UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dana White: UFC won't counter-program Bellator PPV

8/15/13 4:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Taz Styles
3011 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/8/15/4625530/dana-white-ufc-wont-counter-program-bellator-pay-per-view

To say the UFC has been known to counter-program their opposition would be an understatement.

Competitors from Elite XC to Strikeforce to Affliction suddenly found UFC shows popping up on the same night as their own events over the years.

But according to UFC president Dana White, the company has no plans on countering Bellator MMA's first foray into the pay-per-view business. Asked point-blank at Thursday's UFC Fight Night press conference at the Wang Center whether the company would run a show on Nov. 2, the night of Bellator's event in Long Beach, Calif., White simply said "Nope."

Another point White made clear: He was among those watching last week's Bellator press conference featuring co-headliners and former UFC light heavyweight champions Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Tito Ortiz.

"I'm sure you guys saw, when they did the press conference, all they talked about was me," White said. "What are they going to talk about, the fight?

White imitated reporters asking Jackson and Ortiz questions. "Well you guys have lost your last 10 fights, who do you think this fight is going to go?' ‘Well I can tell you this, one of us is going to win. Someone's 0 must go.'"

When asked why the company won't counter Bellator the way he has other competitors, White remained dismissive.

"My video blog does more f--- viewers than their television show does," he said. "I'm not feeling very competitive."

Still, he couldn't resist taking a shot at Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney.

"Those guys, I saw Bjork was talking some smack, I'm like, dude, just shut up and run your business," he said. That's what you should have done when you started and you had some legs to stand on. They're hurting."

8/15/13 4:34 PM
PUBLIC's_bsc_in_my_bloodyfluid
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

White imitated reporters asking Jackson and Ortiz questions. "Well you guys have lost your last 10 fights, who do you think this fight is going to go?' 'Well I can tell you this, one of us is going to win. Someone's 0 must go.'"

LLOLOLOLOOL!
8/15/13 4:54 PM
HandyDarsh
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hahah I love hearing Dana's replies
Pretty entertaining Phone Post 3.0
8/15/13 5:01 PM
timessquare
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Love Dana, such a cunt. I mean that in the nicest possible way, his dismissiveness cracks me up.

8/15/13 5:11 PM
BackAndLeft
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I still laugh every time he says Bjork. Phone Post
8/15/13 5:14 PM
ranier wolfcastle
842 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My video blog does more f--- viewers than their television show does,"

epic

8/15/13 5:19 PM
CindyO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Taz Styles - 

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/8/15/4625530/dana-white-ufc-wont-counter-program-bellator-pay-per-view

To say the UFC has been known to counter-program their opposition would be an understatement.

Competitors from Elite XC to Strikeforce to Affliction suddenly found UFC shows popping up on the same night as their own events over the years.

But according to UFC president Dana White, the company has no plans on countering Bellator MMA's first foray into the pay-per-view business. Asked point-blank at Thursday's UFC Fight Night press conference at the Wang Center whether the company would run a show on Nov. 2, the night of Bellator's event in Long Beach, Calif., White simply said "Nope."

Another point White made clear: He was among those watching last week's Bellator press conference featuring co-headliners and former UFC light heavyweight champions Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Tito Ortiz.

"I'm sure you guys saw, when they did the press conference, all they talked about was me," White said. "What are they going to talk about, the fight?

White imitated reporters asking Jackson and Ortiz questions. "Well you guys have lost your last 10 fights, who do you think this fight is going to go?' ‘Well I can tell you this, one of us is going to win. Someone's 0 must go.'"

When asked why the company won't counter Bellator the way he has other competitors, White remained dismissive.

"My video blog does more f--- viewers than their television show does," he said. "I'm not feeling very competitive."

Still, he couldn't resist taking a shot at Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney.

"Those guys, I saw Bjork was talking some smack, I'm like, dude, just shut up and run your business," he said. That's what you should have done when you started and you had some legs to stand on. They're hurting."

LMFAO!!!

Cindy

8/15/13 5:23 PM
Devlin
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PUBLIC's_bsc_in_my_bloodyfluid - White imitated reporters asking Jackson and Ortiz questions. "Well you guys have lost your last 10 fights, who do you think this fight is going to go?' 'Well I can tell you this, one of us is going to win. Someone's 0 must go.'"

