UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> 'Rampage' Jackson: UFC is messing up MMA

8/6/13 9:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
12SixElbow
617 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/06/13 9:09 PM

Yeah, I agree with you.

I wasn't really trying to defend Bellator (Or Zuffa for that matter). I just think it silly to paint Bellator as a bad guy, when court and contracts are just part of sports in general. Fighters should REALLY be careful about what they sign, and what they sign up for.

MMA is no different than any other sport, MONEY will come first. People second.

8/6/13 9:14 PM
UGK4Life
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bellator puts on awesome fights. The sport was so much more fun when there were other major promotions putting on shows.

Cindy O and the rest of the Zuffa Zombies are brain washed clowns.

War Tito 2013!
8/6/13 10:08 PM
Jetlife
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bad taste in his mouth? He musta been to mihows gnc Phone Post 3.0
8/6/13 10:21 PM
armbarheelhook
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

While i am tired of all the back n forth jibbing and smack talk between all of them...

It seems all of them still hold grudges..

And I would someday like to know why it seems like Dana is holding a grudge over Pat Militech and Frank Shamrock for some reason.

Due to the fact that we still have yet to see
these legendary fighters who helped in the progression of MMA and the UFC org, yet they are still not inducted into the UFC HOF.

Last I checked, just about everyone on the UG and in the MMA community think its a travesty that these two are not in the UFC HOF. And it is the UFC HOF right..? MMA fighters and figureheads that contributed and or accomplished great things in order for the UFC to be where it is today in the world of MMA. Not the Dana HOF..?

So if Dana doesn't have a grudge against these two, then I and many many more fans/fighters would like to know reasoning behind this decision. Phone Post
8/6/13 10:22 PM
Nuevo Haole
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WFA....we takin ova!!!!

8/6/13 10:29 PM
Lynchman
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Regarding Shamrock.

Frank is the one that has a problem. Years back, the UFC reached out to Frank and Frank responded, on Youtube, by offereing a fight against Dana. Nobody is going to be put into the UFC HoF that A) Won't attend and B) Will use it to attack the company.

After Jackson's last fight, I said I hoped he would move on and start enjoying life. I am sick of hearing him complain. He has complained about former employers (UFC, Pride and WFA), sponsors, Hollywood, fans, opponents and the media. Time for Jackson to start looking forward and stop being negative. Jackson even bitched about Tito's signing preventing the RJJ fight.
8/6/13 11:03 PM
jonnierockets20
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They are fighters, not politics. They are not employee'd to control the minds of the social media. I know this is the UG and that's what is done here, but people act like these guys are going to give a Nobel piece prize speech at every interview. What else do you expect from guys who have been banging their heads on the ground since they were 18 or younger. Critics will always be, that's what makes this place special.
8/6/13 11:06 PM
choadler
177 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Page should worry about himself. He should worry about his next fight. Dude gets caught up in his own head.

8/6/13 11:06 PM
temujen
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leghound -

The world these days...I thought I'd never see the day where someone talks shit about someone who bailed them out after they committed vehicular homicie and went on a police chase.

Just for that alone, he should keep any negative opinions to himself Phone Post
8/6/13 11:12 PM
MMAzombie

He's right
So many ppv's that they now have to water down the cards asking fans to not illegal stream fights but putting cards together that aren't worth 60$

If Brllator grows and does 4-6 PPV's a year the rest on Spike they will change the sport

I'm willing to give them a shot I hope more of us fans do the same Phone Post 3.0
8/6/13 11:19 PM
Tyson MMA

Fact... Bellator is taking good care of Rampage financially... And is sitting in a good place knowing win or loss Bjorn, Spike and Bellator are standing behind him Phone Post 3.0
8/6/13 11:22 PM
Zaph
135 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BTT-RyannVonDoom -
ranier wolfcastle -

but they have great lawyers

Rampage Jackson Arrested-Pics

http://photos.tmz.com/galleries/rampage_arrested

mtrip is offline Reply With Quote

Lol they watermarked those pictures. Thy stole them from sherdog.. Kid posted them on there about how rampage was getting arrested outside his house. What fucking cunts. Phone Post 3.0
From what I remember, the guy took his pics down because he had sold the rights. I think it was to them, but I'm not 100% sure about that part. Phone Post
8/6/13 11:39 PM
Ryan Black
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let Rampage do Rampage, I say...

