UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> Becoming a Podcast Fiend

8/16/13 11:57 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Wiggy
205 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Think I'm starting to turn into a serious podcast fiend. Between looking around on my own and at the recommendation of other OG podcast threads, I am currently subscribed to:

-TEDTalks Business
-TEDTalks video
-Joe Rogan Experience
-TD Jakes
-Startup School w/Seth Godin
-Smart Passive Income w/Pat Flynn
-Smoking Tire
-Adam Carolla Show
-London Real
-Carolla's Carcast
-Pointless w/Kevin Pereira
-Geoff Thompson Inspired
-Stone Cold Steve Austin Show
-Penn's Sunday School
-Email Marketing Podcast w/John McIntyre
-Entrepreneur On Fire
-ViperChill
-Marketing Show
-Interet Business Mastery
-Copyblogger
-Podcrash w/Chris Gore
-FastLane
-Driving Sports
-NFL Around the League
-PTI
-Nerdist

I've also just recently added (but not had a chance to check out):
-The Random Show (Tim Ferriss)
-Ari Shaffir's Skeptic Tank
-Dan Carlin's Hardcore History
-StarTalk w/Neil Degrasse Tyson
-Deeper Down the Rabbit Hole

If anyone has other recommendations, feel free to list 'em here!
8/16/13 12:02 PM
cleophus
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lately I've only been listening to dvdasa Phone Post
8/16/13 12:04 PM
in_different
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Check out radiolab. Start with the episode called falling to get the idea of it.

I like the drunken taoist, but it is kind of hit and miss to be honest
8/16/13 12:06 PM
Juggaloey
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How did this get made is one of the funniest podcasts I've listened to Phone Post
8/16/13 12:07 PM
Wiggy
205 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^Thanks - will do.

I guess I should say that for the most part, I in NO WAY catch every episode of the above. There are some I try to, but most I just pick and choose depending on the topic/guest.
8/16/13 12:25 PM
scubalou83
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

listen to the champs from episode 1 on..... the funniest podcast of them all....there are episodes with shit audio every once in awhile, but all in all its the best.
8/16/13 12:30 PM
QuadAces
229 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here are my favorites that hadn't been mentioned when I started this post:

Ante Up Poker MAGAZINE (I BWS'ed magazine because the Ante Up Podcast isn't as good IMO)
Bertcast (Bert Kreischer doing the JRE thing, with more funny and less Bigfoot)
Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast (Half random rants, half rants/advice based on listener emails)
The Co-Main Event Podcast (MMA)
Fat Man on Batman (Kevin Smith interviews big names, mostly from the comics and animated series)
Iron Radio (weight training)
Mohr Stories (Jay Mohr does good, funny interviews while acknowledging that he was a douchebag for most of his career, and mostly succeeding in not being one now)
Now Playing (informed and interesting discussion of guy movies, i.e. superhero, sci-fi, horror, action, etc.)
This American Life (hour-long audio documentaries, sometimes multiple shorts on a theme)
Wait Wait Don't Tell Me (weekly NPR comedy game show) Phone Post 3.0
8/16/13 12:39 PM
Cotton
676 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GET UP, COCKSUCKA!
8/16/13 12:45 PM
D v
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bill burr Monday morning podcast Phone Post
8/16/13 12:48 PM
Cotton
676 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

D v -  Bill burr Monday morning podcast Phone Post

Ya cunts.
8/16/13 12:51 PM
jdindiana
311 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Same here. It all started with JRE then expanded from there Phone Post 3.0
8/16/13 12:54 PM
Cotton

I haven't listened as much the last 6-12 months as I use to. Probably went overkill for a while. Plus I am cyclical like that with things. I still listen to Rogan, Burr, and Diaz once in a while.
8/16/13 12:58 PM
DennyBoii
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post 3.0
8/16/13 1:04 PM
Wiggy

QuadAces - Here are my favorites that hadn't been mentioned when I started this post:

