UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> TUF 18: Cast Revealed

8/15/13 9:19 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Cyril Jeff
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom

New "The Ultimate Fighter" cast revealed

Ultimate Fighter
Let the games begin! TUF 18 brings women and men together for the first time.
FOX Sports
Share This Story

The new history-making season of The Ultimate Fighter is only weeks away. But the 32 competitors of the first season to feature women as cast members and coaches have now been revealed in a FoxSports.com exclusive.

Only sixteen of the male and female bantamweight (135lbs) fighters—from the United States, Canada, England, Ireland and Sweden—will make it into the TUF House, where they will face-off in the toughest sports tournament on TV. “This season of The Ultimate Fighter was monumental, as we had women as coaches and competitors – fighting and living together with the men – for the first time ever," said UFC President Dana White.

The premiere episode on September 4 will determine the eight men and eight women who will be divided into teams coached by UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion Ronda Rousey and her arch-rival Miesha Tate.

Women's Bantamweight Fighters

Shayna Baszler (15-8), 33, Sioux Fall, S.D.
Revelina Berto (3-1), 24, Winter Haven, Fla.
Jessamyn Duke (2-1), 27, Richmond, Ky.
Tonya Evinger (11-6), 32, Lake St. Louis, Mo.
Laura Howarth (4-0), 26, Hove, East Essex, ENG
Tara LaRosa (21-3), 35, Albuquerque, N.M.
Valerie Letourneau (4-3), 30, La Prairie, CAN
Bethany Marshall (4-1), 25, Newport News, Va.
Sarah Moras (3-1), 25, Kelowna, CAN
Margaret “Penny” Morgan (2-0), 33, Nashua, N.H.
Gina Mazany (3-0), 25, Seattle, Wash.
Roxanna Modafferi (15-10), 30, Pittsfield, Mass.
Julianna Pena (4-2), 24, Spokane, Wash.
Raquel Pennington (3-3), 24, Colorado Springs, Colo.
Jessica Rakoczy (1-3), 36, Las Vegas, Nev.
Colleen Schneider (4-3), 31, Las Vegas, Nev.

Male Bantamweight Fighters

Christopher Beal (7-0), 28, Somis, Calif.
Cody Bollinger (14-3), 22, Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.
Louis Fisette (6-1), 23, Winnipeg, CAN
Rafael Freitas (6-0-1), 29, Albuquerque, N.M.
David Grant (8-1), 27, Bishop Auckland, ENG
Tim Gorman (9-2), 30, West Des Moines, Iowa
Anthony Gutierrez (4-0), 22, Lee’s Summit, Mo.
Emil Hartsner (4-0), 23, Luberod, SWE
Joshua Hill (9-0), 26, Binbrook, CAN
Chris Holdsworth (4-0), 25, Woodland Hills, Calif.
Patrick Holohan (9-0-1), 25, Dublin, IRL
Sirwan Kakai (9-1), 23, Coconut Creek, Fla.
Daniel Martinez (18-4), 28, San Diego, Calif.
Matthew Munsey (4-1), 26, Hollywood, Fla.
Lee Sandmeier (9-0), 30, Knoxville, Iowa
Michael Wootten (6-0), 24, Liverpool, ENG

---read the rest here---

8/15/13 9:20 AM
Cyril Jeff
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

twitter = @theCyrildotcom

Tara and Shayna will bring the entertainment this season...

8/15/13 9:21 AM
jason73
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt for sarah moras
8/15/13 9:23 AM
Eisenberg
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You see how thin the women's division is just by looking at the contestant's records. Theres a girl with a losing record on TUF...come on. At least im glad to see a couple of legit vets made it there (Bazler, LaRosa, Modafferi)
8/15/13 9:27 AM
Letibleu
1474 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

8/15/13 9:30 AM
Oontyex
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War shayna Phone Post 3.0
8/15/13 9:37 AM
Chris27

Great talent.  Hill, Holdsworth, Sharkbait, Barata and Sirwan are all top prospects.

Womens looks good with some vets and prospects. 

8/15/13 9:40 AM
Fabes
142 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GroundSkillz.com, Asst. Regional Mgr.

Awesome to see Tara and Roxy on there!

8/15/13 9:41 AM
Chris27

MMA Lives Here - 

Judging only by the records the men's BW comp could produce a star or two

Josh Hill or Chris HOldsworth are the two to watch, I see one of them winning and being a real legit BW prospect.   Hill is the best BW in Canada. 

