UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> "Respected BJJ Champion Lloyd Irvin" - Joe Rogan

8/18/13 11:25 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Abrtitans
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lets hope the Boston and New York politicians don't see this thread and use it against mma. Phone Post 3.0
8/18/13 11:39 AM
Lynchman
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reed Rothchild - 
Tiides - How is this fucking worm still attracting students? Disgraceful that the ufc let him corner anyone at their events.
This... And Dana said Randy couldn't corner Ryan... Smdh Phone Post 3.0

And it turned out that Dana can't prevent anyone from cornering a fighter. Randy could have cornered his son, if he wanted to. Randy not cornering Ryan was his own call, not Dana's.
8/18/13 11:40 AM
Lynchman
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Loge - Well he is respected for his accomplishments in BJJ much like OJ is respected for his accomplishments in football. It's not like Joe was espousing his moral virtues...

PS Fuck Lloyd Irvin! Phone Post 3.0

Agreed. Ideally, Joe would have never mentioned him.
8/18/13 11:48 AM
ArthurKnoqOut
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

serious bullshit. Especially after he called out Irvin, albeit very carefully on the podcast, and then APOLOGIZED IT WHILE SUCKING UP TO HIM...wow.
8/18/13 11:51 AM
ShawnTheBadger
483 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reed Rothchild - 
JeffersonDArcyChoke -
Ktaco - I think you can respect someone's skills/accomplishments without necessarily respecting them as a person.
Hitler was a heckuva painter.

John Wayne Gacy made a really good clown. Phone Post
Gacy was actually a good artist too Phone Post 3.0

From what I understand Dahmer was a good cook.

Ted Bundy was by all accounts handsome, utterly charming, and highly intelligent.

8/18/13 12:04 PM
Paramount Donkey
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill -

let me guess, all the Irvin apologists are also "tough on crime" angry right wing types too right?

You want a system that would have put Irvin in Jail for his cooperation in the crime despite his flaccid half a man problems as a punishment based deterent, but Irvin is somehow exempt as a BJJ hero and should be left alone sans reprecussion forever even in the court of public opinion?

Classic 'murican selectivist hero worship!

Are there any irvin apologists? Phone Post
8/18/13 12:10 PM
luctaro
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MARC BULGER - 
undisputed1972 - I'm glad more people are coming to realise what sort of person Joe Rogan is.
And what type of person is Joe Rogan since you know him so good. Phone Post

Well just from his podcast I know Joe chooses his friends on a "we have similar views" basis. He has been very adamant about this and has told stories about "kicking former friends out".

Defended Irvin from "bullshit Internet rumours" , laughed at his BS selling tactics on his website and offered to help him out.

Very friends with Mayhem Miller AKA "I will beat my girlfriend/sister and go to jail every year on august"

He is into that freaky "rape choke" stuff.
8/18/13 12:12 PM
ShawnTheBadger
483 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/18/13 12:37 PM
Abrtitans - Lets hope the Boston and New York politicians don't see this thread and use it against mma. Phone Post 3.0

And then find....

http://lloydirvinexposed.blogspot.com/

Which Joe certainly knows about, and yet still mentioned LI in a positive comment on-air.

Results:

1) MMA and UFC get a huge media black-eye.

And, for the good news

2) Then those (douchebag, stupid) Boston/NY politicians would bring up that LI drama FULL FORCE.  On national TV.  Which would indeed fuck over LI.

So, MMA takes a (justified and righteous) image-beating and LI getting his just-dues on national TV by a (stupid, douchebag) politician.

Which causes a moral dilemma and puts US (The UG) as fans of the sport in an interesting position.

Anybody, or everybody, or nobody could, easily send some e-mails to those Boston/NY politicians.  Include a link as above.

The UFC would take a vicious PR beating.  The NBA and boxing have suffered and endured similar PR fiascos.

LI would get national exposure.  Those politicians will not give a single SHIT about pissing off LI and his attorneys.  They will revel in the chance to do so.   It will create huge headlines for both (scumbag) LI and the (self-righteous, crusading, saving-the-children) politicians.

