UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Alvarez settles, meets Chandler at PPV

8/13/13 9:07 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
bearockbrobama
199 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Former Bellator MMA lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez 's contract dispute is over, and he's returning to the California-based promotion to face the man who took his title.

The rematch with reigning titleholder Michael Chandler will serve as the co-main event of Bellator's first-ever pay-per-view offering, Bellator 106, which takes place Nov. 2 at California's Long Beach Arena. Former UFC champs Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Tito Ortiz clash in the headliner.

My body is ready Phone Post
8/13/13 9:08 AM
bearockbrobama
199 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry if posted, I see some vague titles Phone Post
8/13/13 9:09 AM
ThatKickDidntHuroooohhhhhhhh
450 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome.

8/13/13 9:10 AM
goocher
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would rather see him in the UFC but at least he's getting paid.
8/13/13 9:13 AM
Pancake Syrup Ali
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so if Alvarez loses again then what? Put him in the tourny again and again until he finally beats Chandler?

8/13/13 9:15 AM
GrayKickass
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck yeah! Phone Post
8/13/13 9:16 AM
Stea1th
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At least he's going to get paid Phone Post 3.0
8/13/13 9:17 AM
RicGillespie

Pancake Syrup Ali - 

so if Alvarez loses again then what? Put him in the tourny again and again until he finally beats Chandler?

Yeah it does seem like he is in an incredibly bad spot if he loses. Can they even afford to pay him now to be a tournament fighter? Good for him collecting a paycheck again though... probably getting tough on the finances to be sitting out so long.
8/13/13 9:17 AM
Steve4192
213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome news. At this point, I just want to see Eddie fighting again.

That said, LOL at Bellator's "where title shots are earned not given" malarkey being put out to pasture.
8/13/13 9:20 AM
bearockbrobama

I don't see anything about it being a title figjt Phone Post
8/13/13 9:22 AM
Dongbar
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So what if the Bellator PPV only does 30K buys? Doesn't that mean they couldn't meet the financials of the UFC in terms of buy rate points?

IMO this is only going to hurt Bellator in terms of negotiations with fighters Zuffa wants. Phone Post 3.0
8/13/13 9:23 AM
Leck Brosnar

Alvarez is in a tough situation, I don't think he will ever beat Chandler, Chandler is too good. Hope Eddie gets out of his contract but would the UFC sign a guy that just lost in Bellator?
8/13/13 9:24 AM
smth416
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bellator can suck my nuts.

8/13/13 9:25 AM
bearockbrobama

Leck Brosnar - Alvarez is in a tough situation, I don't think he will ever beat Chandler, Chandler is too good. Hope Eddie gets out of his contract but would the UFC sign a guy that just lost in Bellator?
Ring rust will be a factor to IMO Phone Post
8/13/13 9:29 AM
FedorEmilioEstevez
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't believe Tito Page is headlining over this fight Phone Post 3.0
8/13/13 9:30 AM
Leck Brosnar

bearockbrobama - 
Leck Brosnar - Alvarez is in a tough situation, I don't think he will ever beat Chandler, Chandler is too good. Hope Eddie gets out of his contract but would the UFC sign a guy that just lost in Bellator?
Ring rust will be a factor to IMO Phone Post

Personally I think he could be in any shape and Chandler will finish him, he is too good in my eyes.
8/13/13 9:33 AM
k1levelstriking
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he loses he can leave, if he wins he has to stay for the trilogy according to Ariel's twitter Phone Post 3.0
Rhys91
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Apparently if Eddie loses he can walk away! Just read on Ariel Helwani's twitter. Phone Post 3.0
CrazyMikeMMA
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steve4192 - Awesome news. At this point, I just want to see Eddie fighting again.

That said, LOL at Bellator's "where title shots are earned not given" malarkey being put out to pasture.
You do know there was a widely publicized title rematch clause instituted in 2013 for Bellator, right? Phone Post
8/13/13 9:34 AM
RogansRoachClips
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

smth416 - Bellator can suck my nuts.

Hahahahaaaa Phone Post 3.0
8/13/13 9:37 AM
bearockbrobama

CrazyMikeMMA -
Steve4192 - Awesome news. At this point, I just want to see Eddie fighting again.

You do know there was a widely publicized title rematch clause instituted in 2013 for Bellator, right? Phone Post
Mike! You signed up!

Awesome dude! Phone Post
8/13/13 9:41 AM
Lynchman
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My guess is they upped the signing bonus.
8/13/13 9:41 AM
CrazyMikeMMA
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bearockbrobama -
CrazyMikeMMA -

Mike! You signed up!

Awesome dude! Phone Post
Haha yea man, i've been lurking on here for years now, reading threads and news every morning with breakfast on my phone. Figured it was long past time to jump in. Phone Post
8/13/13 9:42 AM
Tomato Can
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is this real life?
8/13/13 9:43 AM
NaciVela

I magine Eddie feels like fighting for Bellator is better the nnot fighting until after September of 2014..He beats Chandler, he has to fight the trilogy. He loses, he's free to go.

Regardless, War Eddie! Glad to finally have a return date for him!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.