UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> How to cook hot dogs like a goddamn boss

8/9/13 5:16 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
12SixElbow
624 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Really trying to bring up my man cooking skills. Before this year I could really only do mac n cheese and cereal. Been doing a lot of BBQ, and following a lot of online blogs and recipes. Thought this was cool.

What would happen if a passionate baseball fan Messy, slightly weird but probably delicious and so simple it's amazing that you've never thought of it before.

Get the recipe

Creepy phalic undertones of the picture aside, this sounds amazing. Jersey-style pizza bread, topped with the standard spicey dog and fingerling potatoes and chives. It's like a sausagey carb-attack straight to the stomach.

Get the recipe

One massive hotdog, wrapped in bacon just like your Mum does at Christmas topped with sour cream and avocado. Pop fact, avocado are actually, despite being green, highly calorofic. Which means that you don't have to worry about how bad the sausage and bacon massage probably is for you.

Get the recipe

Bold, smokey and more hypnotising than Lana Del Rey's lips. Potentially as good as a gourmet hot dog is ever going to get. Throw on some chilli if you want to go full-on badass with it.

Get the recipe

Our favourite on the whole list and it's not even proper sausage. It is jerky, zingy brilliance in a bun though. Do it. Do it now.

Get the recipe

8/9/13 5:19 AM
tornadochoke
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like to boil em and put deli mustard and onions on it. Phone Post
8/9/13 5:20 AM
12SixElbow
624 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bonerfart -  In for recipes.

I too am a Kraft dinner chef looking to expand my culinary horizons. Phone Post

I figure the closer I get to the 30 the dumber I look with only box food in my house.

8/9/13 5:27 AM
morientesfan910
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

v Phone Post
8/9/13 5:31 AM
Theflesh22
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bah gawd Phone Post
8/9/13 5:35 AM
gage949
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post 3.0
8/9/13 5:38 AM
Outlaw'd by Lytle
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They all look awesome!! :) Phone Post 3.0
8/9/13 5:45 AM
sourcheese
261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn Phone Post
8/9/13 6:00 AM
fahker
539 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great thread. In.
8/9/13 6:01 AM
fahker
539 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

XIITT_Bozy -  The Jersey style one with potatoes looks amazing! Phone Post

this.
8/9/13 6:28 AM
Rusty Shackleford
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
8/9/13 6:29 AM
dannyapodaca
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

N Phone Post
8/9/13 6:54 AM
Dhalsim
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post 3.0
8/9/13 7:20 AM
Mind's Eye
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*Homer Simpson "Mmmmmmmm"*
8/9/13 7:22 AM
mma trane
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for first hot dog. Looks delicious
8/9/13 7:28 AM
mudbone
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was a boiler for a long time. Then someone showed me a technique I hadn't seen before.

Take a frying pain and fill it about 1/2" with water. Get the water to boil, then put the hot dogs in. As they cook, the water will evaporate. Once the water is gone, the dog will brown up very nicely - just lower the heat and turn them frequently.

Awesome.
8/9/13 7:30 AM
OkStateGrappla
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hot dog with deli/spicy mustard and cream cheese *LAAAAAAAWWWWWLLLLL* Phone Post 3.0
8/9/13 7:36 AM
MakeMeBleed
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

8/9/13 7:52 AM
FirstScratch
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love Chicago dogs, but often inquire myself as to why I would waste so much time preparing a hot dog that would have been almost as tasty topped only with mustard. Especially since after the first bite the toppings fall all over the fuckin place leaving me with a bare hotdog and an awkward salad on my plate. Phone Post
8/9/13 7:54 AM
Arglebargle
349 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in
8/9/13 8:00 AM
Ramon Maroni

IN
8/9/13 3:45 PM
12SixElbow

mudbone - I was a boiler for a long time. Then someone showed me a technique I hadn't seen before.

Take a frying pain and fill it about 1/2" with water. Get the water to boil, then put the hot dogs in. As they cook, the water will evaporate. Once the water is gone, the dog will brown up very nicely - just lower the heat and turn them frequently.

Awesome.

trying today

8/9/13 5:42 PM
Outlaw'd by Lytle

mudbone - I was a boiler for a long time. Then someone showed me a technique I hadn't seen before.

Awesome.
Are you the missing link? Phone Post 3.0
8/9/13 5:45 PM
dennisv
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I top them with hoison, pineapple and green onions. Awesome!

8/9/13 5:47 PM
AristidesBrito
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.