LLOLOLOLOOL!
Creased up at that, holy shit one geta a win streak . Phone Post
stevekt
554 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Someone's 0 must go! Phone Post
TheRaider
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Those comments are gold. Would be a waste of money counter programming Viacom.
8/15/13 5:24 PM
44 Magnum
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bjork... Epic!!!!! LOL
8/15/13 5:26 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
261 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There is always someone who has more than you.

Yeah. Its funny to hear Dana saying his blog draws more viewers.

Can you imagine Roger Goodell being asked about the UFC and saying, "We sold more Tom Brady jerseys than they did tickets last year".

No. You can't.

Imagine if Bill Gates responded with "That's cute" when Floyd Mayweather posts his gambling slips.

Someone always has more than you or does something better and I think the deal should be to keep that in mind when talking of those who have less.

Dana should not have to point out that he is so much bigger than Bellator.

Everyone ought to know that already.

Let everyone else say you are bigger because that sounds better than you saying it yourself. Phone Post
8/15/13 6:07 PM
ChaosOverkill
451 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this yeah college football in full swing as well as NBA by then if not opening weekend for NBA.

I have my issues with how Dana runs things but I have ti admit this was pretty funny.

8/15/13 6:19 PM
SupesUp
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm very surprised they aren't countering.
Bellator has left themselves vulnerable for sure. Phone Post
8/15/13 6:48 PM
CindyO

He didn't say one of their network partners wouldn't:)

Cindy Phone Post 3.0
8/15/13 6:55 PM
Taz Styles
3011 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cUghyYYiUM

8/15/13 7:04 PM
3 Sided Square
316 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JeffersonDArcyChoke -  There is always someone who has more than you.

Can you imagine Roger Goodell being asked about the UFC and saying, "We sold more Tom Brady jerseys than they did tickets last year".

No. You can't.

Imagine if Bill Gates responded with "That's cute" when Floyd Mayweather posts his gambling slips.

Someone always has more than you or does something better and I think the deal should be to keep that in mind when talking of those who have less.

Let everyone else say you are bigger because that sounds better than you saying it yourself. Phone Post

Why are you comparing completely separate things? Terrible analogies.

It's not about having more, it's about direct competition. It's nuts how far some people reach to find some fault with what Dana says.

[[[["Let everyone else say you are bigger because that sounds better "]]]

Well he did exactly that

[[["I'm sure you guys saw, when they did the press conference, all they talked about was me," White said. "What are they going to talk about, the fight?]]]
8/15/13 7:12 PM
3 Sided Square
316 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Deuce77 - 
CindyO - He didn't say one of their network partners wouldn't:)

Cindy Phone Post 3.0

At least your douchey comments are consistent. Your name as a closing solidifies that....especially since your screen name or whatever already has your name.

Who made this post?
8/15/13 7:12 PM
luctaro
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Deuce77 - 

Cindy Phone Post 3.0

At least your douchey comments are consistent. Your name as a closing solidifies that....especially since your screen name or whatever already has your name.

Meaning right now Dana doesnt plan to air a live event that night but FS1 might have an old PPV or something SPIKE style!
8/15/13 7:22 PM
js138
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JeffersonDArcyChoke - There is always someone who has more than you.

No. You can't.

Captain no fun :( Phone Post 3.0
8/15/13 7:26 PM
SupesUp
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Deuce77 -

Cindy Phone Post 3.0

That escalated quickly. Phone Post
8/15/13 11:31 PM
sekundarburnes

Cindy Phone Post 3.0

you're a subtler troll than Drama or even mark1, and i think because of the finesse with which you deliberately irritate people on this forum, i can't help but admire you
8/15/13 11:47 PM
UGCTT_iPray2bLaidByWeidman

No. You can't.

Your comparisons are silly.

Agree with your point to an extent. Bjork was talking some smack though, so I consider Dana's wise cracks fair game. Phone Post
8/16/13 12:36 AM
steve sandstrom
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No. You can't.

Go cry some more. Boo hoo someone else has more, blah blah blah......Fuck u goof Phone Post 3.0
8/16/13 3:15 AM
JimmersonzGlove
475 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No need to counter. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.