UnderGround Forums

What if ... >> Lauzon: 'It was 100 percent not my night'

8/19/13 3:20 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
906 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

On Saturday  night in his home town, UFC lightweight Joe Lauzon lost what was probably the most lopsided fight of his career. Although Lauzon consistently pushed forward and survived some big shots, Michael Johnson just seemed to be 'on' and cruised to victory. However, Lauzon made no excuses today when speaking with Kevin Iole of Yahoo, just that Johnson was the better fighter that night:

"It was 100 percent not my night," Lauzon said. "But I stand by everything I said [before the fight]: I had great sparring partners and I had a great training camp. I was feeling strong. I was feeling fast. I was feeling super confident and I wasn't looking past him, because I knew how super tough he would be. Just looking at myself, I felt I was in great shape and ready to go and he right off the bat took me out of my game. I never really got started and usually, I like to come out and be really aggressive.

"For this fight, it was the opposite a little bit. We wanted him to come forward and we wanted him to throw a little bit so we could close the distance on him. Some people think I wanted to have a boxing match or a kickboxing match or that it was me trying to show off my new improved stand-up."

"[UFC president] Dana [White] said it was one of the most lopsided beatings ever. I would have to agree. It was pretty bad. That was me at my worst, but I think you have to give credit to Michael and I was so bad because he was at his best. I watched the fight three or four times [Sunday] and he just did a really, really good job." 

read entire article...

8/19/13 3:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sycotik
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Still a fan! Phone Post
8/19/13 5:27 PM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tough not to root for this guy. War Lauzon!

8/19/13 5:27 PM
Devlin
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Liked joe's comments, very good sportsmanship in defeat, if i wasnt a fan before i would be now. Phone Post
8/19/13 11:56 PM
Wasa-B
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great insight there, most fighters arent that great at articulating the fight game, not Joe.
8/20/13 1:31 AM
iant
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe is the man. Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.