All this back-and forth does absolutely nothing for us, the fans of the sport.

As a long-time Rampage fan, I wish him the best- and hope his deal works out with Bellator & Bjorn. I'm ready to see some oldschool Slampage shenanigans and brutal knockouts. Like I said- just my opinion, but I wish him the best and can't wait to see his performances in Bellator.

Same goes for Tito. I hope we see the good ol' fashioned 3 round Ground n' Pound that Tito built his name on. If Bjorn emits this aura of positive energy, I hope it manifests in their performances at this pay-per-view.

As for the Eddie Alvarez situation- I agree that Bellator handled that quite poorly. I hope he redeems himself and they pay that man what he deserves for the time he's spent mutilating his body for our sport within their promotion.

As far as fighters on Dana's bad side- there seems to be quite a few unanswered questions as far as I'm concerned, that i'd certainly like to hear the answers to. Time will tell- but at the end of the day- these guys are either legends of the sport or promising prospects, and they deserve every penny they can make and then some.

I just really wish this would all turn out positively for all parties involved. I enjoy both promotions, and Bellator being elevated to a higher-level of competition certainly isn't a bad thing- it should create fantastic competition and better cards for us all in the end. As a 'glass-half-full' type of guy- I wish them all the best.

Just my two cents on the matter. Thank you for reading. Phone Post
8/6/13 11:42 PM
Tyson MMA

Ryan Black.... Voted you up! Phone Post 3.0
8/6/13 11:49 PM
Ryan Black
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks Tyson! Much appreciated as always. And thanks again for reading. Phone Post
8/6/13 11:58 PM
Tyson MMA

Lol... Who said he ever had it together mentally... The guy is an animal... Put meat in front of him and see what happens Phone Post 3.0
8/7/13 2:36 AM
SmackyBear
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the geek - 
12SixElbow - 
the geek - 
12SixElbow -
RicGillespie - 
12SixElbow - 
JoeHurley -  Ask Eddie Alvarez what happens when you get on Bjorn's bad side. And you didnt see Dana mess with Rampage when he wanted out. I see Rampage doing a LOT of complaining about Dana and the UFC but dont hear Dana complaining about him. Phone Post

White noted that "Rampage," just like Fitch, was "full of s--t."

"Rampage Jackson is a guy that doesn’t always make the best decisions.” - DW

“We’ve gone to bat for him many times. I feel like f*ckin’ Jeter when it comes to Rampage.”

"If he doesn't want to be with us, the feeling is mutual"

etc...

Rampage is being asked questions, he answers them.

You bring up Eddie, ask Randy Couture how quick you end up in court when you want to leave the UFC and fight Fedor.... Zuffa has had a fair share of court proceedings with fighters.... this is the nature of business.

You do know that Couture sued the UFC, yes? Not the other way around....

My point wasn't who took who to court, it was that the UFC didn't let Randy leave, Bellator isn't letting Eddie leave. The UFC isn't some company you can walk away from anytime you want, just as Bellator isn't.

That being said.

1. Zuffa LLC, the parent company of Ultimate Fighting Championship, has filed a lawsuit against Randy Couture, the heavyweight champion who retired last year and accused UFC of mistreating him.

The lawsuit, which has been obtained by TMZ (PDF), accuses Couture of conspiracy and says, "Couture devised and began implementing a tortious scheme and artifice whereby he and others acting on his behalf would fabricate a false and fictitious history of events in which Couture was purportedly lied to and otherwise personally abused."

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Handy have a fight left in his contract where as Eddie's contract is complete?

If so that's a big difference. Phone Post 3.0

I'm not sure, I'm no layer.

I know he was "retired"

and there was a no complete clause, or something?

The lawsuit, which has been obtained by TMZ (PDF), accuses Couture of conspiracy and says, "Couture devised and began implementing a tortious scheme and artifice whereby he and others acting on his behalf would fabricate a false and fictitious history of events in which Couture was purportedly lied to and otherwise personally abused."

