UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Sonnen trashes Lil' Nog & Belfort

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

8/15/13 11:51 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1425 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

The best word to describe Chael Sonnen might be 'company man' as he is always willing to step in and fight the best in the world if the company calls, unlike some of his peers:

"'Little Nerd' said that he was going to do this fight and pulled out like he always does. Coincidentally, after the posters, press releases and free marketing all got done. I'm from a different time. I'm from a time when your word meant something. I'm from a time that, when you sign a contract, you show up for work whether you feel like it or not. This guy called in sick, like he always does, three weeks in advance. Nobody sitting out there today can call up their boss and say, 'Hey boss, three weeks from now, I'm not going to feel good.' It can't happen. He comes out two days ago and says he wants to fight ‘Shogun.' Well listen genius; you could've fought ‘Shogun.' You could have fought him in Winnipeg and you gave your word to the fans, to the promotion and to ‘Shogun' that you would fight him.

The number one rule in show business, and you saw with all the hurdles that our leadership has had to get through, the show must go on. Every time 'Lil' Nog' or Vitor Belfort signs a contract, I go into training camp because I know an opportunity is going to open up. That's just the reality of the situation. I think Shogun's outstanding, he's got a ton of skills and he can definitely beat me. I can beat him too. I want to go into this fight being a bully knowing that I can beat the guy. It's a very hard match. We're both coming off very tough matches, but even Babe Ruth struck out every now and then. We both fight very tough guys and we fight them all the time. Above all else, if we give our word that we'll show up, we will."

read entire article... 

8/15/13 11:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Vote Ups for Zimmerman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lil Nerd by sub. don't know about Belfort, Sonnen might dry hump him to a UD

8/16/13 12:01 AM
Ip Man 81

Vote Ups for Zimmerman -

Little Nog would not sub Sonnen Phone Post 3.0
8/16/13 12:03 AM
Vote Ups for Zimmerman

Ip Man 81 - 
Vote Ups for Zimmerman -

ok, now go away.

8/16/13 12:09 AM
BshMstr
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

eh, he's right... i don't care for Chael, but he always steps up when these guys have something come up. it's a good lesson for the younger guys, that if you prepare to fill in for other fighters, you can make a ton of cash with a marginal record...
8/16/13 12:19 AM
sparkuri
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Talking his way into fights he doesn't deserve?
This isn't the Chael I know. Phone Post
8/16/13 12:21 AM
NugInPuss

BshMstr - eh, he's right... i don't care for Chael, but he always steps up when these guys have something come up. it's a good lesson for the younger guys, that if you prepare to fill in for other fighters, you can make a ton of cash with a marginal record...

Exactamundo
8/16/13 12:50 AM
Ip Man 81

Vote Ups for Zimmerman -
Ip Man 81 - 
Vote Ups for Zimmerman -

ok, now go away.

Little nerd is not only overrated, but his submission game is highly overrated these days. Chael would take him down for 3 rounds and grind out a decision. No need to be depressed about it. Chael could give him a guillotine and Nog still wouldn't finish it. Phone Post 3.0
8/16/13 12:56 AM
Vote Ups for Zimmerman

Ip Man 81 - 
Vote Ups for Zimmerman -
Ip Man 81 - 
Vote Ups for Zimmerman -

ok, now go away.

Little nerd is not only overrated, but his submission game is highly overrated these days. Chael would take him down for 3 rounds and grind out a decision. No need to be depressed about it. Chael could give him a guillotine and Nog still wouldn't finish it. Phone Post 3.0

ok troll

8/16/13 1:14 AM
TuLegit

Vitor has been quite the diva as of late. Since when does a win over rockhold guarantee you a shot at the belt and give you the right to turn down all other fights?... Phone Post 3.0
8/16/13 1:17 AM
12SixElbow
788 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sonnen has a fair point on Little Nog.

He has been in the UFC since November of 2009 and dropped out of fights 4x.

