UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Lauzon won't sleep on Johnson

8/13/13 9:51 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Fighters face an impossible choice. Fight safe, and no one wants to see you fight. Throw down and trade with abandon, and  everyone want to see you fight, but you can get knocked out.

Joe Lauzon fights on a razor's edge, getting as close as humanly possible to trading wildly, while keeping focused on the larger fight. He has received 12 'of the Night' performance bonuses for it. However, Lauzon is 2-2 his last four fights, and is coming off a loss against Jim Miller, at UFC 155,.

“People always tell me how exciting my last fight was, but even thought I had a good fight with Miller, but I’m still coming off of a loss,” said Lauzon. “Having an exciting fight is great, but it was still a loss.”

On Aug. 17, 'JLau' will fight TUF 12 vet Michael Johnson. Although known for his wrestling skills, last year Johnson earned a brutal second-round knockout of the durable Danny Castillo, who had been knocked out only once in his career, by Anthony Pettis.

So while Lauzon has the opportunity to shine white hot as he did vs. Gabe Ruediger at UFC 118 in his first UFC fight in Boston, he is mindful that he cannot forget what his opponent can do.

“The Castillo fight sticks out the most in my mind," said Lauzon. "Castillo rocked him and beat him up, but he slept on Johnson for a second and was hit with a big right hook that knocked him out. I don’t want that to be me.”

Read entire article...

8/13/13 9:54 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MartialArtsMixed
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He beSts not Phone Post 3.0
8/13/13 9:57 AM
Bucephalus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He better not be sleeping on anyone's johnson but his own.
8/13/13 10:26 AM
zedlepln
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

...not that there's anything wrong with that

8/13/13 10:56 AM
creepymcfinger

So many jokes Phone Post 3.0
8/13/13 1:28 PM
dannyapodaca
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haha Phone Post
8/13/13 1:48 PM
TuLegit

But he might end up sleeping under him... Phone Post 3.0
8/13/13 2:11 PM
Ram Rod
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What about "with"? Phone Post 3.0
8/13/13 2:35 PM
7/13neverForget

Jlau will get of the night and edge out silva they are tied right now for bonuses i believe Phone Post
8/13/13 5:31 PM
fightharder
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

J lau needs to take this to the ground ASAP. I see a submission victory in the makes. If he stands with Johnson it could become a little frustrating for Joe.

Still it would be a exciting fight for the us,the reasonable neutral (never can really root against J Lau, fan.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.