UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> When Chael hip tossed shogun...

8/20/13 5:50 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bucephalus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/20/13 8:37 AM
Valetudoshorts - 
Matrixkick - I'm assuming a Judo throw of some type. Uchi guchi something or another! Lol jk

Phone Post 3.0

That's O-Goshi

No.. more like Koshi Garuma.
8/20/13 8:18 AM
EFeeez
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post
8/20/13 8:37 AM
kicktothecrotch
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/20/13 8:38 AM
Rory and Diaz<br /><br />http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-iIQiX7dhEAQ/TuPflQivm6I/AAAAAAAAAIo/L-wxlLMbxDk/s1600/10001828.gif
8/20/13 8:41 AM
Cory Davis
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Fillthy -

No thread about hip tosses is complete without Tim.

That's a dad throw. Phone Post 3.0
8/20/13 8:44 AM
Bucephalus

Cory Davis - 
UGCTT_Fillthy -

No thread about hip tosses is complete without Tim.

That's a dad throw. Phone Post 3.0

I call that the "laundry bag".
8/20/13 8:46 AM
crazydave
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vote me down - 

im hard. 

8/20/13 8:53 AM
SirBadd
37 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I liked when Joe Rogan said that the first take down caught Sonnen by surprise and that it won't happen again.

Next thing you know.. Shogun tries again and that happens. Phone Post 3.0
8/20/13 9:47 AM
Lux Fixxins

Vote me down -

Lateral drop.

A hip toss involves the arm and head. Phone Post 3.0
8/20/13 10:30 AM
Aaron Becker

Wasa-B - 
Matrixkick - Just to clarify

Hip Toss ^^^

Lateral drops ^^^ Phone Post 3.0

To clarify even further: the first one is a haraigoshi in judo which is more a sweeeping hip than a hip toss though similar of course.

A hip toss is more getting under the other guys hips and lifting the guy over. Same same but a bit diff.

I would bet if you asked Tim, he'll tell you he did a hip toss so go fuck off with your snobby technique bull shit
8/20/13 10:31 AM
Aaron Becker

Wasa-B - 

Hip Toss ^^^

To clarify even further: the first one is a haraigoshi in judo which is more a sweeeping hip than a hip toss though similar of course.

A hip toss is more getting under the other guys hips and lifting the guy over. Same same but a bit diff.

I would bet if you asked Tim, he'll tell you he did a hip toss so go fuck off with your snobby technique bull shit
8/20/13 10:31 AM
Aaron Becker

Wasa-B - 

Hip Toss ^^^

8/20/13 10:59 AM
Fryedtakyama owns me, it's normal

It's a lateral drop, all about timing, and using your opponents momentum. I've landed one after about ten minutes of a wrestler teaching me, when I was grappling, obviously I didn't land it against shogun. Chael timed it beautifully Phone Post 3.0
8/20/13 11:17 AM
Matrixkick
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fobby -
Matrixkick - ^ lol yeah you're right. They're all really close. Btw and I don't remember where but Chael specifically referred to Maia's toss as a lateral drop but I see your point.

VU for pointing out my failures! :(( Phone Post 3.0
Quit tryin to be smart Phone Post 3.0
Phone Post 3.0
8/20/13 11:18 AM
8flat
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lat drops work very well in street fights too....tie him up, push backwards a little, as soon as he pushes back use that against him and boom...he's on his back wondering what the fuck just happened. Same with head and arm throw, pancake, etc.
8/20/13 1:25 PM
Wasa-B
294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aaron Becker - 
Wasa-B - 

Hip Toss ^^^

Dont get mad greener, this forum is all about snobby technique bull shit...and double posting....on a technique thread.
8/20/13 1:27 PM
Wasa-B
294 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Theres a gif of Alcantara's nice reversal on Faber in another thread. Those are the best kinds, when you use your opponent's momentum against him. Faber got launched pretty good on that one.
8/20/13 1:34 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
546 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wasa-B - Theres a gif of Alcantara's nice reversal on Faber in another thread. Those are the best kinds, when you use your opponent's momentum against him. Faber got launched pretty good on that one.
Page 3 of this thread I think Phone Post
8/20/13 3:32 PM
ThereCanBeOnlyOne

One thing i can say is it wasn't expected for me at least.
8/20/13 5:56 PM
JRockwell
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This is a really nice lateral drop instructional by Brian McLaughlin that was posted on this forum a while back:

http://youtu.be/NnHeCFRt7LI Phone Post 3.0
8/20/13 6:13 PM
French Toast
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.fightreport.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/fedor-emelianenko_matt-lindland.gif
8/21/13 12:19 AM
Built Like A Fedor
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sweet thread Phone Post 3.0
8/21/13 12:54 AM
Sprawl 68

Faber was tossed with the same lateral drop in in opening seconds of his fight Phone Post 3.0
8/21/13 2:38 AM
Black Belt Wrestling

NOT! I repeat NOT a Lateral Drop or a Hip Toss. The lack of wrestling knowledge on this forum is amazing.

That is a move called a slingshot suplex.

If I had more time I'd post a link but go to youtube or wherever & enter Tully Blanchard slingshot suplex and watch.

Your welcome
8/21/13 2:48 AM
ausgepicht

Wasa-B - 
TheBigBadBootyDaddy - 
Wasa-B -
Matrixkick - I'm assuming a Judo throw of some type. Uchi guchi something or another! Lol jk

Phone Post 3.0

You mean an Uchi Mata by someone wearing a Gucci gi?

RE: the Ronda throw, that is a good example of how far ahead Ronda is against the rest of the girls in terms of the clinch and wrestling/tds/judo, etc. She completely overpowers Miesha within seconds of the clinch and easily completely levitates her in textbook fashion...and without the gi.

Miesha's moving back while still being controlled in that head/arm actually helps Ronda enter the throw.
Wrestling headlock. Phone Post

Head and arm, bro.

AKA Pinch headlock.

8/21/13 2:51 AM
ausgepicht

Edited: 08/21/13 2:52 AM
Black Belt Wrestling - NOT! I repeat NOT a Lateral Drop or a Hip Toss. The lack of wrestling knowledge on this forum is amazing.

That is a move called a slingshot suplex.

If I had more time I'd post a link but go to youtube or wherever & enter Tully Blanchard slingshot suplex and watch.

Your welcome

Not even remotely funny. You know that when looking up REAL wrestling results online, we have to go through pages of bullshit, stupid fake wrestling? It's like a fucking curse. People who watch amateur wrestling are doomed to a lifetime of this. It SUCKS. So, by posting that garbage, you just became "that" guy.

I hope you lose a testicle in some bizzarre accident.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.