UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> "Respected BJJ Champion Lloyd Irvin" - Joe Rogan

8/18/13 4:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Rev Horror
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eater of Sacred Cows, Pwner
N5Z - 
Rev Horror - 

He should have called him a respected "Coach", because he is.

1. He was AQCUITTED

2. See #1

Regardless of what conclusions YOU personally have formed about LI he IS a respected coach still. Even if YOU don't personally respect him.

I don't think Rogan said anything morally wrong or incorrect.

See you after my VTFD suspension for "defending a rapist".

As per the affidavit Irvin was acquitted after admitting that he did hold the victim down for others to rape her but could not rape her himself(despite wanting to) because he could not get an erection.

If you dont believe me give me some time and I can find you a source.

If you still feel the same after knowing this well.. good day to you sir I have nothing further.

I believe you, but here's the point:

Why would a judge or jury accept his testimony over hers?

She said he raped her. She even named the person holding her down at the time. But for some reason he was aqcuitted anyway. And its not because he simply said "I couldn't get it up." If you or I get accused of rape today, and are brought before a judge or jury with an accuser saying "This man raped me, and there's the guy who held me down while he did it," do you think you would walk out of court by saying, "Yeah, your honor, I was there... and I did try to rape her... but I couldn't get it up."

Judge: "OH, sorry to waste your time son! Baliff, get this man a taxi please, I'm sure he has plenty of better things to do than sit here and listen to this. After all, he said he didn't do it!"

Regardless, he was aqcuitted. Bottom line. Period.

8/18/13 4:02 PM
likatiga
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

bottombitch, the choice to say nothing about Irvin would have been the best one. But Rogan supports him, that's obvious now.

Also, side note, it's been more than a month...you keeping your name? It looks good on you. ; ) Phone Post 3.0
8/18/13 4:06 PM
Alumynabjj
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Loge - Well he is respected for his accomplishments in BJJ much like OJ is respected for his accomplishments in football. It's not like Joe was espousing his moral virtues...

PS Fuck Lloyd Irvin! Phone Post 3.0
Uhm no. A better example would be Sandusky. Don't forget what he did.to his female students Phone Post
8/18/13 4:06 PM
Rev Horror
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eater of Sacred Cows, Pwner
likatiga - Rev Horror, it's not just the one instance of rape he was actually, admittedly involved in. It's the rapes since that his students have participated in, because of the culture he creates. Its the shady business practices and the false empire he advertises to scam people out of their money. He's a despicable human being and being a respected coach is no where near worthy of ignoring all the rest.

Shame on you, rape apologist. Phone Post 3.0

I DESPISE rapists. I think its probably the most horrible crime a person can commit. The physical damage doesn't compare the lifelong emotional damage inflicted. I would order PPV of convcited rapists being wateboarded every weekend if I could.

Key word: CONVICTED

So you get VTFD for being an idiot and slandering me at the same time.

8/18/13 4:09 PM
Ray Cappa

I was disappointed to see Vick working with Limp Dick. Disappointed anyone would still work with this fuck.
8/18/13 4:10 PM
likatiga
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rev Horror -
likatiga - Rev Horror, it's not just the one instance of rape he was actually, admittedly involved in. It's the rapes since that his students have participated in, because of the culture he creates. Its the shady business practices and the false empire he advertises to scam people out of their money. He's a despicable human being and being a respected coach is no where near worthy of ignoring all the rest.

I DESPISE rapists. I think its probably the most horrible crime a person can commit. The physical damage doesn't compare the lifelong emotional damage inflicted. I would order PPV of convcited rapists being wateboarded every weekend if I could.

So you ignore the rest of what this scumbag has done?

You want to concentrate on just the one instance of rape way back when? Ok, let me ask you a question:

You're in an apartment with a bunch of your friends. There also happens to be a 17 year old girl there. 8 of your friends start gang raping the girl. What do you do?

Slander you? Fuck off cunt. Phone Post 3.0
8/18/13 4:12 PM
BackOffWarchild
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rev Horror - 

If you're going to play the "it's not that he's a rapist, it's that he's a respected BJJ coach" card.... well, you're wrong again. He might be able to build a strong competition team (and go bankrupt with the IRS in the process), but it is well-known that Lloyd Irvin purchased his black belt for $10,000 from Leo Dalla. For this, Dalla was expelled from Jorge Perieras' BJJ association. Other than cherry-picking near-empty brackets in regional competitions, Lloyd Irvin has no real BJJ accomplishments to boast.
8/18/13 4:20 PM
BackOffWarchild
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Hey, it's totally cool to rape someone as long as you don't get convicted."

