UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> When Chael hip tossed shogun...

8/19/13 9:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
517 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^Got out of it Phone Post
8/19/13 10:09 PM
Matrixkick
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

B/c I like posting these...

The one people were referring to earlier

Phone Post 3.0
8/19/13 10:18 PM
Matrixkick
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry not sure why some didn't post.

What would this be referred to? Sick toss!

Phone Post 3.0
8/19/13 10:20 PM
Matrixkick

Lmao!

Phone Post 3.0
8/19/13 10:21 PM
Wasa-B
259 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Matrixkick - Lmao!

Phone Post 3.0

HA! Sweet, esp the QB's reaction.
8/19/13 10:22 PM
Matrixkick

I'm assuming a Judo throw of some type. Uchi guchi something or another! Lol jk

Phone Post 3.0
8/19/13 10:23 PM
Wasa-B
259 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Wasa-B -
voorhees - Isnt this what Cyborg tried against Gina but ended up throwing her on top of herself?

I also remember a dude named Rob Smith hitting this against Rampage in KOTC back in the day.

I recall that Gina ended up on top but dont remember exactly how that transpired. I wouldnt get so hung up on the names when you clinch someone and try to lift and turn, spin, trip, etc them though. There are many ways to misthrow someone. Okami recently had a few against Belcher but Belcher kept on going to the guillotine, failing and then giving up position.
Yeah Okami didn't even care how he got it to the ground cause he's such a better grappler. I think Belcher even got mount and Okami for out of it totally calm in under a minute and back on top. No damage taken. Really underrated performance Phone Post

Well, im sure he cared but forgot about the mount, yeah, Okami got out of that pretty cleanly and quickly. Was just pointing out that when you drop, you are at risk of landing on your back at the same time.
8/19/13 10:26 PM
Wasa-B

Matrixkick - I'm assuming a Judo throw of some type. Uchi guchi something or another! Lol jk

Phone Post 3.0

You mean an Uchi Mata by someone wearing a Gucci gi?

RE: the Ronda throw, that is a good example of how far ahead Ronda is against the rest of the girls in terms of the clinch and wrestling/tds/judo, etc. She completely overpowers Miesha within seconds of the clinch and easily completely levitates her in textbook fashion...and without the gi.

Miesha's moving back while still being controlled in that head/arm actually helps Ronda enter the throw.
8/19/13 10:28 PM
Wasa-B

RockMeAmadeus - 
Letibleu - 

BELLY TO BELLY

:)

Weidman = BEAST

Anderson = DEAD MAN

Aint it funny though how Weidman had zero tds in R2 (not that it matters in the end) but he had a full clinch on Anderson iirc but didnt get a good td attempt off. He also shot in once but was off and imo because Anderson goaded him into a striking mode. But again, not that it mattered in the end...
8/19/13 10:28 PM
Matrixkick

Haha good shit ^^^

I know notta about judo terminology! Phone Post 3.0
8/19/13 10:32 PM
Matrixkick

Karo was a beast!

Phone Post 3.0
8/19/13 10:33 PM
dbeedy
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post 3.0
8/19/13 10:36 PM
ChipW
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sonnen hit that lat to the opposite side from most people, even harder to defend.

I was impressed with his guard. When he went for his second take down shogun ended up on top. Chael went for an arm in guillotine, didn't have it but used it for a sweep which set up the final guillotine from guard.

Who would a thunk it, the republican who said he would never be caught with a man between his legs, jumps guard to finish the guillotine! Awesome. I loved it. Phone Post
8/19/13 10:36 PM
Matrixkick

I'm having trouble finding any but Jacare (sp?) has some SICK throws! Wish I had more luck finding them. Phone Post 3.0
8/19/13 11:44 PM
TheBigBadBootyDaddy
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kings21 - Didnt Jones do something similar to Bonnar?
Jones did a double overhook salto. Phone Post
8/19/13 11:46 PM
caelrad
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As Chael gets better and better mentally he will become increasingly more difficult to beat. Phone Post 3.0
8/19/13 11:47 PM
TheBigBadBootyDaddy
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasa-B -
Matrixkick - I'm assuming a Judo throw of some type. Uchi guchi something or another! Lol jk

Phone Post 3.0

RE: the Ronda throw, that is a good example of how far ahead Ronda is against the rest of the girls in terms of the clinch and wrestling/tds/judo, etc. She completely overpowers Miesha within seconds of the clinch and easily completely levitates her in textbook fashion...and without the gi.

Miesha's moving back while still being controlled in that head/arm actually helps Ronda enter the throw.
Wrestling headlock. Phone Post
8/19/13 11:59 PM
Wasa-B

Matrixkick - Haha good shit ^^^

I know notta about judo terminology! Phone Post 3.0

It doesnt really matter, all they are, are Japanese terms for "hip throw," "sweeping hip," etc....it just sounds "japanophilic" because its in japanese.

But for real, if some Jersey Shore or hip hop playa came out in a Gucci gi and did Uchi Matas, they would be calling his throws Uchi Guccis in no time!
8/20/13 12:00 AM
Wasa-B

TheBigBadBootyDaddy - 
Wasa-B -

Phone Post 3.0

Head and arm, bro.
8/20/13 12:21 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
517 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasa-B -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Wasa-B -
voorhees - Isnt this what Cyborg tried against Gina but ended up throwing her on top of herself?

I also remember a dude named Rob Smith hitting this against Rampage in KOTC back in the day.

I recall that Gina ended up on top but dont remember exactly how that transpired. I wouldnt get so hung up on the names when you clinch someone and try to lift and turn, spin, trip, etc them though. There are many ways to misthrow someone. Okami recently had a few against Belcher but Belcher kept on going to the guillotine, failing and then giving up position.
Yeah Okami didn't even care how he got it to the ground cause he's such a better grappler. I think Belcher even got mount and Okami for out of it totally calm in under a minute and back on top. No damage taken. Really underrated performance Phone Post

Well, im sure he cared but forgot about the mount, yeah, Okami got out of that pretty cleanly and quickly. Was just pointing out that when you drop, you are at risk of landing on your back at the same time.
Yeah yeah for sure. I've noticed sometimes guys will get a big throw and over rotate or something and get flipped onto their backs as soon as they hit the ground. See it in Dong Hyun Kim fights sometimes Phone Post
8/20/13 2:39 AM
UGCTT_Fillthy
273 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No thread about hip tosses is complete without Tim.

8/20/13 4:27 AM
DennyBoii
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasa-B -
TheBigBadBootyDaddy - 
Wasa-B -

Phone Post 3.0

Head and arm, bro.
BOOM! That is a classic American wrestling "head and arm" VOTED UP. Phone Post 3.0
8/20/13 5:17 AM
Bucephalus

Matrixkick - Just to clarify

Hip Toss ^^^

Lateral drops ^^^ Phone Post 3.0

Lateral drop is correct..

However, the top gif is a sweep (harai). Technically not a throw or toss (nage). Not semantics either. It's different.
8/20/13 5:22 AM
Bucephalus

Oh geez.. I didn't see the other posts. ha.
8/20/13 5:28 AM
Valetudoshorts

Edited: 08/20/13 5:30 AM
double

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.