12
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If it happened ten years ago is he not eligible for a waiver? Does he have any other convictions? Phone Post 3.0
8/6/13 12:42 PM
yellow wrkahlc is dead
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fundafighterrob - Ryan not only trains at tristar but also stays at the dorms and it has become a home away from home. His past is definitely something that won't be overcome in a day. Having gotten to know him over the last few years I am proud to call him a friend. He puts on an exciting show and always puts on for the crowd. UFC or not he has a solid career in mma Phone Post 3.0
Damn right.

He made a mistake ten year ago, and has stayed out of trouble since. Give the man a fucking break.

You're all so quick to pull out your pitchforks when you know damn well you wouldn't want something from your past limiting your future, ESPECIALLY if you've worked very hard to better yourself since. Phone Post 3.0
8/6/13 12:49 PM
Devlin
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow wrkahlc is dead -
fundafighterrob - Ryan not only trains at tristar but also stays at the dorms and it has become a home away from home. His past is definitely something that won't be overcome in a day. Having gotten to know him over the last few years I am proud to call him a friend. He puts on an exciting show and always puts on for the crowd. UFC or not he has a solid career in mma Phone Post 3.0
Damn right.

He made a mistake ten year ago, and has stayed out of trouble since. Give the man a fucking break.

You're all so quick to pull out your pitchforks when you know damn well you wouldn't want something from your past limiting your future, ESPECIALLY if you've worked very hard to better yourself since. Phone Post 3.0
Faur point, but i didnt cut off a mans fingers in front of his kids. Phone Post
8/6/13 12:52 PM
yellow wrkahlc is dead
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Devlin -
yellow wrkahlc is dead -
Damn right.

Faur point, but i didnt cut off a mans fingers in front of his kids. Phone Post
Well...I did. Phone Post 3.0
8/6/13 1:03 PM
WhoShotYushinOkami
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yellow wrkahlc is dead - 
Damn right.

You are either underestimating or forgetting that the UFC is really trying their best to be PC now.

Now you get fined for making fag comments or saying its BS that a tranny gets to beat the shit out of women.

Its easy to say "well everyone makes mistakes so he should be given a second chance".

Not so easy when the career he has chosen requires a large audience and media outlets to be accepting of you as both a fighter and a person.

The UFC is running a business plain and simple and it isnt prudent to piss off large masses of potential fans or gain a ton of negative press over a fighter who has pretty much shown that hes not ever going to be champion.

And your right I wouldnt want something from 10 years ago limiting my future.

But thats why people are discouraged from committing home invasions, assaulting females and threatening children. Its a crime that no matter what you do going forward, its probably always going to live with you!

It also doesnt help that hes completely covered in tattoos and still has a thug persona attached to him. That doesnt really instill the belief that hes a changed man even if he is.

Personally I dont buy UFC shows or merchandise, so like I said earlier, I could give 2 shits whether they give him a shot.

But I cant imagine why he would be deserving of a shot over guys who come to the plate with absolutely no baggage!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.