UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> "Respected BJJ Champion Lloyd Irvin" - Joe Rogan

8/19/13 11:08 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
bmoney
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mishto chuckles - You guys are being ridiculous... What he said is true. Obviously he wasn't talking about his personal character being highly respected. No matter what you think about Lloyd there is no denying he attracted and nurtured some talent. Joes comment had nothing to do with anything but that camps reputation in combat sports results. Also I've listened to that podcast where he talks about Lloyd... How is he sucking up to him? He sounded like he was being pretty reasonable... Shit he made fun of him for like ten minutes... So much that Lloyd called him pissed off. Phone Post 3.0

Yes, he DID (past tense) have a lot of talent in his camp. However, nearly all of his talent left in the mass exodus. They all left for a specific reason. Also, the fact that numerous former respected students (Jordon Schultz, Ryan Hall, Nakapan Phungephorn, Mike Fowler) all spoke out against him doesn't speak volume about the way Lloyd runs his camp?

Team Lloyd Irvin is a shell of its former self. I think when you're coaching, personal character should be linked with coaching. Especially when you're coaching kids..That's why the Sandusky thing was such a huge issue. So are you saying that Sandusky's coaching "respect" be kept separate from what he did with all those boys?
8/19/13 11:09 AM
M Wood
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

how can someone be respected and an attempted rapist at the same time?
8/19/13 11:24 AM
Ozzabong
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JOB - Respected by potential rapists, looking for skills to rape women perhaps...
That's what the UFC teaches kids remember. How to rape!! Phone Post 3.0
8/19/13 11:25 AM
Lite
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/19/13 11:26 AM
Torn about this. I understand the indignation.

But also, I'm not sure this idea that Irvin's life should have ended, and that it is impossible that he might not have worked to improve himself and his life, that that is something that we as a society should not allow.

Edit: looked back through this thread and see that there's allegations against him more current than the rape. If that's true, than maybe that's a different deal.
8/19/13 11:28 AM
macblack

Don't know all the facts myself so far Phone Post
8/19/13 11:58 AM
6ULDV8

Did the New Year's Eve rapists get sentenced yet?

8/19/13 12:06 PM
bmoney
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6ULDV8 - 

The trial's not until October 8, 2013. Here's a link to the case..you can search by either Maldonado's, or Schultz's name.

https://www.dccourts.gov/cco/maincase.jsf
8/19/13 12:26 PM
UGCTT_Fillthy
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/19/13 12:26 PM
painfulapathy - I haven't followed the case but I've read things however I'm always sceptical because the Internet has a lot sheep that like to parrot things without knowing the facts.

Can anyone point me to official news sites with info - not propaganda sites. Thanks. Phone Post 3.0

I don't think it's fair to refer to them as 'propaganda sites' when they include links to news articles.  The information you seek is there, just click.

www.lloydirvinrapetruth.com

"As a result of the outrage from Lloyd Irvin's rape cover up, members of the martial arts community revealed that Lloyd Irvin himself had participated in the 1989 violent gang rape of a 17 year old girl at Hampton University.

Lloyd Irvin and as many as nine of his friends lured the girl to their apartment where they threatened to throw her off the balcony if she resisted. They then threw her on the bed and raped her violently.

Local News Article Covers Lloyd Irvin's Involvement in Brutal Gang Rape

The rape was so brutal that the victim suffered bruising on her lips and vagina. Lloyd Irvin testified that he did not see what was wrong with having sex with a "freak" -- the exact word that he used to describe the victim in court. Neither Lloyd nor any of his friends showed any remorse for this violent crime.

Lloyd Irvin Testifies that Rape Victim Is a "Freak"

Lloyd Irvin was able to convince the jury that he was too limp to penetrate the victim. He did, however, admit that he wanted to anyway. Due to the inability of the jury to convict him on a lesser charge for his clear involvement in the gang rape, Lloyd Irvin was acquitted. His co defendant was convicted of forcible sodomy.

Lloyd Irvin Wants to Rape Victim But Is Too Limp

In further trials, several more of Lloyd Irvin's friends were convicted of rape. They were sentenced to prison.