-Rev Horror
8/18/13 4:22 PM
ChaosOverkill
370 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gotta love the people that think because he couldn't get his popsicle to freeze and penetrate the poor girl that he just stood there and did nothing during the entire ordeal including the initial abducting/restraint of the girl.

I don't care what technicality you apologists want to harp on, he was there, and had enough to do with it and eager and pleased with what was happening to the victim until he clearly got coke dick.

He should be treated accordingly convincted or not and also as a snitch bitch that wanted to be considered above the rest of his accomplices for said coke dick

8/18/13 4:34 PM
Tiresias
200 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rev Horror -
nesdaM - 
Rev Horror - 

He should have called him a respected "Coach", because he is.

1. He was AQCUITTED

2. See #1

Regardless of what conclusions YOU personally have formed about LI he IS a respected coach still. Even if YOU don't personally respect him.

I don't think Rogan said anything morally wrong or incorrect.

See you after my VTFD suspension for "defending a rapist".

I guess all his top students left his gym in the middle of the night out of respect.

I guess all the affiliated gyms left out of respect.

And he was acquitted because he couldn't get it up. Not because he didn't want to rape a girl while his friends held her down.

Yeah, the article sited on all the anti-LI websites says that's the reason he was aqcuitted. The same source also says the victim testified he DID rape her. So I assume the internetz knows more than the jury who heard their testimony.

As far as students and affiliates. Imagine if your coach was accused... just ACCUSED... of being a child rapist. Without ever going to trial, or ever seeing the evidence, all affiliates would leave and so would many students. Once the tide has turned people go with the flow. They can jump off the bandwagon just as fast as they jumped on.

Now, I don't know the real reasons they left. I could just as easily fault THEM for ignoring the supposed "culture of rape" for so many years just because they want to win tournaments. OR maybe they did leave for whatever they said. It's irrelevant.

The fact is he was aqcuitted. He was not found guilty. The way this country works is, that means he gets to get on with his life. And he did, quite successfully.

The second fact is he is still respected as a coach.

So once again, I don't think Rogan said anything morally wrong or factually incorrect.

The fact that he was found not guilty doesn't mean he isn't morally culpable for things he did. It says nothing about "how he can go about his life", other than that he won't be penalized by the justice system. You are committing the fallacy of confusing a legal judgement with a determination of factual and moral truth. Phone Post
8/18/13 4:47 PM
BackOffWarchild

higherprimate718 - I think at best there is a lot of ambiguity about lloyd irvin

I think at best there is a lot of ambiguity about your moral compass.

FACT: Lloyd Irvin participated in the gang-rape of a 17 year-old girl while in college.
FACT: Every single person involved in the rape, other than Lloyd Irvin, was convicted.
FACT: The jury in Lloyd Irvin's trial, believing he was not guilty of physical rape, due to his not penetrating the victim, asked the judge if he could be convicted of an alternate felony, and were told no.

Lloyd Irvin is a rapist, period.
8/18/13 4:58 PM
AbbottMary
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BackOffWarchild - 
higherprimate718 - I think at best there is a lot of ambiguity about lloyd irvin

I think at best there is a lot of ambiguity about your moral compass.

FACT: Lloyd Irvin participated in the gang-rape of a 17 year-old girl while in college.
FACT: Every single person involved in the rape, other than Lloyd Irvin, was convicted.
FACT: The jury in Lloyd Irvin's trial, believing he was not guilty of physical rape, due to his not penetrating the victim, asked the judge if he could be convicted of an alternate felony, and were told no.

Lloyd Irvin is a rapist, period.

If you have any questions, go to http://www.lloydirvinrapetruth.com/

Also i think something should be said about the SEO campaign lloyd created to shut down people talking about this. He never apologized, or even admitted he did anything wrong. He just tried to sweep it under the rug. Pretty gross.
8/18/13 5:00 PM
ShawnTheBadger
339 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SOO72 - Joe "Pa" Rogan was clever. ShawnTheBadger... do it.

Anybody who wants to can easily get a hold of Bostion Councilor At Large, Steve Murphy "the UFC promotes rape" douchebag politician.

http://www.cityofboston.gov/contact/?id=11

I am quite sure he would jump all over Rogans "respected" comment if he was made aware of LI's past.

If someone sent ol' Steve Murphy this link.

http://lloydirvinexposed.blogspot.com/

Add a link to this thread for good measure.

Steve Murphy the attention-whore politician would take Mr. Lloyd Irvin to the national news-level in a heartbeat.  Exposing LI to "save the children, ecology, and bunnies."

