UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Matt Brown: I don't really care if I win or lose

8/16/13 10:58 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Matt Brown is currently riding a five bout win streak, and with a sixth win will likely put himself near contention for a welterweight title shot. However, Brown isn't concerned with winning or losing:

What Distinguishes Him From The Rest Of The Pack

I guess the biggest thing that might be different about me is that I'm not afraid to lose. I go out there to fight, and I don't really care if I win or lose. I'm just going to fight. That's about the only thing I can think of.

Rankings

You know, all that stuff is just superficial to me. I'm just here to fight and do the best I can. All the other stuff will kind of take care of itself. It's not really my concern at the moment. Maybe after the fight I'll think about stuff like that. At this point, I know that I've got a really tough guy in front of me, and that's all I can worry about right now.

read entire article...

8/16/13 11:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
dbeedy
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't wait for this fight!!! Phone Post 3.0
8/16/13 11:09 PM
UGCTT_ShanTheMan
734 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt Brown is seriously awesome!
8/16/13 11:17 PM
TheGoldenRule
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Word Phone Post
8/16/13 11:26 PM
Right Hand JO Power
952 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt Brown shows up to fight (not win rounds) every goddamn time he gets in the cage. As a fan, that is what i pay to see. That's why he's one of my favorite fighters. Phone Post
8/16/13 11:42 PM
SickEyeDiaz
422 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Right Hand JO Power -  Matt Brown shows up to fight (not win rounds) every goddamn time he gets in the cage. As a fan, that is what i pay to see. That's why he's one of my favorite fighters. Phone Post

Fuckin right. Players like him are what make this sport great.

8/16/13 11:50 PM
Pessimist_Pete
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Too bad Alves got hurt Phone Post 3.0
8/17/13 12:05 AM
tjmitchiscool
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SickEyeDiaz -
Right Hand JO Power -  Matt Brown shows up to fight (not win rounds) every goddamn time he gets in the cage. As a fan, that is what i pay to see. That's why he's one of my favorite fighters. Phone Post

Fuck yes...one of my fave fighters now...hopefully He's getting paid by the UFC Phone Post 3.0
8/17/13 12:27 AM
allforroy
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't see him losing mañana. Phone Post 3.0
8/17/13 12:41 AM
Snayke13
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Right Hand JO Power - Matt Brown shows up to fight (not win rounds) every goddamn time he gets in the cage. As a fan, that is what i pay to see. That's why he's one of my favorite fighters. Phone Post
BOOM....truth. Phone Post
8/17/13 12:45 AM
armbarseverywhere
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WAR BROWN!!!!
8/17/13 12:46 AM
Carlton Fist

Pyle is a crafty dude who can shut down anybody's game given the smallest chance. Could turn into a grind but can't wait to watch. Love to see Immortal in the open rules days.
8/17/13 12:52 AM
JROTT
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will never root against Matt damn Brown! Ever!! So many good scraps tomorrow, but either this one or the Lauzon fight are my bets for FOTN Phone Post
8/17/13 3:31 AM
Crooklyn
700 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BloodyElbow.com, Featured Writer

Thanks for posting. I appreciate it :)

8/17/13 4:20 AM
ChaosOverkill
531 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Admirable quality lacking in some of the fighter's perspectives.

Although I'm sure his wife prefers he win lol

8/17/13 4:46 AM
i_shogun_ruas

Pyle will beat him Phone Post 3.0
8/17/13 8:51 AM
Dead President
90 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Like to see him fight rory
8/17/13 9:18 AM
1Buckeye

armbarseverywhere - WAR BROWN!!!!

+1 this is gonna be a scrap...
8/17/13 9:27 AM
caposa
1665 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matt Brown will be with the UFC for a long time Phone Post 3.0
8/17/13 9:42 AM
Leck Brosnar

SickEyeDiaz - 

To be realistic, fighters like him are what make the greats (GOATs) great. Brown is exciting but that's where his legacy will stay at. If you just want pure excitement, why not literally watch bumfights or something like that?
8/17/13 10:13 AM
SickEyeDiaz
422 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leck Brosnar - 
SickEyeDiaz - 

To be realistic, fighters like him are what make the greats (GOATs) great. Brown is exciting but that's where his legacy will stay at. If you just want pure excitement, why not literally watch bumfights or something like that?

You're right...I do love it when people who are consiered "bums" beat the ever-living shit out of their adversary and make them wilt in submission!

8/17/13 10:15 AM
Leck Brosnar

So Serra beats GSP and Nick doesn't, does that tell you anything about Nicky boy? And why do you go offtopic, I was just keeping it real. You seem mad brother ;)
8/17/13 10:15 AM
blueheron20816
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Leck Brosnar - 
SickEyeDiaz - 

youre an idiot if you think brown is just a skill-less meathead, you dont win 5 fight in a row against guys like Mien and swick without it.
8/17/13 10:19 AM
Leck Brosnar

blueheron20816 - 
Leck Brosnar - 
SickEyeDiaz - 

youre an idiot if you think brown is just a skill-less meathead, you dont win 5 fight in a row against guys like Mien and swick without it.

Skilless? Where did I say that? Brown is an OK fighter and will be remembered for 2 years, while the guys who actually fight to WIN, will be remembered for 50. Just stating the obvious...
8/17/13 10:27 AM
Tweener

I suppose it's good for the fans - because if he doesn't care, then why play it safe...

But for your own career? If you don't really care if you lose - then how can you possibly drive yourself to the top? You've got to care - winning has got to become your life. You don't become a champion by being indifferent.

This is your job; the life path you chose to support yourself and your family. You'd better damn care, or eventually you'll find yourself making piddly poop on some other fight circuit.

I don't know - seems like a negative quality to have in an athlete to me. If I were drafting players to my team (let's say hockey), I'd certainly avoid anyone who said they didn't really care if they won or lost... What's their motivation to give 100% every practice and every game if they've become almost apathetic. I want my players to be obsessed with winning; I want losing to make them stay awake all night wondering how the fuck they lost and thinking about every little detail of that loss and figuring out what they need to change and how they can do it. I don't want them saying "eh, doesn't really matter".

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.