Lloyd Irvin Friends Convicted of Rape and Sent to Prison"

8/19/13 12:46 PM
ArthurKnoqOut
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hey guys. instead of spending time arguing with people who are trying to either deny him being a rapist or promoting a rape culture (as evident by his students AND his behavior as retold by many of his students, towards female students) we should be focusing on keeping this issue alive. In other threads and blogs full of legit information.

Anyways, if you check out the posters who are trying to defend rape (yes, not just LI) or white-knighting for him (da fuq?), you'll see that they either troll other threads or post all sorts of homophobic shit that you would expect a retard who is OK with rape to post...whether they are serious or not, who gives a fuck.

UG MOB FOR LIFE!!!
8/19/13 12:50 PM
6ULDV8

bmoney - 
6ULDV8 - 

The trial's not until October 8, 2013. Here's a link to the case..you can search by either Maldonado's, or Schultz's name.

https://www.dccourts.gov/cco/maincase.jsf

Thanks for that.

If anyone's curious, the rapists' names are Matthew Maldonado and Nicholas Schultz.

8/19/13 2:47 PM
Rev Horror

Eater of Sacred Cows, Pwner
likatiga - Rev Horror has shriveled up and left the party. A lot like his friend Lloyd Irvin's dick.

Fuck you rev horror, you rape apologist and general cock sucker.

Fuck you Lloyd Irvin you rapist, rapist enabler & and all around scam artist.

Fuck you JoePa Rogan you supporter of rapists and rapist enablers.

U mad bro?

Sorry I can't hang around on the internet all day to answer all the pathetic objections that gamma males like you vomit out.

8/19/13 2:51 PM
Rev Horror

Eater of Sacred Cows, Pwner

And not one of you pukes addressed this:

Why would a judge or jury accept his testimony over hers?

She said he raped her. She even named the person holding her down at the time. But for some reason he was aqcuitted anyway. And its not because he simply said "I couldn't get it up." If you or I get accused of rape today, and are brought before a judge or jury with an accuser saying "This man raped me, and there's the guy who held me down while he did it," do you think you would walk out of court by saying, "Yeah, your honor, I was there... and I did try to rape her... but I couldn't get it up."

Judge: "OH, sorry to waste your time son! Baliff, get this man a taxi please, I'm sure he has plenty of better things to do than sit here and listen to this. After all, he said he didn't do it!"

HOW convenient for you all to overlook the obvious and continue with your ramblings.

Continue.

8/19/13 3:21 PM
TheGoldenRule
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rev Horror -

She said he raped her. She even named the person holding her down at the time. But for some reason he was aqcuitted anyway. And its not because he simply said "I couldn't get it up." If you or I get accused of rape today, and are brought before a judge or jury with an accuser saying "This man raped me, and there's the guy who held me down while he did it," do you think you would walk out of court by saying, "Yeah, your honor, I was there... and I did try to rape her... but I couldn't get it up."

Judge: "OH, sorry to waste your time son! Baliff, get this man a taxi please, I'm sure he has plenty of better things to do than sit here and listen to this. After all, he said he didn't do it!"

HOW convenient for you all to overlook the obvious and continue with your ramblings.

Continue.

Tenesmus Phone Post
8/19/13 3:26 PM
The Principal
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Attn: rev horror, your defense of LI is going to bring a predictable result, as you know. That being said, it is clear you are trolling. If you want to defend LI, that is fine; start your own thread on the matter. If not, you are trolling and this is a ban-able action. Consider yourself warned. Phone Post 3.0
8/19/13 3:38 PM
likatiga
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rev Horror -
likatiga - Rev Horror has shriveled up and left the party. A lot like his friend Lloyd Irvin's dick.

Fuck you rev horror, you rape apologist and general cock sucker.

Fuck you Lloyd Irvin you rapist, rapist enabler & and all around scam artist.

Fuck you JoePa Rogan you supporter of rapists and rapist enablers.

U mad bro?

