UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Chandler: Alvarez will need a baseball bat

8/13/13 11:05 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
913 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

With yesterday's news that Eddie Alvarez had finally reached an agreement with Bellator to return to action, champion Michael Chandler couldn't be happier to learn he'll fight Alvarez on PPV. Chandler defeated Alvarez the first time they met in an action packed fight and is super confident heading into the rematch:

"I absolutely think [I hold the striking advantage]" Chandler said. "I think Alvarez threw every single thing he had at me (in the first fight), so I think he's got that in the back of his mind. He's going to need to bring a baseball bat into that cage to get me on the ground. That's the confidence that I have.

"The speed of my hands has gotten faster. I think the power of my hands has gotten harder, has increased, and it's just the confidence that I bring into the cage. ... I'm not going to say that I hold the advantage anywhere, but I think I am the better fighter now, two years later especially."

Beaming with confidence, Chandler is aware of the pitfalls and possibility of being lulled into another back-and-forth battle against Alvarez, but ultimately a short day of work is a successful day of work, and if the fight lasts a mere 44 seconds like Chandler's most recent outing, he has absolutely no problem with that.

"I think you're going to see two even better fighters than what stepped in the cage in 2011, so it's going to be pretty exciting," he said. "There's going to be a possibility for another knockdown, drag-out (fight). But in my mind, I've gotten so much better, my goal is as every single fight: Go out there and get a quick finish."

read entire article...

8/13/13 11:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ProteinBake
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That first fight was so good.  Haters, go watch that fight, you'll dig it!

8/13/13 11:10 PM
liquidrob
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chandler has gotten better pretty much every fight of his career, Eddie is awesome put his chin has gotten him in trouble before and Chandler is just a beast who keeps coming at you

Chandler wins again
8/13/13 11:40 PM
PrettyBoy
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not just talking hit when I say these guys may very well be the best two lightweights in the world. I seriously thought Alvarez was number 1 when Chandler beat him. I can't wait for this fight. Phone Post 3.0
8/13/13 11:44 PM
cyberc92
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eddie moved to Florida to train full time with the Blackzilians so we shall see how that works out for him. He can go the way of Vitor and Rumble Johnson or the way of Guillard and the others.
8/13/13 11:48 PM
Rob San Soo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1st fight was badass, if it wasn't for shogun vs hendo there be more talk about it Phone Post 3.0
8/13/13 11:50 PM
RKing85
130 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sadly it is highly unlikely that the second fight will be as good as the first.
8/13/13 11:59 PM
Affliction Blackbelt
318 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ProteinBake - 

That first fight was so good.  Haters, go watch that fight, you'll dig it!

I was getting chills watching it last night. Surprised it isnt talked about more
8/14/13 12:09 AM
Affliction Blackbelt
318 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PrettyBoy - I'm not just talking hit when I say these guys may very well be the best two lightweights in the world. I seriously thought Alvarez was number 1 when Chandler beat him. I can't wait for this fight. Phone Post 3.0

The UFC LW is damn stacked though, so its pretty bold to say they'd be the best. Henderson, Pettis, Melendez, Grant, Thompson, Maynard, Edgar & possibly Aldo. That is a murderers row.

If I had one mma wish it would probably be to see those guys in a LW grand prix to determine the #1.
8/14/13 12:27 AM
The Last Emperor

Both of these guys need to be in the UFC.

Alvarez is still my all time favorite fighter (tied with Fedor) though. Dude puts it on the line in every fight.
8/14/13 12:29 AM
DragonDidn'tDrinkEnoughPee
568 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Affliction Blackbelt -
PrettyBoy - I'm not just talking hit when I say these guys may very well be the best two lightweights in the world. I seriously thought Alvarez was number 1 when Chandler beat him. I can't wait for this fight. Phone Post 3.0

The UFC LW is damn stacked though, so its pretty bold to say they'd be the best. Henderson, Pettis, Melendez, Grant, Thompson, Maynard, Edgar & possibly Aldo. That is a murderers row.

If I had one mma wish it would probably be to see those guys in a LW grand prix to determine the #1.
Jack Nicholson.gif Phone Post
8/14/13 12:31 AM
JROTT
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Last Emperor - Both of these guys need to be in the UFC.

Alvarez is still my all time favorite fighter (tied with Fedor) though. Dude puts it on the line in every fight.
It's kind of sad they both signed 8 fight deals w/ bellator. We'll probably never see them fight anyone on that murderers row ufc lw list Phone Post
8/14/13 12:35 AM
PrettyBoy
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Affliction Blackbelt -

Absolutely, it would be a dream. Too bad there is no co-promotion.

That's why the super six which turned out to be more like the super 8 was so bad ass in boxing. A lot of people here Don't understand that boxing had like 3 undefeated champions when that tournament started. Ward is a beast. Phone Post 3.0
8/14/13 4:29 PM
ECC170

MC is the best 55er on the planet and mite not be able 2 prove it... I love Bellator and appreciate the coverage it brings a true student of the game...But hes a etremely big SHARK in a small pond....Bibiano is the only guy even within weightclass MC could fight that mite be any bearing on his resumee then again BF is a 45er so thats the dwnside... I wonder is MC could make 45 cuz that only interesting way h he could line up fights with Patricio and Curran and be then what be a 2 Div champ then what? Shit by then he could fight his way thru his contract thats right fight his way thru his contract....be crazy if he racks up 8 wins in 3yrs be coming into his 2nd prime (early 30s) thatd be only way to have a chance to make it to the bUiFgC shows Murders row...Again I think he can beat ANY LW but only time will tell if he can prove it...2 possibilities Bellator folds or he fights his way thru his contract....heard it here first.....BLOOOOOOOOOOBBBBBB

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.