UnderGround Forums

What if ... >> Shogun: I still want to be a world champion again

8/20/13 12:21 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1031 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Despite losing his bout against Chael Sonnen at this past weekend's Ultimate Fight Night 26, Mauricio Rua has not even thought about retirement and still has lofty goals in his career:

"I have 11 years in MMA and Vale Tudo, I won everything I always wanted," Rua stated in a press release. "I achieved everything I dreamed, but I want to do that again. I still want many victories; I still want to become the world champion again. Who decides when I will stop (fighting) or not is myself, no one else. Thank God I’m financially stable, and I keep fighting because I love it."

"I’m a really competitive guy, who hates to be defeated," he said. "I know I did everything I should have done during my preparation, but Sonnen was better on the fight. Unfortunately, in the fight (business), we have to wait a lot to return and bounce back. In soccer, you lose on Sunday and win on Wednesday, everything is ok. I’ll get back home, see what went wrong on the fight and train hard to make sure that mistake won’t happen again."

read entire article... 

8/20/13 12:25 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JoeJoeplata
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Class act. Hope he climbs back up the ladder.
8/20/13 12:31 AM
Raezor19
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's always barber college.....or

Maybe poker isn't your game.....I know....let's have a spelling contest.....

Flame away I'm just joking....

IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wish all the nest for Shogun. I hope to see him somewhere near the top again soon Phone Post
allyourbasebase

World champion of what? Phone Post 3.0
8/20/13 12:32 AM
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap - I wish all the nest for Shogun. I hope to see him somewhere near the top again soon Phone Post
Best* Phone Post
8/20/13 12:33 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have mad respect for Shogun. But I think his best option would be to get with a legit fight camp with a bunch of other guys and coaches that will really push him. A place he'd just be one of the guys and not the man. I think if he got in shape he could maybe even make 185.

I don't think he can win a championship again, but I do think he can take steps to having a bit of a comeback and being a top 5-10 guy. Phone Post
8/20/13 12:38 AM

RockMeAmadeus - no one is beating jones.

FACT.
Lol. Okay. Phone Post
8/20/13 12:42 AM
epic hero

OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  I have mad respect for Shogun. But I think his best option would be to get with a legit fight camp with a bunch of other guys and coaches that will really push him. A place he'd just be one of the guys and not the man. I think if he got in shape he could maybe even make 185.

I don't think he can win a championship again, but I do think he can take steps to having a bit of a comeback and being a top 5-10 guy. Phone Post

This, in his last couple fights what the fuck was he doing?

Get with a real camp or retire. If he can't train properly at the elite level, then retire.
8/20/13 12:45 AM
tres_equis_666
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shogun's still got some fight in him, but...

Blue please: http://31.media.tumblr.com/2e0344a11b0b32577fd03365a554a3e3/tumblr_mfajvqx7Xi1qa2el1o2_250.gif Phone Post
8/20/13 12:48 AM
GnP Sonnen

epic hero -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  I have mad respect for Shogun. But I think his best option would be to get with a legit fight camp with a bunch of other guys and coaches that will really push him. A place he'd just be one of the guys and not the man. I think if he got in shape he could maybe even make 185.

Get with a real camp or retire. If he can't train properly at the elite level, then retire.
Phone Post
8/20/13 1:15 AM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
544 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

epic hero -

It reminds me a lot of BJ Penn. He comes in without being in great condition and just fights with all heart on fight night. Phone Post
8/20/13 1:29 AM
Katsumoto

love the guy, but he needs to retire.
8/20/13 1:33 AM
idsmashit

Double of cro cop this... He has shown nothing in the UFC he's looked terrible never had cardio. Wanderlei who has been knocked out multiple times has still shown more ability in the UFC then cro cop and shogun combined.
8/20/13 1:36 AM
mata_leao
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

IAmNotImpressedbyYourStocktonSlap - I wish all the nest for Shogun. I hope to see him somewhere near the top again soon Phone Post
All the nest for baby bird Mauricio :( Phone Post 3.0
8/20/13 1:37 AM
Jobe Watson the Gentleman
409 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

idsmashit - Double of cro cop this... He has shown nothing in the UFC he's looked terrible never had cardio. Wanderlei who has been knocked out multiple times has still shown more ability in the UFC then cro cop and shogun combined.
What? Shogun won the belt!! He beat Machida who at the time was considered unbeatable. Wandy has not reached that milestone. Phone Post
8/20/13 1:43 AM
idsmashit

Edited: 08/20/13 1:43 AM
I had £100 on Machida i sat and watch Machida win every round. That was the worse decision in UFC history, I actually forgot he won the belt though haha thats shocking as he is so so bad.
8/20/13 1:43 AM
junon
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

idsmashit - Double of cro cop this... He has shown nothing in the UFC he's looked terrible never had cardio. Wanderlei who has been knocked out multiple times has still shown more ability in the UFC then cro cop and shogun combined.

Shogun's fight with Henderson alone is worth more than Cro Cops entire MMA career.
8/20/13 1:44 AM
junon
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

idsmashit - I had £100 on Machida i sat and watch Machida win every round. That was the worse decision in UFC history, I actually forgot he won the belt though haha thats shocking as he is so so bad.

okay. now youre trolling.
8/20/13 1:45 AM
idsmashit

Edited: 08/20/13 1:45 AM
o yeah the rematch he won sorry its to early my minds forgot half of Shoguns career... im not trolling he just shows nothing in the fights it reminds me of cro cop.
8/20/13 3:01 AM
Fedoral Crime
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck u goof! Phone Post 3.0
8/20/13 3:20 AM
UGCTT_AndersonTheGOAT
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Andy loses to Weidman again (hope not) but I wouldn't mind watching Anderson and Shogun throw down..... Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.