UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> If Blackzilians really paid Reem $500k

8/20/13 9:44 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hikikomori
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AJDavis - You know, lots of the people in the business took years to build guys from various stages in their careers. Glen went out and started buying these fighters off these people. Unethical enough, but you could say its business, although its stupid business from an economical stand point, because the numbers paid would never reflect the possible revenue brought back. The worse part in this, is the fact that most of the guys that went to BZ, saw their careers take a down turn, if not be ruined. Its a sorry story. There are no short cuts, nor no miracles in MMA. If you want a winning team, money is not enough. You need leadership and experience. Ego will never replace that.

Which careers were ruined?

Melvin and? the rest of the BZs left American Top Team long before there even was a Blackzilian team (Big Foot, Jorge Santiago, Jayzee, Villafort brothers)

Vitor is doing damn well
Michael Johnson has omproved
Rashad is who Rashad is going to be.

Are you blaming the blackzilians for Reems lack of success? the guy failed drug tests and brings in his own coaches and training partners.

Please tell me what you know about the Blackzilians outside of Forum chatter.
8/20/13 11:29 AM
Dana Stern

The Blackzillians seem to actually be doing well at the moment and going to have ups and downs as does any team. In the end its the fighters who make up the team and if they are happy with where they're at and are making money and becoming successful then that's what matters. MMA Gyms and teams are going to change and evolve with how they are developed especially with the more money that comes into the sport. It's all part of the evolution of the sport. Phone Post
8/20/13 11:44 AM
GWizz

Is Reem even still with the Blackzilians? It seems like he left to train with Mikes Gym. No blackzilian mention on the banner and announced as fighting out of amsterdam.
8/20/13 12:07 PM
dunchurrn
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hikikomori - 
AJDavis - You know, lots of the people in the business took years to build guys from various stages in their careers. Glen went out and started buying these fighters off these people. Unethical enough, but you could say its business, although its stupid business from an economical stand point, because the numbers paid would never reflect the possible revenue brought back. The worse part in this, is the fact that most of the guys that went to BZ, saw their careers take a down turn, if not be ruined. Its a sorry story. There are no short cuts, nor no miracles in MMA. If you want a winning team, money is not enough. You need leadership and experience. Ego will never replace that.

Melvin and? the rest of the BZs left American Top Team long before there even was a Blackzilian team (Big Foot, Jorge Santiago, Jayzee, Villafort brothers)

Vitor is doing damn well

Are you blaming the blackzilians for Reems lack of success? the guy failed drug tests and brings in his own coaches and training partners.

Well since he's Bigfoot Silva's manager I think he knows a bit more about the Blackzilians than forum chatter
8/20/13 12:44 PM
AJDavis
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I helped build and Manage JZ, Jorge Santiago and Danillo. When Glenn Poached Jorge Santiago off ATT, he was Sengoku Champ, making 120 k a fight, and we were working to get him into SF for something like that. So here comes Glenn, gets into his head, ends the deal with Sengoku, which would have given him a few more fights, and signs him with the UFC for a fraction of that. No need to mention how Jorges career went after that. Jz , who once was a top 5 155er, ever since he went to BZ, has never even been close to what he used to be as a fighter. Melvin? He might be a cocky fckr. But the kid, under Greg Jacksons tutelage, was a force in the 155 div. And what happened when he was poached by Glen? Same story. Danilo was already a difficult kid, I had put him into the UFC, and he managed to get himself fired by being fresh to UFC Brass after the fight he lost by fcking around. Overeem? Why, anyone who has been in this sport as long as I have, would know exactly what we have all watched in his fights, that he crumbles under pressure. Some fighters are like that, not meaning to dice him. but I would never have dished out 500 k for him to train at my place! Vitor? Vitor does his own thing, he is smart enough to take the advantages BZ might give him, but he is way to experienced to fall in to the traps that a situation like that presents. Bigfoot? He trained there for a while because of his friendship with Danilo, JZ and Jorginho, but he left when he saw the writing on the wall.
Jorge Santiago and JZ were built at ATT. There was a lot of love, effort and $ put into their careers. To me , what happened is a sorry story. I myself got SF to hire Guto Inocente. Everyone was happy and thankful, until one day, I got an e mail from Gutos father thanking me and saying they were going to Glenn, because Glenn had offered Guto $. There have been quite a few other fighters, at a good moment, who have been approached by Glenn with offers. To me, thats a piss poor ethic. I currently manage 14 guys in the UFC. Or I helped build them from scratch, or they came to me on their own 2 legs. I would never try and poach a fighter from someone else. And the careers I helped build, was without a ton of cash, but with hard work, care and honesty.
8/20/13 12:44 PM
AJDavis
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I helped build and Manage JZ, Jorge Santiago and Danillo. When Glenn Poached Jorge Santiago off ATT, he was Sengoku Champ, making 120 k a fight, and we were working to get him into SF for something like that. So here comes Glenn, gets into his head, ends the deal with Sengoku, which would have given him a few more fights, and signs him with the UFC for a fraction of that. No need to mention how Jorges career went after that. Jz , who once was a top 5 155er, ever since he went to BZ, has never even been close to what he used to be as a fighter. Melvin? He might be a cocky fckr. But the kid, under Greg Jacksons tutelage, was a force in the 155 div. And what happened when he was poached by Glen? Same story. Danilo was already a difficult kid, I had put him into the UFC, and he managed to get himself fired by being fresh to UFC Brass after the fight he lost by fcking around. Overeem? Why, anyone who has been in this sport as long as I have, would know exactly what we have all watched in his fights, that he crumbles under pressure. Some fighters are like that, not meaning to dice him. but I would never have dished out 500 k for him to train at my place! Vitor? Vitor does his own thing, he is smart enough to take the advantages BZ might give him, but he is way to experienced to fall in to the traps that a situation like that presents. Bigfoot? He trained there for a while because of his friendship with Danilo, JZ and Jorginho, but he left when he saw the writing on the wall.
Jorge Santiago and JZ were built at ATT. There was a lot of love, effort and $ put into their careers. To me , what happened is a sorry story. I myself got SF to hire Guto Inocente. Everyone was happy and thankful, until one day, I got an e mail from Gutos father thanking me and saying they were going to Glenn, because Glenn had offered Guto $. There have been quite a few other fighters, at a good moment, who have been approached by Glenn with offers. To me, thats a piss poor ethic. I currently manage 14 guys in the UFC. Or I helped build them from scratch, or they came to me on their own 2 legs. I would never try and poach a fighter from someone else. And the careers I helped build, was without a ton of cash, but with hard work, care and honesty.
8/20/13 12:46 PM
thebearbohland
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dunchurrn -
Hikikomori - 

