UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> "Respected BJJ Champion Lloyd Irvin" - Joe Rogan

8/18/13 8:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Joe Rogan
1089 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You guys are ridiculous, but for the record I said "respected camp" which is true when it comes to producing high level jiu jitsu students.  The fight involved a striker in James Vick fighting a wrestler in Ramsey Nijim, and the reason I mentioned that he was training with Team Lloyd Irvin was that it could be a factor in this fight if Ramsey could get him on the ground.  Turns out it was exactly that as he won by submission.

That's part of my job when analyzing matchups.  I look at what fighters are doing and what they need to prepare for in facing various styles and who they've been working with to get the victory.  It has nothing to do with the personal lives or the personal history of trainers.  My job when talking about a match up that's about to take place is to set the stage for the people watching at home and go into detail about what has been done to prepare and what can be expected in the match up.

8/18/13 8:42 PM
Kostakio
447 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Loge - Well he is respected for his accomplishments in BJJ much like OJ is respected for his accomplishments in football. It's not like Joe was espousing his moral virtues...

PS Fuck Lloyd Irvin! Phone Post 3.0
Exactly. Why are people jumping all over Joe for this. What was he supposed to do as a commentator? Ignore Vick's entourage or even worse say something along the lines of, "That guy is a rapist."? Phone Post 3.0
8/18/13 8:46 PM
cheesesteak
227 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe Rogan - 

You guys are ridiculous, but for the record I said "respected camp" which is true when it comes to producing high level jiu jitsu students.  The fight involved a striker in James Vick fighting a wrestler in Ramsey Nijim, and the reason I mentioned that he was training with Team Lloyd Irvin was that it could be a factor in this fight if Ramsey could get him on the ground.  Turns out it was exactly that as he won by submission.

That's part of my job when analyzing matchups.  I look at what fighters are doing and what they need to prepare for in facing various styles and who they've been working with to get the victory.  It has nothing to do with the personal lives or the personal history of trainers.  My job when talking about a match up that's about to take place is to set the stage for the people watching at home and go into detail about what has been done to prepare and what can be expected in the match up.

Sorry Joe but Team Lloyd Irvin aint shit. There were other grapplers fighting that had been taught by people who would submit Lloyd Irvin six ways to Sunday that you didn't mention. Why mention this piece of shit. He has no real bjj accomplishments, he bought his belt. he HAD a team of powerful purples and brown that he didn't even bring up.

Joe, I have always respected you and your podcast has molded my life in a very positive way when I got out of detox and turned my life around. it was your podcast, your insights on l;ife and theories about the universe and all that fun stuff and excellent guests you had on that helped bring me out of the darkest period of my life.

It just really bums me to the max to hear you say anything respectful about this piece of shit that didn't rape a girl because he wanted to but couldn't get it up. Not only that but he is a greedy snake oil salesman, a huckster and a charlatan. Please Joe, for the love of god!!! Don't compliment this world class piece of shit anymore. Everyone on the OG despises him and we all love you. Don't muddy your awesomeness Joe!
8/18/13 8:52 PM
wiggum
274 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe Rogan - 

Part of your job as a human on Earth is to not provide free advertising for rapists.
8/18/13 8:52 PM
likatiga
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe, you deserve respect for showing up, but you're wrong.

Don't give the rapist props on national television, it's that fucking simple. Ignore the cunt or be associated with him. You consciously made that choice. Hiding behind your job is bullshit. Phone Post 3.0
8/18/13 8:54 PM
TheGoldenRule
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Maybe a letter was sent"

"Really, fuckface"? Phone Post
8/18/13 9:12 PM
Joe Rogan
1089 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

likatiga - Joe, you deserve respect for showing up, but you're wrong.

Don't give the rapist props on national television, it's that fucking simple. Ignore the cunt or be associated with him. You consciously made that choice. Hiding behind your job is bullshit. Phone Post 3.0

I respect where you guys are coming from and I'll give it serious consideration in the future.  

