UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> No gi grading

9/7/13 12:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Animal Mother
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No, I'm saying you don't have to be FAR more experienced. You don't have to be a black belt to win a grip fight with a purple.
9/7/13 7:25 PM
Tomato Can
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Animal Mother - This isn't even worth debating really. Like I said, you should ask Marcelo his opinion. Phone Post 3.0

You're absolutely right it's not worth debating, because your opinion is insanely wrong. The idea that it is commonplace for a grappler to win the grip battle with a man of equal skill/experience and superior size/strength is just ludicrous and not borne out by reality.

But yea, I'm sure Gabi Garcia was able to comically ragdoll Nyjah Easton with a collar grip solely due to her superior technique.
9/8/13 1:12 AM
Animal Mother
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The fact that that's how you responded shoes you're having a hard time following along. Just ask Marcelo like I said, but I'm sure you know more about grip fighting than he does. Phone Post 3.0
9/8/13 1:12 AM
Animal Mother

*shows Phone Post 3.0
9/8/13 9:47 AM
Tomato Can
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not wasting Marcelo's time with such a trivial and obvious matter. I am satisfied with my own 12 years of experience along with the other experienced lower weight grapplers I've trained with over the years, just about all of whom agree with me.
9/11/13 11:25 PM
Tap21
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like how every year since about 4 or 5 years ago these threads have gotten more and more no-gi friendly.
9/12/13 9:35 AM
A_Butler
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

green_machine -
Session -
green_machine - A lot of people that live in cities don't own a vehicle or don't drive it to class. I'd find it annoying to haul my gi and belt with me and not use them. And then have to put my drenched no-gi gear into my bag with a clean gi then go home and wash them all. Phone Post 3.0

Most Gi's come with a seperate bag. Not putting your wet gear in a seperate bag before it goes in the gear bag is gross by itself.
I can't put my dirty gear in the same bag and clean it later? I have to carry around two bags now? My point was having to lug around a gi every day that I might not even use would drive me crazy. Phone Post 3.0
Grocery bags are free. Out your dirty clothes in there. Also, lug around a gi? Most gis weigh between 2-4 lbs. I don't think that weight could be considered heavy enough to describe as lugging. Gym bag, shorts, t shirt, grocery bag, gi. Doesn't seem like a big deal to me. That and it probably takes all of 5 minutes to pack a gym bag. Hardly a time consuming ordeal. Just my thoughts on the whole packing for training deal. Phone Post 3.0
9/12/13 10:40 AM
Animal Mother

A_Butler -
green_machine -
Session -
green_machine - A lot of people that live in cities don't own a vehicle or don't drive it to class. I'd find it annoying to haul my gi and belt with me and not use them. And then have to put my drenched no-gi gear into my bag with a clean gi then go home and wash them all. Phone Post 3.0

Most Gi's come with a seperate bag. Not putting your wet gear in a seperate bag before it goes in the gear bag is gross by itself.
I can't put my dirty gear in the same bag and clean it later? I have to carry around two bags now? My point was having to lug around a gi every day that I might not even use would drive me crazy. Phone Post 3.0
Grocery bags are free. Out your dirty clothes in there. Also, lug around a gi? Most gis weigh between 2-4 lbs. I don't think that weight could be considered heavy enough to describe as lugging. Gym bag, shorts, t shirt, grocery bag, gi. Doesn't seem like a big deal to me. That and it probably takes all of 5 minutes to pack a gym bag. Hardly a time consuming ordeal. Just my thoughts on the whole packing for training deal. Phone Post 3.0
It's 2013, we have the technology to solve this problem. Many companies sell backpacks with different compartments. You don't need a separate dirty gi bag. Lol Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.