Vitor is doing damn well

Well since he's Bigfoot Silva's manager I think he knows a bit more about the Blackzilians than forum chatter
*shit just got real Gif* Phone Post 3.0
8/20/13 12:48 PM
_33
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AJDavis - I helped build and Manage JZ, Jorge Santiago and Danillo. When Glenn Poached Jorge Santiago off ATT, he was Sengoku Champ, making 120 k a fight, and we were working to get him into SF for something like that. So here comes Glenn, gets into his head, ends the deal with Sengoku, which would have given him a few more fights, and signs him with the UFC for a fraction of that. No need to mention how Jorges career went after that. Jz , who once was a top 5 155er, ever since he went to BZ, has never even been close to what he used to be as a fighter. Melvin? He might be a cocky fckr. But the kid, under Greg Jacksons tutelage, was a force in the 155 div. And what happened when he was poached by Glen? Same story. Danilo was already a difficult kid, I had put him into the UFC, and he managed to get himself fired by being fresh to UFC Brass after the fight he lost by fcking around. Overeem? Why, anyone who has been in this sport as long as I have, would know exactly what we have all watched in his fights, that he crumbles under pressure. Some fighters are like that, not meaning to dice him. but I would never have dished out 500 k for him to train at my place! Vitor? Vitor does his own thing, he is smart enough to take the advantages BZ might give him, but he is way to experienced to fall in to the traps that a situation like that presents. Bigfoot? He trained there for a while because of his friendship with Danilo, JZ and Jorginho, but he left when he saw the writing on the wall.

Your integrity is something he can't poach. Keep your head up, you're an awesome guy.
8/20/13 12:49 PM
Hikikomori

AJDavis - I helped build and Manage JZ, Jorge Santiago and Danillo. When Glenn Poached Jorge Santiago off ATT, he was Sengoku Champ, making 120 k a fight, and we were working to get him into SF for something like that. So here comes Glenn, gets into his head, ends the deal with Sengoku, which would have given him a few more fights, and signs him with the UFC for a fraction of that. No need to mention how Jorges career went after that. Jz , who once was a top 5 155er, ever since he went to BZ, has never even been close to what he used to be as a fighter. Melvin? He might be a cocky fckr. But the kid, under Greg Jacksons tutelage, was a force in the 155 div. And what happened when he was poached by Glen? Same story. Danilo was already a difficult kid, I had put him into the UFC, and he managed to get himself fired by being fresh to UFC Brass after the fight he lost by fcking around. Overeem? Why, anyone who has been in this sport as long as I have, would know exactly what we have all watched in his fights, that he crumbles under pressure. Some fighters are like that, not meaning to dice him. but I would never have dished out 500 k for him to train at my place! Vitor? Vitor does his own thing, he is smart enough to take the advantages BZ might give him, but he is way to experienced to fall in to the traps that a situation like that presents. Bigfoot? He trained there for a while because of his friendship with Danilo, JZ and Jorginho, but he left when he saw the writing on the wall.
Great post. Thanks for dropping some knowledge on me.