8/18/13 9:12 PM
The Principal
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Incredible respect for Joe Rogan for posting on this thread. Agree or disagree with him, many people in his position wouldn't have responded. Phone Post 3.0
8/18/13 9:14 PM
AlexanderTheGOAT
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Respect to Joe to coming on here and explaining which he doesn't have to do. Phone Post 3.0
8/18/13 9:16 PM
TheGoldenRule
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe Rogan -

I respect where you guys are coming from and I'll give it serious consideration in the future.  

Propers, Joe.
And thanx for acknowledging Phone Post
8/18/13 9:18 PM
BackOffWarchild
282 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe Rogan - 

Thank you.
8/18/13 9:21 PM
Allen Hood

Respected in BJJ that is it. No way shape or Form did joe say he was a well respected guy. No way. Phone Post 3.0
8/18/13 9:22 PM
gusto

Joe Rogan - 

we are not ridiculous, or "silly bitches" in the parlance you often use to avoid criticism.

You didnt have to mention his name

You didnt have to suck up to him on your show

You could see if Mike Fowler, Ryan Hall or Keenan could do your show to talk about the "cult" of Lloyd Irvin.

On a more lighthearted note, I thought it was funny that during the Ian McCall show you said guys in the old days didnt know how to train meanwhile you train with kettlebells (things are like 300 years old)

Love your show, love your work. That is why this TLI bullshit is so bothersome
8/18/13 9:23 PM
Kostakio
447 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AlexanderTheGOAT - Respect to Joe to coming on here and explaining which he doesn't have to do. Phone Post 3.0
. Phone Post 3.0
8/18/13 9:30 PM
EazyG

Perfect summary.

I think Joe tries to stay on good terms with folks and doesnt want to cause controversy. As an entertainer that is understandable.

But LlimpDick Irvin has crossed way over the line. Please call him out for being a despicable human being or at least give him no attention.

Some kids could be watching UFC and hear Joe mention Llimp Dick. Maybe they live near TLI and decide to join Llimp's school. Does Joe want to help that possible outcome?
8/18/13 9:30 PM
Lux Fixxins

Who Lloyd Irving? Phone Post 3.0
8/18/13 9:36 PM
UGCTT_Dinamita
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe Rogan -

For your consideration

http://www.lloydirvinrapetruth.com/

http://lloydirvinexposed.blogspot.com/ Phone Post 3.0
8/18/13 9:41 PM
Rival School

Lux Fixxins - Who Lloyd Irving? Phone Post 3.0
A man who didn't rape someone but is called a rapist. Phone Post 3.0
8/18/13 9:46 PM
UGCTT_Fillthy
203 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

respected camps don't gang rape their female students.

respected coaches don't pay for the legal defense of said rapists.

It's really not that hard to understand, and shouldn't take much 'consideration'.

8/18/13 9:49 PM
ChaosOverkill
457 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Lloyd hadn't been able to accompany him would you have still mentioned it Joe?

8/18/13 9:51 PM
likatiga
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe, I'm here on the underground because you mentioned it once on a UFC broadcast. I really hope some mother doesn't take her young daughter to Lloyd Irvin's school because you praised him on a UFC broadcast.

Complete respect for coming here, you've always manned up as far as I can tell, but please know the weight of your words. I don't get fired up about much, but this here topic has me all in a tizzy. Phone Post 3.0
8/18/13 9:51 PM
BackOffWarchild
282 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rival School - 
Lux Fixxins - Who Lloyd Irving? Phone Post 3.0
A man who didn't rape someone but is called a rapist. Phone Post 3.0

Jesus, THIS motherfucker in every Lloyd Irvin thread. How's taste Lloyd's big pee pee?
8/18/13 9:53 PM
AbrahamCondorTheThird

likatiga... its not theory, its truth, dont hate me cuz you aint me!!! Phone Post
8/18/13 10:04 PM
likatiga

AbrahamCondorTheThird - likatiga... its not theory, its truth, dont hate me cuz you aint me!!! Phone Post
Wat? Phone Post 3.0
8/18/13 10:20 PM
wiggum
274 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Fillthy - 

respected camps don't gang rape their female students.

respected coaches don't pay for the legal defense of said rapists.

It's really not that hard to understand, and shouldn't take much 'consideration'.

Voted up

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.