Ante Up Poker MAGAZINE (I BWS'ed magazine because the Ante Up Podcast isn't as good IMO)
Bertcast (Bert Kreischer doing the JRE thing, with more funny and less Bigfoot)
Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast (Half random rants, half rants/advice based on listener emails)
The Co-Main Event Podcast (MMA)
Fat Man on Batman (Kevin Smith interviews big names, mostly from the comics and animated series)
Iron Radio (weight training)
Mohr Stories (Jay Mohr does good, funny interviews while acknowledging that he was a douchebag for most of his career, and mostly succeeding in not being one now)
Now Playing (informed and interesting discussion of guy movies, i.e. superhero, sci-fi, horror, action, etc.)
This American Life (hour-long audio documentaries, sometimes multiple shorts on a theme)
Wait Wait Don't Tell Me (weekly NPR comedy game show) Phone Post 3.0

Awesome list - thanks for the descriptions, too. Think I'm gonna be adding most of those!

VUs so far to QuadAces, scubalou, and Juggaloey. Hit my VU limit today, but will get the rest of you tomorrow.

Keep 'em coming please!
8/16/13 1:38 PM
zebers3
427 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd have to add Comedy Bang Bang to your list. If you like alternative comedy you might like it. Some episodes literally have me crying, it's basically one guy (Scott Aukerman) as host and he invites usually one regular guest and then other comedians play characters and they just interact with these characters and maybe play some games. Not all of them are great but some of them are amazing.

I also enjoy Who Charted, it's the wife of Scott Aukerman and another comedian Howard Kremer, and they have a guest and just go through the top 5 in a random music chart, movie chart, and then a chart related to their guest. It's entertaining and you also learn what shit people are into these days.

And finally By The Way In Conversation with Jeff Garlin. It's a live podcast, but he gets amazing guests, like Conan, Henry Rollins, Mitch Hurwitz, Larry David, Judd Apatow, and so on. 

These three podcasts are on the Earwolf network.

8/16/13 1:46 PM
darkness66
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you like dan Carlin listen to common sense. Phone Post
8/16/13 1:53 PM
sicko
306 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ten Minute Podcast. It's three friends (Will Sasso, Bryan Callen, and Chris D'elia) just goofing around for 10 minutes. It's fun
8/16/13 2:06 PM
Internet
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am also a podcast fiend.

Check out Mysterious Universe for alternative news, science and paranormal shit. It's pretty good.

Also bill burr as suggested.

Hardcore History has the most quality content out of any I think but you really need to go into the back catalogues
for some of the best stuff.

In for recommends. Phone Post
8/16/13 2:08 PM
bcolflesh
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT for podcast ideas.
8/16/13 2:24 PM
Achilles Lock
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bill Burr Monday Morning Podcast Phone Post
8/16/13 3:24 PM
Wiggy

Thanks for all the suggestions - my podcasts directory is full as a mofo now. lol

I ditched TV a while back and now listen to more and more podcasts. Crazy how much really good stuff there is out there if you stop to look - really more than you can consume.

And the cool thing is that you can find them in any niche and learn shit at the same time. I've not tried the history type stuff yet, but the car podcasts themselves are great (I'm a car guy), and I've got some 6-7 or more business/internet marketing/entrepreneurial podcasts that are great as well.

Plus it's entertaining as all hell, too. That's why I like JRE type podcasts in that they're not just fun/entertaining to listen to but you can better yourself and learn something, too.
8/16/13 3:42 PM
Wovito
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I listen to podcasts on 1.5x speed. Anyone else do this?
8/16/13 3:53 PM
Gortcho
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sicko - Ten Minute Podcast. It's three friends (Will Sasso, Bryan Callen, and Chris D'elia) just goofing around for 10 minutes. It's fun
Your sooo jealous of me..... rrrhhhaaarrrrr Phone Post
8/16/13 4:22 PM
justinthevikingwren
1054 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post
8/16/13 5:06 PM
EFeeez
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.