Sorry I can't hang around on the internet all day to answer all the pathetic objections that gamma males like you vomit out.

I'm a little mad, yes.

Forgive me if I don't like rape apologists and supporters of rapists.

I'll ask you again and then I'll leave you alone to continue supporting your rapist friends:

You and your buddies are in an apartment. Also in that apartment is a 17 year old girl. 8 of your friends start gang raping the girl. What do you do?

How can you look yourself in the mirror? Phone Post 3.0
8/19/13 3:41 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
382 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

I am supporting nobody. Merely saying try to express opinions without the personal attacks, my Brothers.

8/19/13 3:49 PM
Stipe
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Huey Freeman - Joe needs to know he's someone we all look up to and respect and that's why he's catching so much flak for this because of how much we all think of him and we are disappointed.

I understand that he's in a tough spot as he knows Irvin personally but he's just got to have a think, man up and not promote Irvin in the future.

I know he wouldn't let his kids go and train up there, so he should think carefully about anything that might attract people to Irvins gym as his opinion is respected and carries weight.

We are all fans of mma and its like a little brotherhood and joes like a role model for a lot of us, if he wasn't we wouldn't give a shit, please don't alienate us joe. Phone Post 3.0

I want him to do what's the right thing to do.

Not because he's calculating whom he'll alienate, or what flak he'll catch or whom he'll disappoint. None of that.

But because he really wants to do it and he knows the facts and has an informed opinion, and because it's the right thing to do.

That needs to be his guide, not the flak he'll be getting. Or the calculations.

Flak is just a signal in this case, anyway.
8/19/13 3:59 PM
snobordr
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

8/19/13 4:03 PM
chew22
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rev Horror - 

Continue.

From the court documents I read, the judge didn't accept his testimony over hers, it was a jury trial. With the instructions the jury were given, apparently there was conflicting testimony over what happened in the room at the same time as LI and the other person who was holding down the girl. LI testified the only thing he could as it was established he was in the room. He testified his intent was there, but his limpness was also. the girl testified both raped her, but on cross the defense showed some holes in her identifying exactly who was in the room when. The jury had reasonable doubt LI committed the act, and asked if they could convict on a lesser accessory charge. The DA refused, so they were forced to acquit him.

Not quite as simple as you make it out as there were multiple defendants, plea deals, conflicting testimony, etc.
8/19/13 5:05 PM
UGCTT_Fillthy
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just to keep the facts straight, the jury did not ask if they could convict TooLimp on a lesser charge. It was another defendent. 

The prosecutor decided not to pursue the lesser charge because of the liklihood of appeal.

If Lloyd had been tried for Attempted Rape, he would likely have been convicted.

8/19/13 5:13 PM
Jack_Bauer
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rev Horror - 

Continue.

Fair enough.

So you would enroll your teenaged daughter in his classes then right? Since he did nothing wrong?

8/19/13 5:14 PM
UGCTT_Fillthy

Rev Horror - 

Continue.

In interviews with jurors, they felt that justice had not been served by the acquital.

But they felt they had a duty to deliver a verdict in accordance with the judge's instructions, and found sufficient reasonable doubt to acquit on the charge of Rape.

8/19/13 5:15 PM
ChaosOverkill
461 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

can someone post the direct trial or trial result transcript as official has been determined for reference in this thread?

8/19/13 6:34 PM
UGCTT_mrzipplokk
382 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator

Vote downs for doing my job. Trying to foster an atmosphere of rational debate.  Thanx guys.

MOST of you are clear thinkers. TTT

8/19/13 6:41 PM
6ULDV8

You're at 270 vote ups (271 now), and should not give a fuck.

Getting voted down should be worn like a badge of honor!  You said enough to make people react.

That's more than most of the losers on this site can say.

Do your worst faggots, and believe me when I say I honestly don't give a fuck unless I get frozen

Voting down is gayer than a bag of dicks and what most losers resort to when they have no rebuttal for an opinion.

Vote up good posts and vote down trolls.  Argue with a difference of opinion, you hopeless faggots.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.