UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> UFN 26: Who's on the potential cut list?

8/15/13 10:09 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Unfortunately at almost every UFC event a group of fighters are fighting for more than a win, but to keep their jobs in the promotion. At the UFC Fight Night 26, or UFC on FOX Sports 1 debut event, several athletes may be doing just that:

Likely to be cut with a loss:

Michael Johnson - His UFC run has been a roller coaster. It peaked with wins over Tony Ferguson and Danny Castillo, but two consecutive losses have him on the ropes. He seems to have regressed a bit lately, and he's going to have his hands full with Lauzon. A third straight loss will probably mean the door.

John Howard - He's in on late notice at middleweight against Hall. He says he feels better at 185, but he's 5'7. His last UFC run saw him lose three straight at welterweight in 2010-2011. He's gone 6-1 since then, but the UFC hasn't been as charitable about giving late replacements another fight lately. I think Howard might be one of those one-and-done guys if he loses.

Possibly cut with a loss: Daniel Pineda, Manny Gamburyan, Cole Miller, Ramsey Nijem, James Vick

Likely safe regardles of outcome: Mauricio Rua, Chael Sonnen, Alistair Overeem, Travis Browne, Urijah Faber, Yuri Alcantara, Matt Brown, Mike Pyle, Urijah Hall, Joe Lauzon, Brad Pickett, Michael McDonald, Conor McGregor, Max Hollaway, Matt Brown, Steven Siler, Diego Brando, Cody Donovan, Ovince St. Preux

read entire article...

So of course the list above represents on writers opinion, but what do you think UG? Is this list accurate, and if not, how would you change it?

8/15/13 10:21 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bearded Collie Herds Orca
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/15/13 10:21 AM
WTF is "Like safe regardles of outcome: "?
8/15/13 10:24 AM
Pancake Syrup Ali
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bearded Collie Herds Orca - WTF is "Like safe regardles of outcome: "?

For comments like yours lol

8/15/13 10:48 AM
ryanisagarrett
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think Howards on the list for his first fight back. Late replacement at a different weight class after being resigned after a good record being away. I say he gets 1 more if he loses this one, which I don't think he does. DOOMSDAY DROPS BOMBS SON! Phone Post
8/15/13 11:59 AM
bearockbrobama
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ILoveJohnson'sJohnson -
Bearded Collie Herds Orca - WTF is "Like safe regardles of outcome: "?
Hahah that's what I was thinking. Phone Post 3.0
Think it meant likely Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.