UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> If Blackzilians really paid Reem $500k

8/20/13 3:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
fight4right
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nuevo Haole -

jaco is. Why do you think they're the biggest mma gear and clothing company on the market right now?

source?

Jaco has nice product but I'd be shocked to see how they don't lose tons of money. You can't buy their stuff at any retail outlets. They just have a simple website and deals with online stores like mmawarehouse.com.

They sponsor lots of guys but that is an expense, not a revenue generator. Just like the F3 nutrition company. Oh by the way, the guy who started Jaco is suing Glen saying he screwed him on their deal and kicked him out of the company. The guy who started F3 was also fired and is supposedly trashing Glenn's name all over the place as well.

As far as "it's just business" goes, I would root against Mark Cuban as well if he decided MMA was cool and opened a gym in New Mexico and offered all Greg Jackson's guys money to leave their gym and come to his. I'm a fan of the sport and will always cheer against an egomaniac trying to buy his way into the game instead of earning it like the teams who have been around and put in the work Phone Post 3.0
8/20/13 10:02 PM
burner22
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post 3.0
8/20/13 11:07 PM
man meets fate

Also I forgort to add that yes, sengoku was a better deal, but we all kbow they were about to go under. It was a sinking ship
8/20/13 11:11 PM
man meets fate

fight4right - 
Nuevo Haole -

jaco is. Why do you think they're the biggest mma gear and clothing company on the market right now?

source?

Jaco has nice product but I'd be shocked to see how they don't lose tons of money. You can't buy their stuff at any retail outlets. They just have a simple website and deals with online stores like mmawarehouse.com.

They sponsor lots of guys but that is an expense, not a revenue generator. Just like the F3 nutrition company. Oh by the way, the guy who started Jaco is suing Glen saying he screwed him on their deal and kicked him out of the company. The guy who started F3 was also fired and is supposedly trashing Glenn's name all over the place as well.

As far as "it's just business" goes, I would root against Mark Cuban as well if he decided MMA was cool and opened a gym in New Mexico and offered all Greg Jackson's guys money to leave their gym and come to his. I'm a fan of the sport and will always cheer against an egomaniac trying to buy his way into the game instead of earning it like the teams who have been around and put in the work Phone Post 3.0

Dude you can't buy moat mma clothing or gear at any retail outlet. Hayabusa is another major one, bit do you see any of there stuff in outlet stores? There are boat load of mma stores in this country. Hell, I got one 20 mins from my house.
8/20/13 11:13 PM
THERE WAS A GLITCH IN THE MATRiX
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fight4right - 
Nuevo Haole -

source?

I'm a fan of the sport and I always cheer for fighters I like regardless of the outside life drama. Fighting 1st, jersey shore drama 2nd fight fan!
8/20/13 11:20 PM
fight4right

man meets fate -
fight4right - 
Nuevo Haole -

source?

Dude you can't buy moat mma clothing or gear at any retail outlet. Hayabusa is another major one, bit do you see any of there stuff in outlet stores? There are boat load of mma stores in this country. Hell, I got one 20 mins from my house.
I've seen mma elite shirts at Walmart. I've seen Affliction and Tapout at major retail outlets. These guys are making money. Blackzilian hatred aside, my comment was in response to someone questioning an assertion that jaco makes money. Phone Post 3.0
8/21/13 3:15 AM
Jake Devree
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Beware. There's a new millionaire fanboy entering MMA management and poaching guys. Denovoathlete.com I know two people personally that had fighters poached. Phone Post 3.0
8/21/13 5:04 AM
AJDavis
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just stated the facts. As I said before, I am successful, and I do not need to go after anyone, much less pay them to sign with me. ATT did have contracts with these guys, but was so disgusted with their attitude that just let them go.
I get people who think that this is the way to do things, they try to justify by saying its just business. All depends on your moral standards. But to say that BZ is a well run team with a great Manager, is a fallacy.
8/21/13 7:09 AM
shatefak

