UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> I can outwrestle GSP, calling it right now" -Brown

8/19/13 6:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ChaosOverkill
473 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08/19/13 6:06 PM

It's a snappy quote to say you can beat UFC welterweight champ Georges St-Pierre in the way he's beaten most of his opponents in the past six years: wrestling.

Welterweight Matt Brown knows this. The thing is, he still believes it, and he's never been one that's afraid to say what's on his mind. It's just that until now, he hasn't had the big stage to say it from.

"I know where my wrestling stands," Brown toldMMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio). "It's simply a matter of executing those abilities in the ring with 'GSP.' I can outwrestle him. I'm calling it right now.

"It sounds f---ing ridiculous, and everybody is going to laugh at me, and I know the forums, everybody's going to talk about how I'm delusional and this and that. ... I know where I'm at."

More on page...

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/08/ufc-fight-night-26-winner-matt-brown-i-can-outwrestle-georges-st-pierre

8/19/13 6:06 PM
ChaosOverkill
473 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pulling a Chael I see... at least he knows how it will look to people lol

8/19/13 6:07 PM
John M
228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brown has been saying this for awhile. Seems like he's trying to start a beef to help get closer to a title shot.
8/19/13 6:09 PM
ChaosOverkill

Let's see him outwrestle a Koscheck or an Ellenberger, then I'll start to believe

8/19/13 6:11 PM
Mihow
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good for him, let him bang
8/19/13 6:14 PM
Leck Brosnar
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Let's put him against Pierce and see how he does
8/19/13 6:17 PM
Kentpaul
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP will retire long before Brown ever gets a shot at the title
8/19/13 6:21 PM
ChaosOverkill

Chaelismyhero - You got to believe you are the best. I like confidence. It is one of the most important attributes in MMA.

Makes sense, all of GSP's opponents said they were better, and they would finish him.

8/19/13 6:25 PM
sillyscreenname

He's not delusional, he's looking for a payday. Just like Diaz did. He's gonna take his asswhooping and his paycheck and then go home happy. That's all.
8/19/13 6:30 PM
blueheron20816
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ive personally seen Matt outwrestle D1 guys. Not saying he can outwrestle GSP, but I dont think hes saying this just for attention. Brown has never been one to say something he doesnt mean, hes as genuine as they come.
8/19/13 6:35 PM
ChaosOverkill

blueheron20816 - Ive personally seen Matt outwrestle D1 guys. Not saying he can outwrestle GSP, but I dont think hes saying this just for attention. Brown has never been one to say something he doesnt mean, hes as genuine as they come.

I don't doubt he's good, he's a well rounded fighter. Gsp has made credential mean nothing and other people's vast array of technique and practice accomplishments mean very little though. He has proven his karate distance closing style has no equal in traditional wrestling technique so far.

So Matt has his work cut out for him, I see too many guys trying to match shot for shot with GSP's technique and not focusing on simply techniques to counter GSP's unique style, I hops Brown finds a way to change that if given the chance but I doubt it

8/19/13 6:38 PM
Kings21
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have no problem with him saying this. I dont think he out wrestles GSP, but I dont have him trying to get the fight this way. We all heard Dana tell the media to put this guy on the map. Now is the time. Give him one or two fights against TOP competition and then if he gets by them, give him the champ....assuming of course GSP is still champ at the time.
8/19/13 6:47 PM
DoomFarmer

" I know people don't think I have a chance at all and that I am inferior everywhere in the fight, but I sure would like a title shot"

^^^

Would you dickheads rather he said that?

Come off it and quit bitching.

He has earned enough respect to be able to say whatever the hell he wants.

If you don't support Matt Brown you can fuck right off.
8/19/13 6:51 PM
RockTheVote
358 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1 - GSP's jab
2 - The introduction of the sidestep

Your wrestling matters for naught Phone Post
8/19/13 6:51 PM
Zaph
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DoomFarmer - " I know people don't think I have a chance at all and that I am inferior everywhere in the fight, but I sure would like a title shot"

^^^

I don't think most people are bitching. We know fighters need to believe that they can beat anyone. Phone Post
8/19/13 6:59 PM
ChaosOverkill

DoomFarmer - " I know people don't think I have a chance at all and that I am inferior everywhere in the fight, but I sure would like a title shot"

^^^

I don't have a problem with it, I jut gave a response on where I think it stands and that it is similar to Chael talking that's it.

8/19/13 7:34 PM
Johnny Tightlips
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It won't matter. Gsp will jab and leg kick brown and go for a takedown to counter browns attack. Then some ground n pound with elbows. Phone Post
8/19/13 9:58 PM
Rickson's Aura
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not sure that this guy has even faced 1 wrestler in the division and he is talking about outwrestling GSP. Give him Josh Koscheck or Mike Pierce.
8/19/13 10:09 PM
MMALOGIC

he should fight nick diaz or the winner of kampmann/condit.

8/19/13 10:25 PM
atma
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sure, he knows the sidestep already. No can defend. Phone Post
8/19/13 10:51 PM
FirstScratch
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nothing wrong with having confidence, but that doesn't mean he's still not full of shit. Phone Post
8/19/13 11:10 PM
used2wrestle
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought it was travis browne! LOL.
8/19/13 11:10 PM
PeaceThroughStrength

ChaosOverkill - 
Chaelismyhero - You got to believe you are the best. I like confidence. It is one of the most important attributes in MMA.

Makes sense, all of GSP's opponents said they were better, and they would finish him.

It does make sence.He shouldn't step foot inside a cage with GSP if he doesn't believe he can beat him.Hughes went in the 1st fight believing he was better,Serra went into the 1st fight believing he was better,and it paid off for both of them.Yes I know they both lost to GSP in the rematches.

Believing he is better then GSP is not a guarantee that he can win,but it won't hurt.
It would be cool to see Brown get a tittle shot,he fights his ass off and is on a 6 fight win streak.
Either way I enjoy watching him fight.
8/19/13 11:13 PM
PeaceThroughStrength

Rickson's Aura - I'm not sure that this guy has even faced 1 wrestler in the division and he is talking about outwrestling GSP. Give him Josh Koscheck or Mike Pierce.

Why should he fight a guy that was just knocked out?
Brown is on a nice winning streak and Kos just lost.
Give him the winner of Condit Kampman.
Unless you just want to see him fight a wrestler,which makes no sense.
8/19/13 11:15 PM
UGCTT_ScarecrowRio
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

atma - Sure, he knows the sidestep already. No can defend. Phone Post
How does it side step rank against the top 10 though? Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.