UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Dana White "Uriah Hall is not a fighter"

8/18/13 3:05 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hikikomori
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I love Uriah Hall," UFC president Dana White told reporters at TD Garden. "I have a great relationship with this kid. He's one of the nicest human beings you can ever meet. He's not a fighter, man."

"You've seen that before, you've seen when guys get into that whole high-fiving things and they get, you're in a fight. You're here to use your martial arts to win this competition and move forward. You're not here to high five and hug.

"One of the things I love about this sport is the sportsmanship that is displayed sometimes before during and after a fight, but it gets to a point where it gets ridiculous,"

White continued. "That's not what people are sitting home to watch, that's not what people paid to come into this building to watch, hug and high five and all that."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/8/18/4632862/dana-white-says-uriah-hall-doesnt-have-what-it-mentally-takes-to
8/18/13 3:08 AM
HandyDarsh
141 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh damn shots fired !! Phone Post 3.0
8/18/13 3:09 AM
Phisher

Can't disagree with anything he said.

8/18/13 3:12 AM
My jimmy got bam bamm-ed
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phisher -

Can't disagree with anything he said.

Pretty much this. Sad really. Phone Post
8/18/13 3:15 AM
John M
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hall just has no killer instinct, and I don't know if that's something you can fix. And it sucks cause the kid is so talented.

We can only hope he turns it around I guess. He might be on the chopping block on his next fight, though both of these losses were extremely close and could of very easily gone either way.

Hopefully Dana saying what he did will light a fire under Hall, or even the losses themselves.
8/18/13 3:16 AM
TuLegit

Bye bye Uriah. Man that hype died quick. Phone Post 3.0
8/18/13 3:18 AM
flowwiththego
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Uriah Jäger IMO Phone Post 3.0
8/18/13 3:21 AM
Papi Chingon
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There are many fighters, including Robbie Lawler, that have done this.
8/18/13 3:23 AM
Rickson's Aura
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

truth is, Dana White = Kiss of Death

We saw that with "the next Anderson Silva", Phillipe Nover. Dana again pumped up Uriah Hall. Hell even Sonnen said he's already a top 5 MW. Hall ends up losing the finale and now this. Dana banked on Chuck winning the Pride tournament. That ended with Dana complaining that Chuck wasn't following the gameplan has Rampage battered him.

Dana also set up what he thought were gimme fights for Chuck with Rashad and Shogun. Rashad was a TUFer who didn't particular look good against Bisping. Shogun looked terrible against Mark Coleman and a giddy Dana offers him a fight with the Chuck on camera. Again Dana was left with a "WTF" expression on his face after Chuck got KO'd both times.
8/18/13 3:28 AM
Proteus The Invincible

Uriah certainly doesn't seem to be at peace with being a fighter. A lot what comes with it is counterproductive to being a psychologically healthy person, and he appears to be struggling with that. I think Uriah's restlessness with being a career fighter says a lot of positive things about him as a person, but it's something that needs to be addressed and resolved for the sake of his happiness, and less importantly, his MMA career, if he decides to stick with it.
8/18/13 3:31 AM
sincitydc
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

john_d1974 -

didnt DFW once say this kids was pretty much gonna be the next big thing?

He had the same thoughts on Nover Phone Post 3.0
8/18/13 3:33 AM
GS27

So Dana didn't like Scott smith vs Pete sell? I bet if uriah had another spin kick ko dana would be calling him the next anderson silva. All Dana wants is for these guys to knock themselves into a shakey retirement Phone Post 3.0
8/18/13 3:56 AM
ChaosOverkill
519 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I have never seen a KO so brutal on TUF! There's one guy everyone is terrified of!"

8/18/13 4:01 AM
DanCrase
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Proteus The Invincible - Uriah certainly doesn't seem to be at peace with being a fighter. A lot what comes with it is counterproductive to being a psychologically healthy person, and he appears to be struggling with that. I think Uriah's restlessness with being a career fighter says a lot of positive things about him as a person, but it's something that needs to be addressed and resolved for the sake of his happiness, and less importantly, his MMA career, if he decides to stick with it.

Hall's demeanour and mannerisms on TUF didn't exactly paint a picture of perfect mental stability to begin with

8/18/13 4:02 AM
ChaosOverkill
519 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The hype surrounding him was basically the main reason the last TUF did any respectable numbers. Now that he has had 2 fights in the UFC that were less than stellar, better start to denigrate him!

Prediction, Uriah Hall wins by brutal KO to save his job then "This kid is legit, he can beat anyone at MW on any given night!"

8/18/13 4:05 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His issues are all mental. Probably a bit too harsh from Dana though Phone Post
8/18/13 4:12 AM
FONS

Hall has talent but hesitates pulling the trigger. He thinks to much. He could be a beast and on TUF he was but the huge step up in comp., has been a disaster so far.
8/18/13 4:17 AM
daba

This coming from a guy that never got higher than the level of boxercising.
8/18/13 4:40 AM
FreightTrain

Clearly, Hall is using the UFC as a stepping stone to Cirque du Soleil.
8/18/13 4:50 AM
thatcpjguy

Hall doesn't display the hunger necessary to be a high level fighter. He looked worse than when he fought at the finale.

Assertiveness and ability to impose your will is just not there. Phone Post 3.0
8/18/13 4:57 AM
ChaosOverkill

daba - This coming from a guy that never got higher than the level of boxercising.

Do you want to be a Boxercizer!?!

8/18/13 5:30 AM
Joey Jo-Jo Junior Shabadoo

I don't think he likes hurting people. He's done it before and scared he will do it again. He may not even realise it but sub consciencely he's holding back. Phone Post 3.0
8/18/13 5:33 AM
6ULDV8
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I never understood dudes buddying it up during the fight.

It is completely horrible to watch.

8/18/13 5:39 AM
Drunkie
191 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i think he needs cheal in his corner. during tuf you seen the kid question himself a few times. he didn't want to hurt people. cheal had to be in his ear telling him what's up. he needs that guy in his ear telling him it's ok to just open up and unload on people. he gets in his way being such a nice guy. cheal knew how to reach the kid
8/18/13 7:19 AM
pegson123

Maybe this was Dana White putting a rocket up Uriahs asshole

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.