AJDavis - I just stated the facts. As I said before, I am successful, and I do not need to go after anyone, much less pay them to sign with me. ATT did have contracts with these guys, but was so disgusted with their attitude that just let them go.
I get people who think that this is the way to do things, they try to justify by saying its just business. All depends on your moral standards. But to say that BZ is a well run team with a great Manager, is a fallacy.
Well it is 'just business'. Why would fighters turn down free money for you? Not trying to be a dick but I get why fighters do it. Phone Post
8/21/13 8:37 AM
fight4right

shatefak -
AJDavis - I just stated the facts. As I said before, I am successful, and I do not need to go after anyone, much less pay them to sign with me. ATT did have contracts with these guys, but was so disgusted with their attitude that just let them go.
Well it is 'just business'. Why would fighters turn down free money for you? Not trying to be a dick but I get why fighters do it. Phone Post
I too get why guys will take money and leave a manager or trainer that has been with them since they were nothing and worked with them for years to get then on the big stage. I think it sucks but I get it.

What I don't get is why a successful guy with all the money in the world who probably worked hard for it thinks it is ok to just go out and steal the success of managers and trainers who worked hard to get where they are by bribing their fighters to leave them.

I don't have a problem with rich people having expensive hobbies. They earned the right to live it up. If your ego needs to be stroked by being involved in a sport you like to watch on tv, that's your right. But why not spend the money developing new fighters and put in the blood, sweat and tears these other guys did to get to their fighters to the UFC instead of just waving money under the noses of guys already there?

The money gives you a big advantage over the regular guys anyway. Build a nice gym, hire good coaches, and pay the expenses of the young prospects as you guide them along. But don't just let others do all the heavy lifting and then swoop down and steal those guys once they get to the UFC so you can get interviewed on Sherdog and have cool pictures on Facebook.

It just isn't right and that's why I'm a Blackzilian hater. Phone Post 3.0
8/21/13 11:41 AM
KrisDonahoo
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In for good insight. Phone Post 3.0
8/21/13 4:42 PM
Macedawgg
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I call ATT contracts "Little UFC" agreeements--they are virtually promotional contracts and cover nearly as much as the UFC promotional agreement.  

No other management agreement I have seen covers nearly as much.

8/21/13 5:32 PM
thembones
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fight4right - 
shatefak -
I too get why guys will take money and leave a manager or trainer that has been with them since they were nothing and worked with them for years to get then on the big stage. I think it sucks but I get it.

What I don't get is why a successful guy with all the money in the world who probably worked hard for it thinks it is ok to just go out and steal the success of managers and trainers who worked hard to get where they are by bribing their fighters to leave them.

I don't have a problem with rich people having expensive hobbies. They earned the right to live it up. If your ego needs to be stroked by being involved in a sport you like to watch on tv, that's your right. But why not spend the money developing new fighters and put in the blood, sweat and tears these other guys did to get to their fighters to the UFC instead of just waving money under the noses of guys already there?

The money gives you a big advantage over the regular guys anyway. Build a nice gym, hire good coaches, and pay the expenses of the young prospects as you guide them along. But don't just let others do all the heavy lifting and then swoop down and steal those guys once they get to the UFC so you can get interviewed on Sherdog and have cool pictures on Facebook.

So you don't blame the fighter who leaves their lifelong trainer/manager, but you blame a businessman for offering a lucrative deal? That doesn't make any sense.

Putting together a team of mercenaries doesn't really seem like a great formula for success, but why would you blame the businessman and not the fighter as well? Its like blaming the random other guy and not the cheating GF.
8/21/13 7:52 PM
fight4right

thembones -
fight4right - 
shatefak -

So you don't blame the fighter who leaves their lifelong trainer/manager, but you blame a businessman for offering a lucrative deal? That doesn't make any sense.

Putting together a team of mercenaries doesn't really seem like a great formula for success, but why would you blame the businessman and not the fighter as well? Its like blaming the random other guy and not the cheating GF.
I never said I don't blame the fighters. I said I understand why they sacrifice loyalty for money. I root against them every time.

What I don't get is why the money guy can't just go about it the right way and build the team over time. Start with young guys and build them. Take the losses and the wins along the way and enjoy the success of guiding someone to the UFC.

How gratifying is it to steal away someone who already made it by paying him to be in your team? And don't you care that the guys who were with him for the journey get screwed and left behind? Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.