UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> MacDonald vs. Lawler likely to happen next

8/18/13 9:43 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

At the post-fight media scrum UFC President White revealed that he is working on putting together a matchup between two of the UFC rising welterweights:

The Canadian welterweight had been asking the UFC for a second shot at top three fighter Carlos Condit after he lost to him just a few years ago at UFC 115 in a brutal TKO, which accounts for his only professional loss as a fighter.

Condit is awaiting his fight in about 10 days when he takes on Martin Kampmann at UFC Fight Night 27 in Indianapolis, so in the mean time the UFC has opted to move forward with another bout for MacDonald.

MacDonald will now face knockout artist Robbie Lawler in a welterweight showdown later this year, although a date and location have not been named for the newly confirmed bout.

UFC president Dana White confirmed the fight when speaking to reporters after the conclusion of the UFC Fight Night 26 post-fight press conference on Saturday evening.

read entire article...

8/18/13 9:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
thebearbohland
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's a bad fight for Rory IMO Phone Post 3.0
8/18/13 9:46 PM
UGCKIRTT_SonofJockstrap
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And MacDonald better be ready because he won't get away with 15 minutes of that jab against Lawler. 

MacDonald may be faster and more technical, but Lawler has the power, and the fortitude, to make this a war. Dangerous fight for Rory, although if he's completely on top of his game, he should be able to take this.

All that said, war Lawler!

8/18/13 9:47 PM
sgotwalks
1193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very interesting. Lawlor could propel himself right into a title shot with another impressive performance here. On the other hand, if Rory wins impressively, the UFC is really going to have to figure out this whole MacDonald/GSP thing.

8/18/13 9:48 PM
Vote Ups for Zimmerman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

awesome fight.

8/18/13 9:52 PM
Damaynevent

Robbie is another dangerous striker with KO power that Rory will be hesitant to trade or even stand with. I fully expect him to dive for Robbie's legs every chance he gets.

It's still a very interesting fight that I'd love to see. War Lawler. Phone Post 3.0
8/18/13 10:23 PM
HossPearson
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thebearbohland - That's a bad fight for Rory IMO Phone Post 3.0
Explain? Phone Post 3.0
8/18/13 10:27 PM
HossPearson
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HossPearson -
thebearbohland - That's a bad fight for Rory IMO Phone Post 3.0
Explain? Phone Post 3.0
^ Didn't mean to come off like a douche. I just see Rory being able to elude the big shots, jab, shoot and repeat. Phone Post 3.0
8/18/13 10:28 PM
spliffmood

The hype train ends
8/18/13 10:29 PM
sincitydc
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm about to explode in my pants. Great fight. Phone Post 3.0
8/18/13 10:30 PM
Vote Ups for Zimmerman

Lawler is a way more diverse striker than Ellenberger, he's a bigger guy too. no way this fight looks like burgers vs mcdonalds

8/18/13 10:34 PM
Malvert the Janitor
886 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post 3.0
8/18/13 10:44 PM
ELuke
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lawler is a dangerous fight for anyone. Ridiculous power. Robbie by KO Phone Post 3.0
8/18/13 10:45 PM
Malvert the Janitor
886 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mma interpreter -
RockMeAmadeus - hopefully, this will turn out to to be an exciting fight unless rory chooses to employ GSP's LnP or StandNjab borefest.
When has Rory ever lnp'd anyone? Gtfohwtbs. Even GSP has said Rory is not the next GSP because he has his own fighting style.

As far as jabfest goes, it takes two to tango. Jake stood flat-footed and was happy to eat jab after jab. You don't rush in on a counter puncher, that'd just be fucking stupid. Rory employed his stand-up strategy perfectly and Jake did nothing.

It was the first boring fight Rory has ever had. FFS, I'm very sorry that he nearly killed BJ Penn, but you guys are gonna have to fucking get over it some day. Phone Post
What does this fight have to do with BJ? I'm confused... Phone Post 3.0
8/18/13 10:46 PM
Vote Ups for Zimmerman

"he's not on Rory's level technically"

"Rory is just too damn good everywhere"

you gotta love dumb blanket statements like these. you'd think Rory has all but cleaned the division to say this. fact is both guys have one Top 10 win, with Robbie's being way more impressive.

8/18/13 10:47 PM
Vote me down

Easy fight for Rory.

8/18/13 10:48 PM
cfv
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think this fight makes sense honestly...Rory is top 5 on a winning streak. It would be fun to watch but doesn't make sense. Phone Post
8/18/13 10:48 PM
cfv
211 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doesn't make sense that is. Phone Post
8/18/13 10:49 PM
FedorEmilioEstevez
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vote Ups for Zimmerman -

"he's not on Rory's level technically"

"Rory is just too damn good everywhere"

you gotta love dumb blanket statements like these. you'd think Rory has all but cleaned the division to say this. fact is both guys have one Top 10 win, with Robbie's being way more impressive.

Yup Phone Post 3.0
8/18/13 10:49 PM
OneSidedWar

Lawler via Sh*t-Smash.... Phone Post
8/18/13 10:50 PM
ThreadRuiner

Rory will squash Robbie.
8/18/13 10:51 PM
UGCTT_RoryStyledMyBaconberger
811 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ELuke - Lawler is a dangerous fight for anyone. Ridiculous power. Robbie by KO Phone Post 3.0
This Phone Post 3.0
8/18/13 10:55 PM
allforroy
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mma interpreter - In before too much Rory hate starts.

As good as Robbie's resurgence at 170 has been, he's not on Rory's level technically. Agressive or not, he's not going to beat Rory. Rory is just too damn good everywhere. Phone Post
I don't know. He has looked simply great and I don't think that ends with Rory. Phone Post 3.0
8/18/13 10:59 PM
NFABeeJay
267 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mma interpreter -
RockMeAmadeus - hopefully, this will turn out to to be an exciting fight unless rory chooses to employ GSP's LnP or StandNjab borefest.
When has Rory ever lnp'd anyone? Gtfohwtbs. Even GSP has said Rory is not the next GSP because he has his own fighting style.

As far as jabfest goes, it takes two to tango. Jake stood flat-footed and was happy to eat jab after jab. You don't rush in on a counter puncher, that'd just be fucking stupid. Rory employed his stand-up strategy perfectly and Jake did nothing.

It was the first boring fight Rory has ever had. FFS, I'm very sorry that he nearly killed BJ Penn, but you guys are gonna have to fucking get over it some day. Phone Post
^^This!

I mean yeah the Jake/Rory fight wasn't great but that has been the only fight Rory has been in that wasnt Interesting. Kids got some serious talent but people hate on him cause he "seems weird"!

Odd. Phone Post 3.0
8/18/13 11:37 PM
PeaceThroughStrength

ThreadRuiner - Rory will squash Robbie.

Just like he smashed Jake?
Rory is good,but I doubt he would smash Robbie L.
I would put money on Robbie knocking the shit out of Rory before Rory smashing Robbie.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.