I hear you, it's been a while so my memory is s bit foggy as well. I think Handy had 1 fight left on his contract and retired to focus on acting and such.

I think the contact contained both an amount of fights and timeline, for example "8 fights between Dec 2008 - Dec 2011" and Handy was claiming that the contract had expired even though he had not completed all he fights required allowing him to now fight in other organizations.

I think they settled out of court but renewing Handy's contract for more money.

The Eddie contract is different. He completed all the contracted fights and was looking to sign with another organization (UFC). I believe that there was a matching clause and Bellator claims they have matched the offered contract 100%.

Very different situations so comparing isn't really fair. One fighter completed his contract and the other hadn't.

Edit... but you are 100% correct. Court proceedings are absolutely part of most major corporations and sports, not just Bellator or the UFC.

It was awhile ago and complicated. A relatively short summary:

Couture had two fights and nine months left on his promotional contract (i.e. fight contract) and was also employed by the UFC as an analyst/commentator.

He faxed a letter saying that he resigned as both an employee and fighter. He said he'd wait out the remaining nine months on his contract so he could be a free agent.

Zuffa took his resignation from his fight contract as a retirement, and said that they were ready, willing, and able to promote him if he came out of retirement. There is a clause in Zuffa's fight contracts that if you retired or otherwise were unwilling or unable to fulfill your contract, they can freeze the clock on your contract, or even accelerate your contract and consider it filled. They chose to pause it.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Update-Couture-Talks-UFC-Resignation-9455

http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/Inside-the-Standard-Zuffa-Contract-9734

Months after the resignation, Zuffa sued Couture in Nevada over statements he made and his employment contract (it had a 12 month no compete clause) because of his involvement in the IFL.

Later, HDNET sues Zuffa (and technically Couture, though in reality it was for Couture) in Texas for a ruling on when his promotional contract expires.

Zuffa gets the upper hand in both the legal cases. They entered arbitration and eventually come to a new agreement.
8/7/13 4:11 AM
Teddy KGB

Im really not sure why people on here get so annoyed when Rampage talks shit about the UFC, Im more interested in his opinion than any of you cunts.
8/7/13 4:59 AM
time traveling 12er
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SmackyBear - 
the geek - 
12SixElbow - 
the geek - 
12SixElbow -
RicGillespie - 
12SixElbow - 
JoeHurley -  Ask Eddie Alvarez what happens when you get on Bjorn's bad side. And you didnt see Dana mess with Rampage when he wanted out. I see Rampage doing a LOT of complaining about Dana and the UFC but dont hear Dana complaining about him. Phone Post

“We’ve gone to bat for him many times. I feel like f*ckin’ Jeter when it comes to Rampage.”

etc...

You bring up Eddie, ask Randy Couture how quick you end up in court when you want to leave the UFC and fight Fedor.... Zuffa has had a fair share of court proceedings with fighters.... this is the nature of business.

My point wasn't who took who to court, it was that the UFC didn't let Randy leave, Bellator isn't letting Eddie leave. The UFC isn't some company you can walk away from anytime you want, just as Bellator isn't.

That being said.

1. Zuffa LLC, the parent company of Ultimate Fighting Championship, has filed a lawsuit against Randy Couture, the heavyweight champion who retired last year and accused UFC of mistreating him.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Handy have a fight left in his contract where as Eddie's contract is complete?

I know he was "retired"

I hear you, it's been a while so my memory is s bit foggy as well. I think Handy had 1 fight left on his contract and retired to focus on acting and such.

I think the contact contained both an amount of fights and timeline, for example "8 fights between Dec 2008 - Dec 2011" and Handy was claiming that the contract had expired even though he had not completed all he fights required allowing him to now fight in other organizations.

The Eddie contract is different. He completed all the contracted fights and was looking to sign with another organization (UFC). I believe that there was a matching clause and Bellator claims they have matched the offered contract 100%.

Very different situations so comparing isn't really fair. One fighter completed his contract and the other hadn't.

Edit... but you are 100% correct. Court proceedings are absolutely part of most major corporations and sports, not just Bellator or the UFC.

Couture had two fights and nine months left on his promotional contract (i.e. fight contract) and was also employed by the UFC as an analyst/commentator.

