UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Barnett: We fought for blood and for honor

8/21/13 2:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JimmersonzGlove
508 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Soup and Beer - 
SKARHEAD - We all lost something when NHB morphed into MMA which morphed into TUF dyed mohawk dry humping/slap point winning.

I agree 100%.  But it's also fair to note that even today's bottom of the ladder MMA fighters would still likely beat the best NHB fighters of the same weight in the early 90's.  And beat them with their own NHB rules.

It's even more likely that today's MMA fighters wouldn't even enter those events.

8/21/13 2:56 PM
Soup and Beer
166 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JimmersonzGlove - 
Soup and Beer - 
SKARHEAD - We all lost something when NHB morphed into MMA which morphed into TUF dyed mohawk dry humping/slap point winning.

I agree 100%.  But it's also fair to note that even today's bottom of the ladder MMA fighters would still likely beat the best NHB fighters of the same weight in the early 90's.  And beat them with their own NHB rules.

It's even more likely that today's MMA fighters wouldn't even enter those events.

Also true, but there wasn't any money in winning fights in the UFC back then unless you won the whole tournament.  Almost all of those guys were just your average Joes with regular jobs who happened to dabble in the martial arts.  There were no coaches or training camps unless you were a Gracie.

8/21/13 3:47 PM
alkysmurf
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

God damn viking death machine reincarnated into our day destined to rape and pillage! Phone Post
8/21/13 3:53 PM
6ULDV8
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's crazy that he's only 35.  Dude's been around forever and a day.

The Rodney Dangerfield of the heavyweight division, because he didn't get any respect.

TTT

8/21/13 8:34 PM
kingkoopa

Soup and Beer -
JimmersonzGlove - 
Soup and Beer - 

Also true, but there wasn't any money in winning fights in the UFC back then unless you won the whole tournament.  Almost all of those guys were just your average Joes with regular jobs who happened to dabble in the martial arts.  There were no coaches or training camps unless you were a Gracie.

Id rather watch guys that train and fight on the side because they love fighting than watch guys that train and fight fulltime for the money only Phone Post
8/21/13 8:39 PM
MT11

Ninja Tea Party - I like Barnett a lot, but and I agree with his general comments, however this whole "real" fighter stuff is so subjective. Here's how it seems to go:

Traditional Martial Artist - I know how to fight.
Grappler - That's not fighting, we fight to submission.
Striker - That's not fighting lol it's not fighting if you don't even punch someone.
Professional Soldier - What are you all on about? That's not fighting, and you're not in a "war". Stop daydreaming you're athletes not fighters.
Boy Soldier in Africa - lol you bitches don't even know 'bout fighting. Ain't no Geneva convention and supply chain here.

And on and on.
Lol at comparing sport fighting to war. Idiot. Phone Post 3.0
8/21/13 9:00 PM
danggook

PeaceThroughStrength - Im looking forward to his fight with Mir.
I would enjoy seeing Mir TapOut.
Barnett might win, but there is zero chance of him tapping mir out. ZERO Phone Post
8/21/13 9:01 PM
danggook

MT11 -
Ninja Tea Party - I like Barnett a lot, but and I agree with his general comments, however this whole "real" fighter stuff is so subjective. Here's how it seems to go:

Traditional Martial Artist - I know how to fight.
Grappler - That's not fighting, we fight to submission.
Striker - That's not fighting lol it's not fighting if you don't even punch someone.
Professional Soldier - What are you all on about? That's not fighting, and you're not in a "war". Stop daydreaming you're athletes not fighters.
Boy Soldier in Africa - lol you bitches don't even know 'bout fighting. Ain't no Geneva convention and supply chain here.

And on and on.
Lol at comparing sport fighting to war. Idiot. Phone Post 3.0
His point would've been better made with rilebreaking savage street fighters Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.