UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> "Respected BJJ Champion Lloyd Irvin" - Joe Rogan

8/17/13 5:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
undisputed1972
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MARC BULGER - 
undisputed1972 - I'm glad more people are coming to realise what sort of person Joe Rogan is.
And what type of person is Joe Rogan since you know him so good. Phone Post

Marc, I encourage you listen to his podcasts or public opinions of many important issues and see if you can recognise his overall agenda/allegiance? There's no quick answer, you need to do your own research.
8/17/13 5:58 PM
ChaosOverkill
475 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wait Joe went out of his way to mention Lloyd in Vick's corner but not Ronda the Women's Champ in Mannys?

Lol c'mon Joe.

8/17/13 6:02 PM
tenchu
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Huey Freeman - Makes me laugh ,you've got boston politicians saying mma teaches how to rape,

Then on the opening night of fox sports one, in Boston, in the very first fight you've got Lloyd Irvin in the middle of the ring and the commentator praising him.

How the hell did that colossal fuck up slip through the cracks. Phone Post 3.0

Oh Jeez... that politician's statement.

Nice one, Joe and UFC.
8/17/13 6:04 PM
xaeo

what a bunch of babies lol Irvin creates monsters. That's why he gets students and that's why he's respected. worry about yourselves and maybe you'll be respected for something one day too. Phone Post 3.0
8/17/13 6:04 PM
ChaosOverkill
475 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

xaeo - what a bunch of babies lol Irvin creates monsters. That's why he gets students and that's why he's respected. worry about yourselves and maybe you'll be respected for something one day too. Phone Post 3.0

Hi Lloyd! Get your dick fixed yet?

8/17/13 6:05 PM
Mark Hunts Pet Monkey
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Huey Freeman -
kevsh -
Mark Hunts Pet Monkey - Lol what was Rogan supposed to say? "Here come Vick and his rapist trainer"? Phone Post 3.0

He didn't have to say anything.
Exactly. Phone Post 3.0
It was a premier of a new channel with UFC being given the honors, pretty sure he was supposed to make every entrance sound as significant as possible. Most people don't know who Irwin is, nor do they give a shit. This really had nothing to do with him, it was all about pimping the new channel. In some underground little known communities there are whispers of this sort of thing being called "marketing 101".

You can spend your whole life being outraged at this sort of thing, it's easy to do that, because marketing rarely reflects well rounded reality, or you can start recognizing it for what it is, and move on, 'cuz trust me, it aint changin'. Phone Post 3.0
8/17/13 6:06 PM
Zapruder
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rambo John J - 

not this shit again.

Stockholm syndrome
8/17/13 6:07 PM
ChaosOverkill

Edited: 08/17/13 6:06 PM
Mark Hunts Pet Monkey - 
Huey Freeman -
kevsh -
Mark Hunts Pet Monkey - Lol what was Rogan supposed to say? "Here come Vick and his rapist trainer"? Phone Post 3.0

Exactly. Phone Post 3.0
It was a premier of a new channel with UFC being given the honors, pretty sure he was supposed to make every entrance sound as significant as possible. Most people don't know who Irwin is, nor do they give a shit. This really had nothing to do with him, it was all about pimping the new channel. In some underground little known communities there are whispers of this sort of thing being called "marketing 101".

You can spend your whole life being outraged at this sort of thing, it's easy to do that, because marketing rarely reflects well rounded reality, or you can start recognizing it for what it is, and move on, 'cuz trust me, it aint changin'. Phone Post 3.0

no one else had that kind of entrance so far out of 6 fighters.

8/17/13 6:16 PM
likatiga
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I bet the culinary workers union would like a nice little summary of the Lloyd Irvin stuff and how the UFC & Joe don't mind having a rapist and rapist enabler in their midst. Getting praised on live broadcast no less.

Fuck Lloyd Irvin and fuck anybody who publicly gives him praise. Shame on you Joe Rogan.
8/17/13 6:17 PM
ChaosOverkill

Edited: 08/17/13 6:17 PM

let me guess, all the Irvin apologists are also "tough on crime" angry right wing types too right?

You want a system that would have put Irvin in Jail for his cooperation in the crime despite his flaccid half a man problems as a punishment based deterent, but Irvin is somehow exempt as a BJJ hero and should be left alone sans reprecussion forever even in the court of public opinion?

Classic 'murican selectivist hero worship!