He faxed a letter saying that he resigned as both an employee and fighter. He said he'd wait out the remaining nine months on his contract so he could be a free agent.

Zuffa took his resignation from his fight contract as a retirement, and said that they were ready, willing, and able to promote him if he came out of retirement. There is a clause in Zuffa's fight contracts that if you retired or otherwise were unwilling or unable to fulfill your contract, they can freeze the clock on your contract, or even accelerate your contract and consider it filled. They chose to pause it.

Months after the resignation, Zuffa sued Couture in Nevada over statements he made and his employment contract (it had a 12 month no compete clause) because of his involvement in the IFL.

Later, HDNET sues Zuffa (and technically Couture, though in reality it was for Couture) in Texas for a ruling on when his promotional contract expires.

Zuffa gets the upper hand in both the legal cases. They entered arbitration and eventually come to a new agreement.

IIRC the reason Zuffa got the upper hand was because it turned out Randy lied through his teeth on many of the important details. Which was incredibly stupid because he must have known the money he was paid was going to be checked.
8/7/13 6:41 AM
time traveling 12er
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BengalWACO - More competition is better for the fans, fighters of MMA.

Yeah more competition is better, but for the fighters you're looking at the wrong place. It's not better for MMA orgs to try to take each other down and hold each other back. The real beneficial competition is when major networks are competing for tv rights to MMA. Every sports entity is salivating for the money from tv rights. The problem with Bellator is that they'll never get that money since they're already owned by a network. Viacom isn't going to pay itself a billion dollars to air something it owns. There's no competition unless it gets sold. Bellator likely is a dead end for the sport unless there's some other revenue stream that people haven't used yet. PPV is fading, which is why the push to get on the networks and make real sports league money.
8/7/13 11:38 AM
goldenboyart

Teddy KGB - Im really not sure why people on here get so annoyed when Rampage talks shit about the UFC, Im more interested in his opinion than any of you cunts.

HMMM, well I guess that makes you the BIGGEST DouchBag on the UG then. hahaha
8/7/13 2:04 PM
the geek
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

time traveling 12er -
SmackyBear - 
the geek - 
12SixElbow - 
the geek - 
12SixElbow -
RicGillespie - 
12SixElbow - 

etc...

That being said.

I know he was "retired"

IIRC the reason Zuffa got the upper hand was because it turned out Randy lied through his teeth on many of the important details. Which was incredibly stupid because he must have known the money he was paid was going to be checked.
Thanks for the clarifications fellas. Phone Post 3.0
8/7/13 5:42 PM
time traveling 12er

KingofBJJ - 

Rampage telling it like it is.  Not that he is alone more and more current and former UFC fighters have been expressing their disdain with the organization.

Having two guys who were among the top draws in PPV for the UFC in their camp, will likely start to siphon off others who are feeling slighted by Zuffa.

White and his nuthugging fan base and Kevin Iole have been working the internet blogs trying to tear down Bellator's attempt at PPV.

These are the same nutcases who are on here whining about MMA not being as big as boxing or being taken seriously as a sport, yet when given the opportunity to promote a non-UFC promotion, they quickly denounce them and any former UFC fighters joining them.

The organizations need to help each other.  Even the NFL had merge with the other two confererence to make it. Now look at their payroll.

How would Bellator siphon off fighters when they are worse in regards to the things that the fighters have been complaining about? They pay less, they have more restrictive likeness contracts, they don't have insurance, their tournament leaves fighters no options in matchmaking, ect.

The things that are better in Bellator, like being able to fight in other orgs, Bjorns sparkly eyes, ect. aren't things the fighters are really complaining about publicly.

Also all the thing that's tearing down the Bellator PPV is reality. There isn't some grand conspiracy. If the UFC put together Tito vs. Rampage as the main event for their biggest card of the year people like you probably would have thrown a fit.

Also for people wanting MMA to be taken seriously, why the fuck would they support an org that's trying to blend it with pro wrestling?
8/7/13 7:08 PM
ryanisagarrett
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His bref stank Phone Post
8/7/13 7:22 PM
Oontyex

I'm not following , how exactly does rampage think the UFC is bad for Mma? Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.