(UFC 109 vs Vera, UFC 133 Franklin, UFC of Fuel 2 Gustafsonn, UFC 161 Shogun)

8/16/13 3:05 AM
slamming

MMA Lives Here - 
Ip Man 81 -
Vote Ups for Zimmerman -
Ip Man 81 - 
Vote Ups for Zimmerman -

ok, now go away.

lol

Armbars Hendo, no chance of subbing Chael Phone Post 3.0

8 years ago. He's slower than a dead dinosaur now. Still possible mind you, but he's not the same fighter.
8/16/13 3:08 AM
kingkoopa

Sonnen is one of the worse things to happen to mma EVER! Phone Post
8/16/13 5:49 AM
Tilla

12SixElbow - 

Sonnen has a fair point on Little Nog.

He has been in the UFC since November of 2009 and dropped out of fights 4x.

(UFC 109 vs Vera, UFC 133 Franklin, UFC of Fuel 2 Gustafsonn, UFC 161 Shogun)

Too right he does.

What is THE DEAL with Lil Nog, anyway? Dude rarely fights. I'd imagine he'll be getting cut soon?
8/16/13 6:20 AM
Leck Brosnar

Sonnen will be the UFC president when Dana retires, for sure.
8/16/13 6:21 AM
Casual Kiwi
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

0superdave0 -
kingkoopa -  Sonnen is one of the worse things to happen to mma EVER! Phone Post

I would probably lean more towards fans like you.
Why? His shtick may be a bit over-the-top sometimes and I think some of the stuff he says is a bit disrespectful, but despite not being the most talented fighter, he always steps up when needed. He is a non-stop promoter for the sport which can't hurt. He's not the most exciting fighter going round, but that doesn't stop me from watching his fights. Phone Post 3.0
8/16/13 6:25 AM
Casual Kiwi
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leck Brosnar - Sonnen will be the UFC president when Dana retires, for sure.
Holy shit, I never even considered this! I hope he doesn't get hit in the head too many more times then! Not sure he would be good for the UFCs expansion into Brazil though Phone Post 3.0
8/16/13 10:04 AM
ranier wolfcastle
1479 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. I think Shogun's outstanding, he's got a ton of skills and he can definitely beat me.

thats cool of chael to say

8/16/13 10:42 AM
Ramon Maroni
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ip Man 81 - 
Vote Ups for Zimmerman -

You cant be serious

I love Sonnen, but most of his losses are from sub, and one of the greatest Bjj/MMA guys couldn't do it?

GTFO
8/16/13 10:43 AM
disbeliever
745 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
I am genuinely surprised by how much respect Chael has given Shogun for this fight. He has not said 1 bad thing about him.
8/16/13 12:09 PM
MasterofMartialArts
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ip Man 81 -
Vote Ups for Zimmerman -
Ip Man 81 - 
Vote Ups for Zimmerman -

ok, now go away.

You have no credibility on this forum Phone Post 3.0
8/16/13 12:20 PM
epwar
575 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sonnen has looked awful in every bout since he had his TRT regulated.  How is he 1) still getting main events and 2) getting people to listen (or, even worse, believe) his blabbering?

8/16/13 12:22 PM
tenchu
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

" Every time 'Lil' Nog' or Vitor Belfort signs a contract, I go into training camp because I know an opportunity is going to open up. "

LOL. This got a good laugh at the press conference.
8/16/13 12:41 PM
DatSpider
176 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/16/13 12:41 PM
If you're injured you're injured (I'm talking serious injuries).The other macho BS is stupid and reckless, IMO, plus you're basically cheating the fans out of their hard earned money, because you're not getting the fighter at his/her best.
8/16/13 12:54 PM
kungfugrip
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He makes a point about fighters getting injured, but do we want to see a fighter show up and fight at 60%? When you are a lost a way from being cut, it's difficult. Add to that, when fighters are not fighting they arent making money.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.