UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jones hoping to model acting career after The Rock

8/19/13 10:31 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

A few mixed martial artists have already parlayed their MMA celebrity into movie careers, including Randy Couture, Gina Carano, Ronda Rousey, & Cung Le. UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones hopes to some day to the same, and do it just like Duane 'The Rock' Johnson did after a successful WWE career:

"I'd like to model my acting career on Dwayne Johnson, the way he came out of [WWE] and started off tough guy roles and then moved over to doing 'Tooth Fairy,'" the 24-year-old Jones told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) during an appearance at the UFC's "World Tour" in Los Angeles. "That's when you really saw that he could act, and he's the one I admire and respect a lot, so I know I'd love to model my acting career after (him)."

"As an entertainer, I think acting is one of the highest levels you can get, and right now, I'm doing pretty well in my field, which is the martial arts world. To branch out a little bit and get my feet wet there and maybe prepare myself for a career after this career, I think it's all part of the plan."

read entire article...

8/19/13 10:39 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kings21
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did he really say that The Tooth Fairy is the point in which the Rock's acting ability became apparent? Jesus Christ. GL with your acting career Bones. Nevermind that your personality is non-existent.
8/19/13 10:41 PM
brahmabull81
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He probably should have used Oleg or something because its going to be hard modeling your career off a guy who was already an actor (in WWE) before he was doing it on the silver screen.

If theres anyone in MMA whos charisma and entertainer potential reminds me of The Rock, it sure as fuck isnt Jones. Hes more like Lance Storm or something in that regard. In other words, Jones would be about as good an actor as Steven Seagal. And would be about as good in movies as Hulk Hogan.

I can see it now, Jon Jones starring in: ....... Thunder in Paradise: Return to Paradise!!!
8/19/13 10:46 PM
Hairybog
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My god how can anyone like Jones Phone Post 3.0
8/19/13 10:47 PM
Matrixkick
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post 3.0
8/19/13 10:47 PM
Jone2tone
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome. Now I can not pay for his PPVs AND his movies.

Yawn. Phone Post 3.0
8/19/13 10:49 PM
Masakyst
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does every fighter these days aspire to be a Hollywood actor? Does Jones not make enough money as UFC Champion that he won't have enough saved up after he retires from fighting? What the hell's going on lately?
8/19/13 10:50 PM
Rudi

Hairybog - My god how can anyone like Jones Phone Post 3.0
I like him.

fuck u goof! Phone Post
8/19/13 10:50 PM
Letibleu
1664 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Rock guy has personality. I am sure it helps. Jones' personality is the equivalent of the saying "flat as a board".

8/19/13 10:51 PM
DragonDidn'tDrinkEnoughPee
733 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LETMEBANGBRO - Did he really say the rock can act ?????????
The rocks a great actor. Phone Post
8/19/13 10:53 PM
lgi

Jon Jones for Black Panther!
8/19/13 10:54 PM
Happiness Bunny
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

brahmabull81 - He probably should have used Oleg or something because its going to be hard modeling your career off a guy who was already an actor (in WWE) before he was doing it on the silver screen.

If theres anyone in MMA whos charisma and entertainer potential reminds me of The Rock, it sure as fuck isnt Jones. Hes more like Lance Storm or something in that regard. In other words, Jones would be about as good an actor as Steven Seagal. And would be about as good in movies as Hulk Hogan.

I can see it now, Jon Jones starring in: ....... Thunder in Paradise: Return to Paradise!!!

Lance storm was from Calgary............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ Alberta Canada!
8/19/13 10:54 PM
Rudi

fuck u goof Phone Post
8/19/13 10:55 PM
sniper1026

Great fighter, bu no way does he have the personality of the ROCK!!!

Maybe he pattern his acting career after Kareem Abdul Jabar
ChaosOverkill
523 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Slim build wants roles a guy with a brick shithouse build gets without half the personality gotcha

IDrankMyPhilOfPP
312 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DragonDidn'tDrinkEnoughPee -
I agree Phone Post
8/19/13 10:56 PM
ChaosOverkill
523 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Model it after Billy Blank Jones, aim realistically.

8/19/13 10:57 PM
MahatmaPetey
362 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jon Jones as Confidence Man #2.

8/19/13 10:58 PM
ChaosOverkill

Edited: 08/19/13 10:58 PM

IDrankMyPhilOfPP - 
I agree Phone Post

this, the Rock does just fine, in fact he's probably one of if not the best athlete actors on the planet

8/19/13 11:00 PM
PeaceThroughStrength

I know I should look at this like a guy just trying to make the best out of what he worked for,and I shouldn't let it bother me,but i cant help it.I don't know why but for some reason when he talks like this it bugs the shit out of me.

8/19/13 11:00 PM
ChaosOverkill

Apparently the Rock's movies started with whatever one Jones saw first.

8/19/13 11:01 PM
ChaosOverkill

Edited: 08/19/13 11:01 PM
PeaceThroughStrength - I know I should look at this like a guy just trying to make the best out of what he worked for,and I shouldn't let it bother me,but i cant help it.I don't know why but for some reason when he talks like this it bugs the shit out of me.

It's asif Jone's is on a psychoactive drug made from his own sweat that makes him see the world differently than 99% of people and not just personal issues, like the colour the sky different.

8/19/13 11:02 PM
Rahjai
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lolwut
8/19/13 11:03 PM
brahmabull81
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

circa305 - 
IDrankMyPhilOfPP - 
I agree Phone Post

I think so too.

Hes a top 5 paid actor in Hollywood now, no? He might not be Daniel Day Lewis but you dont become that successful by not being able to act.
8/19/13 11:03 PM
T Bag

Lol@ the forum lemmings getting upset about this! Cry harder! Phone Post 3.0

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.