8/18/13 12:36 PM
AbrahamCondorTheThird
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i think its conflict of interest to say anything bad about fighters or cornerman when hes the commentator so he has to be respectful to everyone working the fights during the night Phone Post
8/18/13 12:39 PM
TommyRSU
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Disappointing. Really disappointing. In for Joe's response that will never come. Phone Post
8/18/13 1:26 PM
likatiga
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AbrahamCondorTheThird - i think its conflict of interest to say anything bad about fighters or cornerman when hes the commentator so he has to be respectful to everyone working the fights during the night Phone Post
So there's a rapist in the room. Choices are:

1/ Mention his rapist past (not an option, due to your "conflict of interest" theory)

2/ Mention him in a good light, giving him national praise for his accomplishments.

3/ Ignore him

Which do you choose?

Rogan chose number 2 and because of that he's an asshole. Phone Post 3.0
8/18/13 2:10 PM
SDONOVAN82

Ummmmmmmm Have any of you actually listened to what joe said??? He said, "the much respected TEAM Lloyd Irving" not the man himself!!

TEAM Lloyd Irving consists of a lot more than 1 scumbag and as a TEAM they are respected in terms of martial arts achievements and not social misbehaviour.

It amazes me how many people have jumped in this hate bandwagon without actually hearing the comments Phone Post 3.0
8/18/13 2:46 PM
N5Z
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SDONOVAN82 - Ummmmmmmm Have any of you actually listened to what joe said??? He said, "the much respected TEAM Lloyd Irving" not the man himself!!

TEAM Lloyd Irving consists of a lot more than 1 scumbag and as a TEAM they are respected in terms of martial arts achievements and not social misbehaviour.

It amazes me how many people have jumped in this hate bandwagon without actually hearing the comments Phone Post 3.0

1) I havent rewatched the fights but im fairly certain I quoted him correctly.

2) Plugging TEAM Lloyd Irvin is no less evil than plugging the man himself. You are right it consists of more than 1 scumbag. It consists of a great number of scumbags and No they are not respected. Any competitor or associate of the TEAM that was once respected left.

Respect: 1. esteem for or a sense of the worth or excellence of a person. 2. the condition of being esteemed or honored.

No amount of grappling ability of sport accomplishment will ever amount in any esteem or honor for anyone associated with Lloyd Irvin but thats just like my opinion man.
8/18/13 3:20 PM
SOO72
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe "Pa" Rogan was clever. ShawnTheBadger... do it.
8/18/13 3:22 PM
MisterFixit

THis so called respect for team Irvin is dubious at best.

Joe should have kept his mouth shut.
8/18/13 3:35 PM
Rev Horror

Edited: 08/18/13 3:37 PM
Eater of Sacred Cows, Pwner

He should have called him a respected "Coach", because he is.

1. He was AQCUITTED

2. See #1

Regardless of what conclusions YOU personally have formed about LI he IS a respected coach still. Even if YOU don't personally respect him.

I don't think Rogan said anything morally wrong or incorrect.

See you after my VTFD suspension for "defending a rapist".

8/18/13 3:41 PM
nesdaM

Rev Horror - 

1. He was AQCUITTED

2. See #1

Regardless of what conclusions YOU personally have formed about LI he IS a respected coach still. Even if YOU don't personally respect him.

I guess all his top students left his gym in the middle of the night out of respect.

I guess all the affiliated gyms left out of respect.

And he was acquitted because he couldn't get it up. Not because he didn't want to rape a girl while his friends held her down.
8/18/13 3:43 PM
N5Z
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rev Horror - 

1. He was AQCUITTED

2. See #1

As per the affidavit Irvin was acquitted after admitting that he did hold the victim down for others to rape her but could not rape her himself(despite wanting to) because he could not get an erection.

If you dont believe me give me some time and I can find you a source.

If you still feel the same after knowing this well.. good day to you sir I have nothing further.
8/18/13 3:50 PM
Rev Horror

nesdaM - 
Rev Horror - 

1. He was AQCUITTED

2. See #1

I guess all his top students left his gym in the middle of the night out of respect.

I guess all the affiliated gyms left out of respect.

