UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> White: We aren't hiding Belfort in Brazil

8/19/13 10:21 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Vitor Belfort openly admits to adhering to a regime of testosterone replacement therapy and has recently fought his bouts in Brazil. However, the two have nothing to do with each other, so says UFC President Dana White:

"They say [Vitor] can't fight here because of the TRT thing and that is complete bullshit. Vitor Belfort can fight here, he can fight in Vegas, he can fight in any of these places. Whether they give him TRT or they don't. It's not a given that he has to give up the treatment in Vegas. The guy has been busted before. He's had some issues and he's going to have to go before the athletic commission and they would decide what they are going to do."

"That doesn't mean that he can't fight in Vegas or that Vitor Belfort is banned from Vegas and something crazy is going to happen. Or that we're hiding him in Brazil because he's on TRT. That is stupid, stupid Internet shit. Vitor Belfort is a big draw in Brazil so he fights in Brazil. Same thing with Aldo and a lot of these other Brazilian champions. If any of you have ever been to Brazil, Brazilians want to see Brazilians kick other people's asses, not other Brazilian's asses."

read entire article...

8/19/13 10:24 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ip Man 81
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE! Phone Post 3.0
8/19/13 10:30 PM
brahmabull81
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Then have him fight outside of Brazil. There are plenty of big name Brazilian fighters you can be having headline these cards that are draws there, and Vitor has fans AND LIVES in the USA.

Want to erase the possible taint in this situation, have him fight outside Brazil at least once in his next couple fights. Dont want to do that? Stop fucking complaining that people are accusing you of corruption.
8/19/13 10:38 PM
Ip Man 81

Maybe Dana likes this new Vitor Belfort and is worried if he fights outside Brazil he will be forced to fight without his prescribed "medicine". So not necessarily hiding him in Brazil, only making sure he gets to choose which Vitor shows up, so he puts him in BRAZtrtZIL. Phone Post 3.0
8/19/13 10:38 PM
gokudamus stole my name iv

"There are plenty of big name Brazilian fighters you can be having headline these cards that are draws there"

The only bigger name is Anderson, and aside from having headlined in Brazil several times now, he is probably too big a star to "waste" on foreign cards.

"Stop fucking complaining that people are accusing you of corruption."

I think he was answering a question.
8/19/13 10:41 PM
Kings21
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What about people from other countries that want to watch Vitor get his ass kicked? Do they have to watch from home or fly to Brazil every time?
8/19/13 10:44 PM
cheesesteak
241 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So in so many word Dana is reiterating what we already know.
8/19/13 10:46 PM
bando661
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cheesesteak - So in so many word Dana is reiterating what we already know.

VTFU

Said it exactly how I was going to. lol

8/19/13 10:48 PM
brahmabull81
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gokudamus stole my name iv - "There are plenty of big name Brazilian fighters you can be having headline these cards that are draws there"

The only bigger name is Anderson, and aside from having headlined in Brazil several times now, he is probably too big a star to "waste" on foreign cards.

Big Nog, Shogun, Aldo, Wanderlei, Dos Santos are all HUGE stars in Brazil at this point.

Shit, they still need to get Barao, Werdum, and Texiera to that level by headlining cards there.
8/19/13 10:49 PM
sockeye
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Plenty or fighters on TRT that fight in Vegas, why does everyone just focus on Vitor???
8/19/13 10:49 PM
PeaceThroughStrength

Kings21 - What about people from other countries that want to watch Vitor get his ass kicked? Do they have to watch from home or fly to Brazil every time?

Haha!
8/19/13 10:54 PM
gokudamus stole my name iv

brahmabull81 - 
gokudamus stole my name iv - "There are plenty of big name Brazilian fighters you can be having headline these cards that are draws there"

Big Nog, Shogun, Aldo, Wanderlei, Dos Santos are all HUGE stars in Brazil at this point.

Shit, they still need to get Barao, Werdum, and Texiera to that level by headlining cards there.

