UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Pro's reactions to Sonnen submitting Rua

8/18/13 1:10 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

With the rise of social media, the world no longer has to wait for an interview to get opinions of fighters on their peers. Tonight Twitter was a buzz with thoughts about Chael Sonnen submitting Mauricio Rua:

@vitorbelfort: @sonnench let's fight Why u are asking for wand , u have to fight me. Lets do it @danawhite @lorenzofertitta

@lyotomachida: Since @vitorbelfort hasn't accepted our fight,I am sure that @danawhite can match me against @sonnench

@jonnybones: Not bad Chael

@PhilMrWonderful: Enough is enough... I want to fight @sonnench for the whole country of Brazil!  Name a time, name a date and bring your face!

@CungLe185: @sonnench is a beast. Who thought he would win by a sub!!! @ufc delivered big for the fans and @FOXSports1 RT

@unclecreepymma: @sonnench well done sir. Game plan game plan game plan always wins it

@ChrisWeidmanUFC: Chael looked great

@bisping: Wow!!! Amazing work by @sonnench

@kennyflorian: THAT right thurrrr...was the best performance of @sonnench's career! Wow! Shogun is a true legend. #ufc #The1IsHere

@BrianStann: “@BjjJp: @BrianStann Nobody respects Chael's underrated submission game” hahaha I do ;

read entire article...

8/18/13 1:14 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
3 Sided Square
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

smh kenny
8/18/13 1:14 AM
Rudi
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phil davis Pls go.

Lol at what brian stann said! Phone Post
8/18/13 1:15 AM
Hocky Balboa
7876 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"@jonnybones: Not bad Chael"

8/18/13 1:15 AM
Mihow
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't believe the world tweets but thank god I get to read Kenny's mental confusion in broken word form Phone Post 3.0
8/18/13 1:16 AM
RicGillespie

Like Stann's and Cung's the best. Two super classy gentlemen.
8/18/13 1:17 AM
OGT

Haha that's awesome. I'm so happy for him that was a fuckin sick performance Phone Post
8/18/13 1:19 AM
iShatswhenWeidmanBassoondSilva
222 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How did people not see this happening? Okay the sub was a suprise but i don't think it was  a secret Chael was gonna smother Rua until he gassed/tapped???

8/18/13 1:21 AM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Belfort wants to fight? Awesome!!!! Phone Post 3.0
8/18/13 1:22 AM
DanTheWolfman

Edited: 08/18/13 1:23 AM
Me at presser if I was there, "Congrats Chael, that was a huge submission victory over a legend in the sport! Having said that, your not known for going to your back, did part of you take that risk to go all in on the guillotine because you perhaps were worried your cardio might not have been up to par for a five round fight? Was that a calculated risk that happened to have worked out really well for you or am I completely off base?"
8/18/13 1:22 AM
Hocky Balboa
7876 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mihow - I can't believe the world tweets but thank god I get to read Kenny's mental confusion in broken word form Phone Post 3.0

He was Gettin' Chingy Wit It.

8/18/13 1:26 AM
ArtisticStrength
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phil Davis is hilarious. Chael has everyone worked up. 

8/18/13 1:30 AM
rufus

Chael rustles many jimmies.

8/18/13 1:32 AM
Tiresias
306 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

These are tweetastic!

8/18/13 1:33 AM
Jumbo Reverse Shrimp
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL at Vitor calling out Chael and Lyoto calling out Chael while accusing Vitor of ducking him.
8/18/13 1:34 AM
Tiresias
306 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DanTheWolfman - Me at presser if I was there, "Congrats Chael, that was a huge submission victory over a legend in the sport! Having said that, your not known for going to your back, did part of you take that risk to go all in on the guillotine because you perhaps were worried your cardio might not have been up to par for a five round fight? Was that a calculated risk that happened to have worked out really well for you or am I completely off base?"

That's why you should have been there for a huge presser victory and legend in the sport!

8/18/13 1:36 AM
Andyj45

DanTheWolfman - Me at presser if I was there, "Congrats Chael, that was a huge submission victory over a legend in the sport! Having said that, your not known for going to your back, did part of you take that risk to go all in on the guillotine because you perhaps were worried your cardio might not have been up to par for a five round fight? Was that a calculated risk that happened to have worked out really well for you or am I completely off base?"
Ha Phone Post
8/18/13 1:37 AM
DanTheWolfman

Would Chael go off on me, or answer honestly yes or no, just new it was end of the round?

I suspect I am correct however, and if Chael would answer honestly to something like that than he is a true HOSS.

I don't really want to make bad blood though because we get along well and been trying to get a new interview with him on set for a long time now......
8/18/13 1:41 AM
Seats Taken
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

...... Phil Davis wants to represent Brazil against Chael Sonnen?

.... Isn't he from Pennsylvania? Hahaha Phone Post 3.0
8/18/13 1:42 AM
Seats Taken
174 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lyoto and Chael both calling out Sonnen, he should go back to MW for those fights. Phone Post 3.0
8/18/13 1:43 AM
Anderson P Sonnen
683 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haha, love Brian's comment :) Phone Post
8/18/13 1:45 AM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seats Taken - Lyoto and Chael both calling out Sonnen, he should go back to MW for those fights. Phone Post 3.0
I know what you meant completely, but Chael vs Sonnen potentially = GOAT of trash talk fights Phone Post 3.0
8/18/13 1:45 AM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio

Seats Taken - ...... Phil Davis wants to represent Brazil against Chael Sonnen?

.... Isn't he from Pennsylvania? Hahaha Phone Post 3.0
Phil Davis representing Brazil is like Sonnen representing Brazil Phone Post 3.0
8/18/13 1:47 AM
QtChristian
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They want some of that chael p sonnen money. Phone Post
8/18/13 1:48 AM
DanTheWolfman

Edited: 08/18/13 1:49 AM
Fudge it, I tweeted it, wonder if he will respond.....either way mad respect and good decision it turned out!!!!

Kinda weird given butt flopping comments in the past though lol.

I kinda have a strong hunch Chael new he was ready for a 3 rounder not a 5 rounder, and didn't want to be Dan Henderson in rouds 4 and 5. Just a hunch, maybe I am crazy.....

Man is busy working for Fox etc.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.