LI would be fucked.

Joe and the UFC might have to weather some backlash over the "respected" comment.  Deny knowledge of LI's shady past and present, blah, blah, blah, "really meant respected at BJJ", PR-soundbites.

8/18/13 5:22 PM
ChaosOverkill
370 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/18/13 5:23 PM

The getaway driver in a bank robbery didn't hold up the bank therefore he is not a bank robber mentality is hilarious, such a cop out

8/18/13 5:29 PM
TheGoldenRule
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

officedrone23 -
Rev Horror -

OJ didn't kill Nicole. He wasn't convicted. Phone Post 3.0
Glenn Rodgers Phone Post
8/18/13 5:30 PM
TheGoldenRule
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BackOffWarchild - "Hey, it's totally cool to rape someone as long as you don't get convicted."

-Rev Horror
Not picking sides, but this post sums up what it appears he's saying. Phone Post
8/18/13 6:21 PM
MagSlim

I would like Joe to think about one thing.

His whole competition team left the house they were staying in during the middle of the night after a confession from a teammate.

Those people, his own team, obviously did not respect him, and felt the best thing they could all do in solidarity was to leave and cut ties with him.

So how is it that he is really 'respected?' That kind of thing doesn't happen to 'respectable' teams.
8/18/13 6:36 PM
chew22
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/18/13 6:43 PM
Rogan shouldn't have given him air time 4 sho.
8/18/13 6:45 PM
PrettyBoy
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Perhaps they are friends? I don't think Joe has any obligation to air someone else's dirty laundry publicly. But he does seem to go out of his way to promote him in a positive light. Phone Post 3.0
8/18/13 6:59 PM
cheesesteak
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Lloyd and Joe are friends and I also think that Lloyd may has given Joe some $$$$$ or hooked him up with a big fancy lobstah dinnah in Boston. And I think Joe is a scum bag for mentioning Lloyd's name in a positive light. Shame on "unpowerful" Joe Rogan. Joe's been known to be degrading to women in the past. He probably thinks that what Lloyd and all them guys did was just a big gangbang of a college chick who probably wanted it. It's too bad because he seems to be honorable in all other areas.
8/18/13 7:03 PM
Ocean6

Joe Rogan comment on this yet?
8/18/13 7:15 PM
Soup and Beer
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Concentrating on the CONVICTION is misleading. He got off on a technicality. He participated in a gang rape and tried to rape the girl himself, but couldn't get hard. It would be like if they forgot to read Charles Manson his rights before getting arrested then not getting convicted of serial murder because of it. Then arguing that he wasn't convicted so he must be innocent. Phone Post
8/18/13 7:20 PM
gtownhoya
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rev Horror -

Just because someone isn't convicted doesn't mean they didn't commit the crime, and it certainly doesn't mean that the judge/jury thought the defendant was innocent (pet peeve of mine is when someone says a defendant was found "innocent" - no criminal defendant has ever been found innocent, rather they are found "not guilty" based upon the applicable legal standard). Being acquitted means little more to me than the defendant was able to convince a group of folks who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty that a legal definition wasn't met. Nothing more, nothing less. Phone Post 3.0
8/18/13 7:20 PM
JJSFC
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It makes me happy to see the MMA community/UG call out Joe on this.

I really want to like Joe, I really do. He is intelligent and has done plenty for MMA and promoting the sport in a good light. But, he can make it really hard to like him at times with things like this and his cheap 'comedy'.

Rogan didn't have to say anything about Lloyd Irvin last night, but he did. Not only did he mention Irvin and not call him out on his exploits, he also helped promote his name in a positive light.

It's not as if Rogan doesn't know how the majority of knowledgeable MMA fans feel about Lloyd Irvin - Joe himself has caught a lot of heat for his wishy washy coverage of the shit Lloyd's been involved in on the JRE.

Sometimes I feel like most people on this forum treat any criticism of Joe Rogan as a cardinal sin. According to plenty of UGers, Joe Rogan can't do anything wrong because he often frequents the UG (only to plug his podcast, for the most part).

I'm glad he's been called out on his bullshit.
8/18/13 7:23 PM
cheesesteak
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Soup and Beer -  Concentrating on the CONVICTION is misleading. He got off on a technicality. He participated in a gang rape and tried to rape the girl himself, but couldn't get hard. It would be like if they forgot to read Charles Manson his rights before getting arrested then not getting convicted of serial murder because of it. Then arguing that he wasn't convicted so he must be innocent. Phone Post

Yup. It is very week and let's just say Lloyd Irvin had 10 horseshoes up his ass that day.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.