UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Miller to appeal loss to Gamburyan

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

8/20/13 11:26 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1405 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

At the Ultimate Fight Night 26 event Cole Miller lost a close decisision to fellow TUF 5 cast mate Manny Gamburyan. However it's the actions of the referee, not the judges that made Miller decide he would appeal the decision:

Miller told FOX Sports on Monday that he will appeal the outcome of his UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Sonnen bout due to referee Yves Lavigne's ruling that allowed the fight to extend past what could have been ruled a first-round technical knockout.

The ruling in question came following the final seconds of the round. As Gamburyan was going low for a takedown, Miller elbowed him to the head twice. That's when things took a strange turn. The horn sounded and Lavigne stopped the action, but Gamburyan did not get up. Instead, as Miller padded his fall, Gamburyan sat back on the canvas and held the back of his head.

"It was just real odd," Miller told FOX Sports. "The referee didn't give any indication the fight was over, he also didn't signal it was a foul. I looked at Manny and then the ref to see what was going on. I had my hand on Manny in a sportsmanlike way to sort of encourage the process and get things moving.

"A referee doesn't have to say if a strike is legal, a referee has to say if a strike was illegal," he continued. "No indication was made, but after the fight, the strike was deemed legal. The referee said it was a legal strike. To me, I've seen the footage and they all seem to indicate a legal strike."

read entire article... 

8/20/13 11:29 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Immaculata
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TITAN Combat/TITAN Grappling Open, Promoter
TTT.
8/20/13 11:35 AM
pennviachoke
1330 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I need to rewatch that fight Phone Post
8/20/13 11:36 AM
Jason
406 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Site Admin

It the strikes were not deemed illegal, there should have been no doctors check, and manny couldn't answer the bell. Should be a W for miller

8/20/13 11:43 AM
dannyapodaca
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think he will win this appeal Phone Post
8/20/13 11:46 AM
sincitydc
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where's vid of this? Phone Post 3.0
8/20/13 11:46 AM
ColeMillerATT
441 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the support guys. Maybe I can help some of you
1. If a legal blow is given(ref deemed it legal) and a fighter can't continue after his minute("answering the bell") the fight is over
2. If the referee believes a fighter is injured from a LEGAL blow no second or corner can provide aid until the doctor sees the fighter (dr was the last person to see fighter to determine if they can continue, 1:30 before dr even looked at him giving him time to recup)
3. A fighter can't take his minute break in another fighters corner, they have to report to theirs (manny, stitch, Ronda were all in my corner sitting next to me during my minute between rounds) Phone Post 3.0
8/20/13 11:48 AM
ChrisJPN
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good luck, Cole. I was incredibly irritated by the whole thing. You must have been livid.
8/20/13 11:50 AM
Pancake Syrup Ali
552 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I missed the prelims. Is there a gif of the ending of the 1st round?

8/20/13 11:50 AM
In Limbo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sounds like cole has a good case

need to re watch the fight

8/20/13 11:52 AM
SC MMA MD
389 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I believe that Cole should have won by TKO, and I am surprised that the fight was allowed to continue by the commission after the long break between rounds. It will be interesting to see how this is handled Phone Post 3.0
8/20/13 11:52 AM
Pernicious
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the clarification, Cole. Great fight and good to see you on here.

But what happened to the ninja turle SN?
8/20/13 11:54 AM
UGCKIRTT_SonofJockstrap
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you don't win this appeal, something incredibly crooked with the AC is going on. Fight should have ended between rounds.

8/20/13 11:54 AM
sycotik
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ColeMillerATT - Thanks for the support guys. Maybe I can help some of you
1. If a legal blow is given(ref deemed it legal) and a fighter can't continue after his minute("answering the bell") the fight is over
2. If the referee believes a fighter is injured from a LEGAL blow no second or corner can provide aid until the doctor sees the fighter (dr was the last person to see fighter to determine if they can continue, 1:30 before dr even looked at him giving him time to recup)
3. A fighter can't take his minute break in another fighters corner, they have to report to theirs (manny, stitch, Ronda were all in my corner sitting next to me during my minute between rounds) Phone Post 3.0
Good luck man. I think you bring up valid points which at least need to be addressed by someone. Will the ref have to answer questions on this or is up to the sole discretion of the AC? Phone Post
8/20/13 11:56 AM
n3m
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cole is correct
8/20/13 11:56 AM
JESK
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

. Phone Post 3.0
8/20/13 11:58 AM
transamman
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gif? Phone Post 3.0
8/20/13 11:59 AM
I GOT WEE'D ON BY WEIDMAN
434 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He did answer the call for the 2nd round. After he said he wanted to continue ref called the doc in which added time to the round.  But like you said though this was past the minute mark.

Yves seemed real slow to even get the 2nd round going.

What advantage do you think this gave Manny? Being able to recover and fill his gas tank maybe?

8/20/13 12:03 PM
Alabamaman
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ColeMillerATT - Thanks for the support guys. Maybe I can help some of you

Hope you win this appeal Cole. I think you won the fight anyway. You did so much more damage to him than he did to you. Good luck brother.
8/20/13 12:08 PM
cool hand Ed
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I GOT WEE'D ON BY WEIDMAN -

He did answer the call for the 2nd round. After he said he wanted to continue ref called the doc in which added time to the round.  But like you said though this was past the minute mark.

Yves seemed real slow to even get the 2nd round going.

What advantage do you think this gave Manny? Being able to recover and fill his gas tank maybe?

Well if a legal strike caused him to not be able to make it to his corner...fight should have been over right there. Phone Post
8/20/13 12:08 PM
ColeMillerATT
441 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not so much his gas tank but definitely his wits allowing his recovery from the head trauma...also let me take some weight off the AC. The AC does not "allow" a fight to continue. We've all heard a million times only the ref can stop the fight. I had a talk with yves after. I acknowledge he has a extremely difficult job, he has reffed me before, and I've seen him ref. I think he is a fine referee, I'm sure he had never been in this situation before, if it was me reffing it may have taken me 4 minutes to get the bout started up again. That being said 2 minutes, one minute, doesn't matter. As I listed above... His cut man, and seconds , are NOT allowed to offer aid UNTIL the dr has examined the injured fighter when a ref thinks he is injured. They were among the first to come to his aid, the dr was the last to see after a minute and a half went by already. Phone Post 3.0
8/20/13 12:11 PM
minotauro11
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Glad to hear Cole is doing something about this, that should have been a tko win. He'll it should have been a decision win too, Cole got robbed twice in one fight. Phone Post 3.0
8/20/13 12:11 PM
Malvert the Janitor
1255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fucked up... Phone Post 3.0
8/20/13 12:12 PM
eXtv
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought the decision was bogus, Cole did way more damage in the fight and Manny won it based on takedowns alone which he did very little with.
8/20/13 12:12 PM
canofsticks
99 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He might have a legit complaint here...

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.