Ive always followed big foots career and was shocked when he left att. I always wondered why masvidal stayed when his friends left. Phone Post
8/20/13 12:53 PM
man meets fate

DTAlexONE - What kind of fight model is that??

I thought the orgs paid the fighters. Do the blackzilians take his purse or something?? Phone Post 3.0

Its good business for jaco and the blackzillians name. If your a gym owner, you want to have the best and most popular fighters ob the market
8/20/13 12:58 PM
man meets fate

He might have paid a lot for these guys, but he gets a lot back because there all walkinh billboards for jaco and they don't pay them much of anything to use them for sponsoring. Its smart in a way cause jaco is the biggest mma sporting gear on the market atm
8/20/13 1:02 PM
Hikikomori

man meets fate -

He might have paid a lot for these guys, but he gets a lot back because there all walkinh billboards for jaco and they don't pay them much of anything to use them for sponsoring. Its smart in a way cause jaco is the biggest mma sporting gear on the market atm
Not to mention the supplement company they pimp. Phone Post
8/20/13 1:04 PM
AJDavis

I doubt that the effort is economically feasible. Who knows? I can only give my perspective on what to me is a very bizarr and sorry subject.
8/20/13 1:20 PM
man meets fate

AJDavis - I doubt that the effort is economically feasible. Who knows? I can only give my perspective on what to me is a very bizarr and sorry subject.

Mate your basically right. Its business ( very fucked up business) but business is business. These guys are here to build the jaco brand and nothing more. When all these guys retire, they will have a long list of people to want to be apart of that gym. Thats why its an exclusive gym for now
8/20/13 1:20 PM
Nuevo Haole

I seriously doubt what Glenn is doing is profitable in any duration - if it was you would have people with 100 times more disposable income doing the same thing - I dont know where Glen got his money from but the MMA team is rather obviously a rich guys hobby thing...

kind of like how ATT started?

8/20/13 1:25 PM
man meets fate

Nuevo Haole - 

I seriously doubt what Glenn is doing is profitable in any duration - if it was you would have people with 100 times more disposable income doing the same thing - I dont know where Glen got his money from but the MMA team is rather obviously a rich guys hobby thing...

kind of like how ATT started?

Maybe not the blackzillian name, but jaco is. Why do you think they're the biggest mma gear and clothing company on the market right now? This is all about money, and glenn authentic sports management and the jaco brand makes plenty of it
8/20/13 1:42 PM
AJDavis

Yeah well, time will tell.
8/20/13 1:44 PM
Nuevo Haole

jaco is. Why do you think they're the biggest mma gear and clothing company on the market right now?

source?

8/20/13 1:51 PM
AJDavis

Justed watched Pretorian tank here in Brazil. And they were doing like over 10 mil in business a year, in a market with no competition. I really hope that companies like Jaco grow and support MMA. Just seems to be a lot more bark then bite at the moment.
8/20/13 1:55 PM
man meets fate

AJDavis - Justed watched Pretorian tank here in Brazil. And they were doing like over 10 mil in business a year, in a market with no competition. I really hope that companies like Jaco grow and support MMA. Just seems to be a lot more bark then bite at the moment.

As much as I love jaco and guys at authentic sports management, there not here to help grow the sport, more so fill up their pockets. Which is what a lot are for these days. And true about pretorian
8/20/13 1:58 PM
UGCTT_EnderTL
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well this thread turned out to be more interesting than I expected.

8/20/13 2:09 PM
THERE WAS A GLITCH IN THE MATRiX

I see nothing wrong with what this guy did. he had $$$, loves mma and wanted to start his own team. you dont go out and get joe's off youtube you buy the best pro fighters you can get. SEG started UFC, Zuffa had big bucks and came along and bought it. UFC has bought out other companies or got fighters other promotions/sports have created (Lesnar, Kimbo, Rousey, Toney, tried for Alvarez). Hostess has the twinkie, how many off brands of twinkies are there? welcome to the biz world. How many employees in the world make their career at a company then left for another company when the big $$$ is offered?
8/20/13 2:14 PM
PUBLIC's_bsc_in_my_bloodyfluid
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AJDavis - Justed watched Pretorian tank here in Brazil. And they were doing like over 10 mil in business a year, in a market with no competition. I really hope that companies like Jaco grow and support MMA. Just seems to be a lot more bark then bite at the moment.

Pratorian has tanked?

They were all over every brazilian fighter a few months ago...
8/20/13 2:39 PM
Hikikomori

PUBLIC's_bsc_in_my_bloodyfluid -

Pratorian has tanked?

They were all over every brazilian fighter a few months ago...
Yup, banned by the ufc. Phone Post
8/20/13 2:56 PM
john joe
332 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web/editorial

any idea how pretorian tanked? I know they made a lot of promises and took out a lot of sponsorships and advertising which they didnt pay their bills on.

Ive no idea what actual sales they were doing, though my british friend living in Rio said it became a pretty prevalent sports brand pretty quick, in mainstream stores and stuff. Cant really see how they fucked that up

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.