8/15/13 9:42 AM
TheCrow13
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matthew Munsey (4-1), 26, Hollywood, Fla

He trained with Josh Samman for a long time. My friend said he's a great coach with a lot of talent. Looking forward to this season. Phone Post 3.0
8/15/13 9:47 AM
MMALOGIC

Edited: 08/15/13 9:52 AM

Zuffa got the production right with tuf 17.  Tuf is now a product you can put on big Fox when the time comes.

8/15/13 9:47 AM
lozer81

i've seen bethany marshall around several times when i was fighting in va, she was training under nick white who is like a legend in va, she's good. another cagefest/va fighter in the ufc. mackens sermerzier,amir sodallah, and now bethany. there is alot of talent in virginia
8/15/13 9:49 AM
TtoMyJ14
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow. Tara Larosa competing at 135 should be interesting.
8/15/13 10:09 AM
Steve4192
200 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Lives Here - 

Judging only by the records the men's BW comp could produce a star or two

Agreed.

At first glance, that looks like a very strong cast. Hopefully, all those records are legit and there aren't any Wayne Weems types among the cast.
8/15/13 10:14 AM
Steve4192
200 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On the women's side of things, it will be interesting to see if the veterans (Baszler, LaRosa, Modafferi, Evinger) can hold off the youngsters. I think Baszler is a VERY strong favorite to win it all, but it wouldn't surprise me to see her as the only veteran to make it to the semifinals.
8/15/13 10:15 AM
Steve4192

One last note .... the Korean Zombie does not approve of Ronda's shirt.
8/15/13 10:18 AM
Pancake Syrup Ali
519 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Didn't Dana say some of the fights on this season a painfully bad...add that to the gir ldrama that the coaches will have...i'll pass

8/15/13 10:26 AM
AMartElbow

Eisenberg - You see how thin the women's division is just by looking at the contestant's records. Theres a girl with a losing record on TUF...come on. At least im glad to see a couple of legit vets made it there (Bazler, LaRosa, Modafferi)
Bet she wins it all Phone Post 3.0
8/15/13 10:47 AM
Steve4192

AMartElbow - 
Eisenberg - You see how thin the women's division is just by looking at the contestant's records. Theres a girl with a losing record on TUF...come on. At least im glad to see a couple of legit vets made it there (Bazler, LaRosa, Modafferi)
Bet she wins it all Phone Post 3.0

I don't know that she wins it, but Jessica Rakoczy is definitely better than her record (1-3) indicates. All three of her losses are to currently ranked fighters (Ould, Frausto-Gurgel, Herrig). Her manager set her up to fail in her first three pro MMA fights and she did. I hope she fired that guy.

Her 33-3 pro boxing record is a better indication of her talent.
8/15/13 10:58 AM
Chris27

Pancake Syrup Ali - 

Didn't Dana say some of the fights on this season a painfully bad...add that to the gir ldrama that the coaches will have...i'll pass

Link to quote please.  He said Ronda/Tate are crazy, no way he said the fights were bad.  Not a chance in hell he would say that before the season, he might say it after the season like he did with TUF 16 when he said the season sucked but he wouldnt say that before cause he wants you to watch.

8/15/13 11:01 AM
JoeMimic
506 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Josh Hill went on TUF? I'm surprised they didn't sign him up straight away. Phone Post
8/15/13 11:04 AM
Pancake Syrup Ali
519 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - 
Pancake Syrup Ali - 

Link to quote please.  He said Ronda/Tate are crazy, no way he said the fights were bad.  Not a chance in hell he would say that before the season, he might say it after the season like he did with TUF 16 when he said the season sucked but he wouldnt say that before cause he wants you to watch.

I can't remember where i saw it (Think it was on here) but he said some fights he didn;t even want to air they were so bad.....could also be an old article as well though

8/15/13 11:07 AM
JoeVIP

Edited: 08/15/13 3:06 PM
WAR Gorman!!!
8/15/13 11:09 AM
zedlepln
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pancake Syrup Ali - 
Chris27 - 
Pancake Syrup Ali - 

I can't remember where i saw it (Think it was on here) but he said some fights he didn;t even want to air they were so bad.....could also be an old article as well though

This is why you need quotes. Honda did say on Highly Questionable a couple days ago that there was a lot of bad blood between her and Miesha on the show and that Dana was not sure how much of it could make the air. Perhaps this is along the lines of what you meant.

8/15/13 11:20 AM
The Mouth

Timmy Gorman will be good for TV.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.