UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Sonnen vs. Rashad for new 195 lb. title please

8/19/13 8:46 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
CRE
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am tired of giving the UFC gem ideas that they will just ignore, but here is another one anyway.

The UFC has too many events and not enough titles.

Chael Sonnen coming off that win over Shogun vs. Rashad looking impressive against Dan Henderson.

A new division needs to be made, because 185 is too big of a cut for some guys, but 205 is a stretch because Jon Jones is 6'6 with a 86 inch reach fighting as Champ at 205.

Make a 195 lb. title. give us a big fight.
8/19/13 8:48 AM
CRE
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

700,000 PPV buys easy.

Cash this check dfw jr.

8/19/13 8:49 AM
Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like this idea.

Guys like Chael, Rashad, Machida, Franklin etc would be awesome at 195lbs. Phone Post
8/19/13 8:52 AM
Frobenius
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dead Again - 

Have a tournament.

Chael, Rashad, Machida, Vitor, Okami, Henderson, Franklin, Wandy.

Remove Franklin, add Bisping imo.

#STOPTHEHATIN#STOPTHEFREEZIN
8/19/13 8:53 AM
BobSherob
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's Rich's division.... Why rashad and sonnen... Oh wait I see what you're doing. Setting this up for the triumphant return of the greatest 195lb fighter of all time.

Well played Phone Post 3.0
8/19/13 8:54 AM
CRE

Don't forget Dan Henderson and Vitor Belfort either Fraser_Finlay.

195 will prove to be a loaded division, superfights are to be had between guys who maybe aren't able to be the champion at 185 or 205, but are very much in the hunt at 195.

Machida lost to Jones and it's not a compelling rematch, Sonnen has lost to Anderson twice so it's not a compelling rematch right now, Rich Franklin also lost twice to Silva and just got KO'd while looking sickly at 185, give him a chance to be at his best weight.

Mousasi doesn't have the right build to compete with the monster Jones at 205, but at 195 he could be champ.

The possibilities are endless and as far as the fans go this is an exciting idea.

Maybe make a tournament?

Just cut Vitor and let Bellator deal with him.

Looking at the big picture we need to have this happen sooner than later.
8/19/13 8:57 AM
CRE

Dead Again - 

Have a tournament.

Chael, Rashad, Machida, Vitor, Okami, Henderson, Franklin, Wandy.

This is just what I was thinking.

There is so much potential for a 195 lb. division, the 20 lbs. that seperates 185 and 205 is too much in a sport with so much depth talent wise.

I really hope this can happen, the sport needs the excitement this will bring, a new Champion will be crowned imagine any of those guys getting a UFC title finally, would be just awesome.

So many guys that deserve a chance to be champion and 195 lbs. division opens that door.

Put on a tournament.

8/19/13 9:02 AM
CRE

8 man tournament featuring -

Gegard Mousasi

Dan Henderson

Chael Sonnen

Rashad Evans

Rich Franklin

Vitor Belfort

Lyoto Machida

Wanderlei Silva

What do you think?

Chael Sonnen vs. Wanderlei Silva

Rashad Evans vs. Lyoto Machida 2

Vitor Belfort vs. Gegard Mousasi

Rich Franklin vs. Dan Henderson 2

Something like that?
8/19/13 9:06 AM
AMartElbow

CRE - I am tired of giving the UFC gem ideas that they will just ignore, but here is another one anyway.

The UFC has too many events and not enough titles.

Chael Sonnen coming off that win over Shogun vs. Rashad looking impressive against Dan Henderson.

A new division needs to be made, because 185 is too big of a cut for some guys, but 205 is a stretch because Jon Jones is 6'6 with a 86 inch reach fighting as Champ at 205.

Make a 195 lb. title. give us a big fight.
Jones is 6'4 Phone Post 3.0
8/19/13 9:08 AM
CRE

Edited: 08/19/13 9:08 AM
CRuisErweight IMO
8/19/13 9:12 AM
The Lysine Contingency

CRE - CRuisErweight IMO
Moderateweight IMO Phone Post
8/19/13 9:33 AM
Chadderz
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I noticed most of the fighters mentioned in this thread are gatekeepers or top 5 either in MW or LHW. I think it's a good idea.
8/19/13 9:36 AM
Van Terminator
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What if Jones cuts another ten lbs? Phone Post
8/19/13 9:39 AM
Attila
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No new weight classes! Shit just gets watered down. I'd like them to remove the heavyweight upper limit tough.
8/19/13 9:45 AM
CRE

Browne made me a reemtard -  No thanks. This would just thin out the divisions above and below it. Middleweight is already weak enough. Phone Post

This type of backwards thinking gave Steve Jobs cancer.

8/19/13 10:33 AM
Arlovskis Chin
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Van Terminator - What if Jones cuts another ten lbs? Phone Post
Not possible Phone Post 3.0
8/19/13 10:38 AM
DaleSonnen

if they add another division that just means there will be more PPV's and thats probably not a good idea.. Lets just stick to the ones we have.. A tourny doesn't sound like a bad idea tho, esp, if it was a one night one.. haven't seen one of those in awhile.
8/19/13 10:49 AM
cheesesteak
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree 195 is a good weight class to create. If they can do 135, 125, 115 they surely can do 195...195 would nave really badass fights and badass fighters.
8/19/13 10:52 AM
Lite
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good match up, regardless of weight. Not sure who I'd bet to win. Probably Rashad.
8/19/13 11:10 AM
THERE WAS A GLITCH IN THE MATRiX
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

no thanks!

this would thin out MW & LHW too much and I NEVER care to see bounce, jab, back away Rashad fight ever again. EVER! He's Boring as Fuck. The only finish he's had in quite awhile was Tito Ortiz. PLEASE NO RASHAD EVANS!
8/19/13 11:32 AM
Ip Man 81

CRE - 8 man tournament featuring -

Gegard Mousasi

Dan Henderson

Chael Sonnen

Rashad Evans

Rich Franklin

Vitor Belfort

Lyoto Machida

Wanderlei Silva

What do you think?

Chael Sonnen vs. Wanderlei Silva

Rashad Evans vs. Lyoto Machida 2

Vitor Belfort vs. Gegard Mousasi

Rich Franklin vs. Dan Henderson 2

Something like that?
I think Rich gets slept in the first round and Machida takes the whole thing Phone Post 3.0
8/19/13 11:38 AM
UGPTT_Rear Naked Chode
431 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vitor is already the Franklinweight champ,  no need to crown a new champ. 

8/19/13 11:41 AM
jragg32
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like the idea but there'd be even more fighters bouncing through weight classes when they get a loss or two. Not a fan of that Phone Post 3.0
8/19/13 11:46 AM
BatmanTookMyLunchMoney
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like the idea of a 195 class because it leaves room for some of the bigger welterweights to move up to 185. With a physically smaller division, we're more like to see fighters competing in multiple divisions Phone Post
8/19/13 12:14 PM
ryans
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm almost in favour, but the fighters mentioned are the best talent from 85 and 205, take those eight out and those two divisions suffer. I think it's almost a zero sum game.

Chael as a champ would do huge PPVs tho, IMO.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.