And he was acquitted because he couldn't get it up. Not because he didn't want to rape a girl while his friends held her down.

Yeah, the article sited on all the anti-LI websites says that's the reason he was aqcuitted. The same source also says the victim testified he DID rape her. So I assume the internetz knows more than the jury who heard their testimony.

As far as students and affiliates. Imagine if your coach was accused... just ACCUSED... of being a child rapist. Without ever going to trial, or ever seeing the evidence, all affiliates would leave and so would many students. Once the tide has turned people go with the flow. They can jump off the bandwagon just as fast as they jumped on.

Now, I don't know the real reasons they left. I could just as easily fault THEM for ignoring the supposed "culture of rape" for so many years just because they want to win tournaments. OR maybe they did leave for whatever they said. It's irrelevant.

The fact is he was aqcuitted. He was not found guilty. The way this country works is, that means he gets to get on with his life. And he did, quite successfully.

The second fact is he is still respected as a coach.

So once again, I don't think Rogan said anything morally wrong or factually incorrect.

8/18/13 3:54 PM
IAmAngelaCoreysBottomBitch
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I didnt see it but im sure rogan was talking bout his about bjj. But what is he supposed to say? Its live tv you cant bring up the rape stuff Phone Post
8/18/13 4:00 PM
likatiga
154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rev Horror, it's not just the one instance of rape he was actually, admittedly involved in. It's the rapes since that his students have participated in, because of the culture he creates. Its the shady business practices and the false empire he advertises to scam people out of their money. He's a despicable human being and being a respected coach is no where near worthy of ignoring all the rest.

Shame on you, rape apologist. Phone Post 3.0
8/18/13 4:01 PM
Rev Horror

N5Z - 
Rev Horror - 

1. He was AQCUITTED

2. See #1

As per the affidavit Irvin was acquitted after admitting that he did hold the victim down for others to rape her but could not rape her himself(despite wanting to) because he could not get an erection.

If you dont believe me give me some time and I can find you a source.

If you still feel the same after knowing this well.. good day to you sir I have nothing further.

I believe you, but here's the point:

Why would a judge or jury accept his testimony over hers?

She said he raped her. She even named the person holding her down at the time. But for some reason he was aqcuitted anyway. And its not because he simply said "I couldn't get it up." If you or I get accused of rape today, and are brought before a judge or jury with an accuser saying "This man raped me, and there's the guy who held me down while he did it," do you think you would walk out of court by saying, "Yeah, your honor, I was there... and I did try to rape her... but I couldn't get it up."

Judge: "OH, sorry to waste your time son! Baliff, get this man a taxi please, I'm sure he has plenty of better things to do than sit here and listen to this. After all, he said he didn't do it!"

Regardless, he was aqcuitted. Bottom line. Period.

8/18/13 4:02 PM
likatiga

bottombitch, the choice to say nothing about Irvin would have been the best one. But Rogan supports him, that's obvious now.

Also, side note, it's been more than a month...you keeping your name? It looks good on you. ; ) Phone Post 3.0
8/18/13 4:06 PM
Alumynabjj

The Loge - Well he is respected for his accomplishments in BJJ much like OJ is respected for his accomplishments in football. It's not like Joe was espousing his moral virtues...

PS Fuck Lloyd Irvin! Phone Post 3.0
Uhm no. A better example would be Sandusky. Don't forget what he did.to his female students Phone Post
8/18/13 4:06 PM
Rev Horror

likatiga - Rev Horror, it's not just the one instance of rape he was actually, admittedly involved in. It's the rapes since that his students have participated in, because of the culture he creates. Its the shady business practices and the false empire he advertises to scam people out of their money. He's a despicable human being and being a respected coach is no where near worthy of ignoring all the rest.

Shame on you, rape apologist. Phone Post 3.0

I DESPISE rapists. I think its probably the most horrible crime a person can commit. The physical damage doesn't compare the lifelong emotional damage inflicted. I would order PPV of convcited rapists being wateboarded every weekend if I could.

Key word: CONVICTED

So you get VTFD for being an idiot and slandering me at the same time.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.