2 of Aldo's last 3 fights were in Brazil, 2 fights ago Wand was there...in general they probably don't want to use title fights there rather than in the U.S. if they can help it, and Vitor is probably the highest up contender out of the Brazilian non-champs. Werdum maybe, but he has little star potential and is certainly nowhere NEAR as popular or known as Vitor.
8/19/13 11:26 PM
Abrtitans
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Translation: "he's on the juice and I'm perfectly okay with it" Phone Post 3.0
8/19/13 11:28 PM
JROTT
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sockeye - Plenty or fighters on TRT that fight in Vegas, why does everyone just focus on Vitor???
Kizer openly said he wouldn't give Vitor the trt exemption because of his past steroid use. Since then Vitor hasn't fought in Vegas, and he's been on the sauce. That's why they focus on Vitor because it's so painfully obvious that he's avoiding Vegas because of the trt. Phone Post
8/19/13 11:35 PM
ChaosOverkill
523 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AlexanderTheGOAT - "That doesn't mean that he can't fight in Vegas or that Vitor Belfort is banned from Vegas and something crazy is going to happen."

I've never seen anyone say that so this is effectively a straw man argument. What I've said and that others have said is that he doesn't want to fight in Vegas because 1) he may not get a trt exemption and b) if he does he'll need to be within the set limits. The same standards do not exist in Brazil. Because of this I posit that Vitor prefers Brazil and the UFC does not want a champion who could possibly have problems like these in Vegas. Phone Post 3.0

This well said, man Dana sure get's all butthurt on this one.

8/19/13 11:35 PM
ChaosOverkill
523 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JROTT - 
sockeye - Plenty or fighters on TRT that fight in Vegas, why does everyone just focus on Vitor???
Kizer openly said he wouldn't give Vitor the trt exemption because of his past steroid use. Since then Vitor hasn't fought in Vegas, and he's been on the sauce. That's why they focus on Vitor because it's so painfully obvious that he's avoiding Vegas because of the trt. Phone Post

and, this. Facts elude Dana again.

8/19/13 11:39 PM
creepymcfinger

RockMeAmadeus - TRT Vitor is a Diva and a Coward.

Quack Quack Quack!
Fuck you Phone Post 3.0
8/20/13 1:49 AM
Il Duce
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChaosOverkill -
JROTT - 

and, this. Facts elude Dana again.

I seem to remember him saying he probably wouldn't get an exemption, not an absolute NFW.
Have to look it up though. Phone Post 3.0
8/20/13 1:55 AM
Il Duce
65 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.cagepotato.com/quote-of-the-day-past-steroid-users-like-vitor-belfort-will-probably-not-be-receiving-trt-exemptions-in-nevada/

"I don’t see Vitor Belfort getting a TRT exemption from us. I really don’t and I feel kind of bad for him in some ways because if he has learned from his mistakes and now he’s trying to do it the right way and his levels are low with the treatment good for him and I hope he is doing that."

Hardly a firm stance. I see him getting licensed. Phone Post 3.0
8/20/13 2:24 AM
SonOfThePeepHole

Book him in Vegas then Phone Post
8/20/13 3:16 AM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TRT Vitor has given us sub win over AJ and awesome headkick knockouts of Bisping and Rockhold in his recent Brazil fights. Don't mind if he stays there.
8/20/13 3:17 AM
12SixElbow
616 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Subbed for when they make his next bout official.

If its somewhere funny like Texas I'll love it. If its in Brazil even better.

Belfort hasn't fought in the USA since August of 2011, over 2 years ago.

8/20/13 3:26 AM
Vikingknee

He should totally have vitor fight outside of Brazil and lose money just to make the Internet trolls happy Phone Post 3.0
8/20/13 11:58 AM
JROTT
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I guarantee that Dana or someone working for Dana has already hypothetically asked Kizer about the exemption, and was told NO. Otherwise, they'd have booked the Silva rematch in Vegas already, before the Weidman fight, since it would have been a bigger draw. Phone Post
8/21/13 3:55 AM
12SixElbow
616 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hendo vs Vitor Nov. 9 in Brazil.

This will be his 5th fight in a row outside the US.

Has any other UFC fighter done 5 in a row outside the states?

3 in a row in brazil?

Aldo doesn't get that, Anderson didn't get that.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.