8/17/13 6:23 PM
I LOVE GSP

not that it matters but I've lost a lot of respect for Rogan over this Irvin stuff.
8/17/13 6:23 PM
AlbertEinstein

Drugs prostitution and gambling should be legal. And Irvin is still a scumbag and should disappear. Do I fit your little generalization? Phone Post
8/17/13 6:26 PM
ChaosOverkill

AlbertEinstein -  Drugs prostitution and gambling should be legal. And Irvin is still a scumbag and should disappear. Do I fit your little generalization? Phone Post

who me? No, I'm generalizing people that want their heros to have special treatment and also want a system that would have put him in jail, not anyone else.

8/17/13 6:27 PM
Mark Hunts Pet Monkey
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Huey Freeman -
Mark Hunts Pet Monkey -
Huey Freeman -
kevsh -

Exactly. Phone Post 3.0

What are you talking about? Phone Post 3.0
You can't possibly be that lost. Phone Post 3.0
8/17/13 6:31 PM
ChaosOverkill

Edited: 08/17/13 6:31 PM

Look all I mean is, you can't be a tough on crime person and not expect at least the court of public opnion to fry the hell out of Lloyd Irvin. He got away with his involvement in the crime, be it helping to hold girl down for someone else, helping initially kidnap her or even just standing by drooling trying to get his pogo to pop.

8/17/13 6:36 PM
ChaosOverkill

Edited: 08/17/13 6:37 PM

and by tough on crime I mean crime with REAL INNOCENT victims, not what you were talking about Albert, those things you mention, I personally agree with should be legal and the situational attitude is more libertarian that anything, but Lloyd getting off on a technicality only leaves the court of public opinion to take the pound of flesh it absolutely should for what he admit to.

8/17/13 7:03 PM
Silhouette
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what joe needs to realize is his words carry a huge amount of weight with fans.

By saying that on a national broadcast Joe just sent him new potential victims.

Dont forget Lloyd Irvin's child custodian is a convicted sex offender with 2 warrants in relation with the crime

Lloyd Irvin is a deplorable human being and Joe Rogan is just ridiculous with the people and products he promotes
8/17/13 7:12 PM
MattBenwa
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For shame, Joe - for better or worse, you must answer to the UG for this transgression.

If you mentioned something about his BJJ creds, you were honor-bound to mention something about his creepy-ass rapey past.

Really very curious about what he has to say - he was probably the very last person I ever expected to shill for that limp dick rapist Lloyd Irvin, Jr.
8/17/13 7:31 PM
burner22
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tiides - How is this fucking worm still attracting students? Disgraceful that the ufc let him corner anyone at their events.
This! Phone Post 3.0
8/17/13 7:32 PM
gusto

rogan and jim norton just sat together for hours and talking about how comedians have the right to make rape jokes and you know, that's life.

Im fine with that, but then glorifying a rapist (alleged), makes all the words he siad in that podcast ring hollow.

"no one supports rape" no, not explicitly joe, but supporting rapist (alleged) and guys that use power to extort sexual favors(alleged) sure does give critics of you a lot of ammo.

really disappointed by this.

OH, AND DANA "FUCK YOU TOO"
-Colonel Slade
8/17/13 7:43 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ktaco - I think you can respect someone's skills/accomplishments without necessarily respecting them as a person.
Hitler was a heckuva painter.

John Wayne Gacy made a really good clown. Phone Post
8/17/13 7:51 PM
MisterFixit
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

likatiga - I bet the culinary workers union would like a nice little summary of the Lloyd Irvin stuff and how the UFC & Joe don't mind having a rapist and rapist enabler in their midst. Getting praised on live broadcast no less.

Fuck Lloyd Irvin and fuck anybody who publicly gives him praise. Shame on you Joe Rogan.

8/17/13 8:23 PM
Mark Hunts Pet Monkey

Hey don't get me wrong, I think Lloyd is a piece of shit. But I am just not that surprised that his criminal past is downplayed during a premier of a new sports channel. You have to take these things in context, or you'll have a coronary before too long. Phone Post 3.0
8/17/13 8:39 PM
Zapruder
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mark Hunts Pet Monkey - Hey don't get me wrong, I think Lloyd is a piece of shit. But I am just not that surprised that his criminal past is downplayed during a premier of a new sports channel. You have to take these things in context, or you'll have a coronary before too long. Phone Post 3.0

Talking about him is not playing things down
8/17/13 8:47 PM
tenchu
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Well, well, well..."

- Boston politician

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.